Fly Fusion Forums

Whats To Do

If you like corkies instead of Thingamabobbers just double up the leader and push thru the hole in the corky. Then pull the corky thru the loop. No more toothpicks! Maxwell taught me this.

I still prefer Thingamabobbers...

I've been using those indicators with the plastic peg. Take a knife and notch the top of the peg so there is a slight groove to put your line in. Then push the peg in. No worries about it popping free. Not always necessary, but sometimes with alot of weight the peg will pop free after a few casts, which I find to be a complete pain in the ass.

is there a special way to attach the thingamabobber to the line.. I tried them but the thing kept sliding down. I feed the line through the hole once and pushed it to the top part of the leader. should i thread through twice???

m

If your leader is thin then it will slide.I find it stays on the butt section(15lb)but it slides on the 6lb section.

is there a special way to attach the thingamabobber to the line.. I tried them but the thing kept sliding down. I feed the line through the hole once and pushed it to the top part of the leader. should i thread through twice???

m

double your line up feed it through and feed you leader through the loop created and draw tight! like tungsten said the fatter butt section of leaders lods better than thinner leader material

I had trouble with the sliding down but just moved it up higher onto the poly part of my leader where it is thicker, works great now. I always use the big yellow or white one so I can see them better...

especially on those 100 foot casts lol yaaa right ;)

Can you get by using one size or do you adjust the size based on what you are fishing?

I use the Medium mostly on The Bow (I have used the tank late in the evening or in really fast water to limit the amount of hangs). On small water/small nymphs I will use the small one, but usually when I would be using the small one I'm using some sort of dry instead.

I had always used the large size (1") without any problems, especially when using a triple rig with a very heavy SJW. Then I switched to the medium size (3/4") and was surprised that it works great with the same heavy rig!! I would use the large in very fast water, from now on and stick with the medium for everything else.

P

Most guys i've seen use the medium size. the small is too small and the large is too big

I switched over to thingamabobbers for the bow (medium), and sometimes have the sliding issue. I've double looped it, and that works. Or you can use attach some putty indicator just below it to keep it from sliding. When it doubt, duct tape. For smaller streams I find the foam sticky indicators work well (especially for thinner line). They don't move, don't fade, and are pretty sensative.