Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fish Calgary Confessional

Buddy and I blew a beaver dam one day a long long time ago using 2 full 5 gallon buckets of ammonium nitrate and diesel, the dam disappeared, couldn't hear much for a week or so and it was a little hard on the resident brookie population but his mother was most pissed about the windows we knocked outta her house a third of a mile away.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buddy and I blew a beaver dam one day a long long time ago using 2 full 5 gallon buckets of ammonium nitrate and diesel, the dam disappeared, couldn't hear much for a week or so and it was a little hard on the resident brookie population but his mother was most pissed about the windows we knocked outta her house a third of a mile away.

Gees, probably turned that dam into a lake.

Oh I got another one that was pretty bad. For some stupid reason when I was about 8 years old a buddy and me found some old fireworks in my basement, nothing crazy just those single light rockets. We thought we would be smart and we put a plastic bag over one of them and set it off in the kitchen...it made huge sparkles and went racing around the linoleum burning a little U shape into our floor. I was *hit scared so when my parents got home I said I had been cooking fried egg sandwiches and spilt some of the grease onto the linoleum and thats how it burnt....they believed me and I wasnt allowed to cook until I was 16 haha. They know the truth now 20 years later....lesson in point....dont leave fireworks for kids to find them in the basement!

Gees, probably turned that dam into a lake.

Na, most of the energy went straight up but the lake behind it disappeared downstream. Back then most ranchers had some dynamite floating around, you could buy the stuff through the local hardware store and any place that sold fertilizer sold 33-33 ammonium nitrate. My buddy had blown that dam 2-3 times before, it was my bright idea to use more goboom and be done with it. The authorities told us to tone it down a little, I believe the dam was back the next summer.

One time when were removing beaver dams with gel, a fellow who was trapping the varmits came by with a couple of the rodents in his truck. Well it was decided that we should sacrifice said rodents to the stream gods. We loaded up the dam with gel and placed the critters on top. After retreating to a safe distance we sparked the fuse. Well, we dun blowed 'em up good. Beavers look somehow out of place about 150 feet in the air. I think we learned 'em.

Shamefull acts...so many to choose from....

"After lecturing a tourist at Emerald Lk in Yoho about proper fish handling" I tried to yank my caddis away from a rising 6 incher - was too slow and ended up flinging the poor little brookie about 50 feet in the air into the marsh at the back of the lake - took me ten minutes to find him....dead...all watched by the scornful tourist.

when I was 18 - I was hunting in northern Ontario, I was xing a beaver dam and didn't see the little bugger about ten feet away - he slapped the water and startled me so much I jumped, lost balance slipped through the dam, as I slammed onto my back my 410 went off inadvertently killing the beaver - yep, thats right I killed our national symbol, hows that for shamefull.....

Before I got married ( I have been %100 faithfull since taking the plunge )- I regularly found the easist way to break up with a girl was to sleep with one of her friends and let her find out about it through the grapevine - instead of having that "look I am a ski bum, and I am bored of you" talk it was easier to be a *hit-heel in the hopes she would just never speak to you again - at least three times I tagged her best friend, which twice had the awesome effect of her packing up her crap and leaving town without any more response than leaving a F.U. note on my door. I am fairly sure I am carrying the mother of all karma debt....

Lastly - sometimes,...when I am alone...I savour the smell of my own farts......(LOL no one is ever going to fish with me again after that one !!! LOL)

Lastly - sometimes,...when I am alone...I savour the smell of my own farts......(LOL no one is ever going to fish with me again after that one !!! LOL)

Not to worry, I think that a high quality home grown poootpouri is more widely enjoyed than openly admitted :psssst: , from what I hear.

holy .... you guys are a bunch badasses!

I used to play baseball with gophers at my grandpa's house (dead or NOT dead ones). He used to pay us 25 cents per tail... and give me and my brother a loaded 22 and a box of ammo... WE WERE 9 and 10 YEARS OLD!!! LOLOL

Guest KnottyGirl
I enjoy releasing a silent but deadly one on the c-train and blaming a stranger at rush hour.

So YOU'RE the a**hole... <_< Gotta love that, first thing in the morning... jerks.

i had a small but off limits steelhead and salmon spawning creek running through my back yard when i was growing up. it is still one of the creeks in BC that you cannot fish at all, period, no arguements - off limits... except, you couldnt see the creek from the road because it was behind a noise wall and very dense coastal rain forest. each property was 1/2 acre and you couldnt see from one yard to the next. I used to net the fish with plastic bags. i did try ketchup as bait once, but it didnt work.

i'm a dance show junky. and i'm not going to admit to anything else.

i tie giant white rabbit strips onto jig heads and still call myself a fly fisher...sorry.

ouch...can't tell if that's a confession or a burn on me... :lol: on a side note, i kept and ate a bull trout in '96 forgetting about the law brought in in '95...