Fly Fusion Forums

Official Oilers 2008/2048 Season Thread

Dear Oilers:

Thank you for letting Buffalo kick the crap out of you. In doing so, they tired themselves out walking roughshod over your pathetic squad, and then were too tired to play against our beloved Flames. A big thank you for sucking so badly... :):)

*poke* *nudge* LOL

(dang what's going on I thought the Oil was going to be a damn good team this year...?? I actually like them, not as much as the Flames though, but I just couldn't resist making that post)

I'd love to say "we softened them up for ya" ... but....

I know. I did too. It's brutal. A lot of people say "stop complaining".. but I seriously believe that they need to get rid of "the good ol' boys ex-Oilers club" that is managing that team.

ATCO Electric, EPCOR Inc, and ENMAX Power Corp. are warning customers of rotating winter power blackouts that are expected to occur on:

* Friday, Jan 30th, 2009

* Sunday, Feb 1st, 2009

* Tuesday, Feb 3rd, 2009

* Thursday, Feb 5th, 2009

* Saturday, Feb 7th, 2009

* Sunday, Feb 8th, 2009

* Wednesday, Feb 11th, 2009

* Saturday, Feb 14th, 2009

* Monday, Feb 16th, 2009

This is a province wide alert.

The lack of power seems to consistently occur just after 8pm Saturday and 7pm weekdays. It is likely attributed to the excessive power required to run the goal light behind the Edmonton Oilers' net.

Sincerely,

Alberta Ministry of Service

It doesn't surprise me you guys are so easily amused.

By the way how many tickets did the Flames fans finally part with for the military night. Did they manage to top the three sets of tickets I heard they had so generously given up a few days before the game?

By the way Edmonton gave up 6000 tickets when we had military night. THAT'S why we're "THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS"

and Calgary is, a, well, Calgary.

<--poke--<

troops-main1.jpg

Your right, If the Olympics were to ever come to Alberta.... the "city of champions" would have to be the first pick... ooo wait.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Military base that got moved from Calgary to Deadmonton, Where all the Military personnel actually live?? I'm not sure.... i just wonder

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Military base that got moved from Calgary to Deadmonton, Where all the Military personnel actually live?? I'm not sure.... i just wonder

No, no, no, that's not it! They moved to Edmonton because we have things that need protecting.

The Whitemud? When's the last time you came to visit? The Whitemud isn't where it's at - it's the Anthony Henday - Yes WE have a ring road (that should be complete anytime if we don't go broke) complete with the typical dumb ass intersections that were never properly completed due to budget constraints, but nevertheless WE have a ring road. Yeh,yeh,yeh!! NA,Na,Na,Na..Na,Na.

And WTF is Klondike days? Been gone for awhile now. Never did get any gold out of th Chilkoot mine. Still pissed about that one.

Time to bring this thread back to life. F*ckin Garbagekov...that guy scares the hell out of me every time he touches the puck. I wonder how Pat Quinn would do as head coach, maybe give the whole team the kick in the ass they need. As for MacT, it's time to go and as soon as Kevin Lowe realizes that the better off everyone will be.

Ok the optics of the 8-3 blow out were really bad, AGAIN, but at the end of a three game road trip (one being against the defending champs and minus what could be their best d-man), didn't they bring home 3 of a possible 6 points? That's decent isn't it?

Ayr.

That's decent isn't it?

Ayr.

Only decent if you like mediocrity........They should never have gone to overtime in SL.......Yeah, they lost to the Wings which was expected but with mistake, after mistake, after mistake today they were lucky to get a point...........The players are better than that and I agree with all who've said it's time for a coaching change..........And MMAX, I think Lowe should go with him...........

Only decent if you like mediocrity

Agreed what fan likes mediocrity?? Not me. And yeah it drives me wild when they get blown out three times in a month and half, so frustrating! I do try to have realistic expectations though (most of the time, I am a fan afterall :goodvsevil(): ) and because of that I think the trip was decent based on the team assembled at this point. The Oilers have ONE first line player on their entire roster of forwards, were without perhaps their best d-man, played the defending champs in their barn, got a point out of Minnesota (which is very rare for the Oilers). So yeah, with what they have to work with, I will stick with my thought that it was a decent trip.

I think that both Kevin Lowe and MacT are among the best in the league in their respective positions and I am happy the organization has them. It's pretty easy to scapegoat these two, but I am much more interested to hear your suggested replacements, if you had your way and they were both gone tomorrow.

I'd love to see the Oilers contend for the cup EVERY year too, and I am the first to admit that I was guilty of being too optimistic about this team at the beginning of the season and was hopeful that they could challenge for the division. I have to get real. The Oilers will be hard pressed to contend for the division this year (short of a miraculous run) with their current roster, let's face it, they are a bubble team to make the playoffs as it stands. They would have to make significant additions this year to expect to be anything greater than a first-round casualty, at best. It's comforting to me knowing that it's Kevin Lowe ( with JT ) out there looking to improve the club though, because he has proven in the past that he will do WHATEVER it takes to improve, and now with the Katz greenlight, it's just a matter of time before he succeeds in landing the likes of a Vanek, or a Hossa. What if he had been successful in bringing one of those guys here? Both?? There's always a possibilty that Kevin could pull a rabbitt or two out of his hat before this years trade deadline, and make a dramatic improvement to the club, if anyone can it's him. That would be ideal!! The climate in the cap-era NHL makes it very difficult for ANY GM to improve his team through trade. How many significant trades have there been in the entire league this year? Um, not many, close to none maybe.

Anyway, I'm a big Oiler fan, Kevin Lowe, and MacT included and I hope the organization stays the course because I think that they can build a contender, in time, with the current ownership & management team. Even though it might not be this year, I'm still going cheer for them. And be frustrated as heck at times.

Ayr.

Anyway, I'm a big Oiler fan, Kevin Lowe, and MacT included and I hope the organization stays the course because I think that they can build a contender, in time, with the current ownership & management team. Even though it might not be this year, I'm still going cheer for them. And be frustrated as heck at times.

Ayr.

Some good points, Ayr.......I disagree however with the "only one first line forward" observation.....Hemsky for sure and perhaps Morrow.......But look at all the young talent on that team and compare it to Chicago........Why aren't we getting better??..........Coaching!!.....I like McT as well but we've changed almost everything in the past 15 months and now we need to finish the job........How can a team that showed so much promise be mired in mediocrity at this point of the season??..........Let's face it---they aren't getting better and that's what good coaches do..........They take young talent and make it better.......With the likes of Cogliano, Nilsson, Gagne, Pouliot, etc., etc. they just aren't reaching their potential........And lets face it, guys like Grebezkov don't belong.........That's Lowe's job...........We have lots of raw material, now just need the management to make it into something great...........I too am a fan but it's painful to watch so much potential go unrealized...........I'm doing the same with my Lethbridge Hurricanes and for the same reasons........

I think MacT is going senile or something adc...

I'm sorry Ayr, but I have to disagree as well. MacT needs to be canned at this point. Whether or not he's a good coach is irrelevant.. the team isn't playing for him anymore.

Too many stupid decisions trying to "shake things up". Here.. have a read:

http://www.oilersnation.com/2009/02/fire-craig-mactavish/

Oh.. and my vote for his replacement goes to Pat Quinn.