Fly Fusion Forums

Official Oilers 2008/2048 Season Thread

Hey - great Game Edmonton. Best performance in 4 games - took all the way to overtime for you to lose. Too bad about those penalties in overtime.

Say, did you guys happen to catch the absurdity in the Ottawa game. Apparently one of Buffalo's superstars (Weber) hit one of the Senators lesser players (think his name was Alfredsson or something). Anyway - right after, Mike Fisher goes after Weber and starts a fight. Here's the absurd part. Bufallo did not get a 9 minute power play, even though that seems to be the standard call for this play according to the non biased oiler fans. In fact, the Sens ended up with the power play. Something wrong here, cause the same thing happened in Phoenix the other night with Carcillo jumping in to protect Mueller after Giordano hit him with a clean check. Calgary also did not get the prescribed 9 minute power play - the standard punishment for this offence.

Wow. Some guys just can't let crap go. It was four games ago man. Let it go. The Flames won ffs! If they lost, then I could understand the lingering bitterness, but for cryin out loud, DROP IT already. Are you guys gonna hijack every thread for the next month about a stupid penalty call that happened almost two weeks ago?

I said in my post that the 8th & 9th minutes were a mystery. But when you jump in on a guy, you get 7 minimum, five for fighting and two for instigating. Maybe Bourque got the extra two for roughing for continuing to pound on the guy while he was still on the ground unable to defend himself. Maybe the ref didn't give the the kid five for fighting because he didn't have a chance to get a punch in otherwise because he was already gooned to the ice. I'm not the ref, I have no idea what the ref was thinking at that point in time but I do know that I am tired of reading every other thread that has been ambused by this crap.

Get over it already!

:$*%&:

Stop whining about a calgary penalty.... calgary's a chippy team. I love 'em, but they deserve what they get almost every night. The odd call goes against them and the odd call goes for them. More calls went FOR them in the same damn game your talking about, but you seem hooked on this one 9 minute job. Calgary had FOUR five on three's that game... coming from another flames fan.. please get over it!!

and wow. 0 and 4 since a 4 and 0 start. Just so u edmonton fans know.... Calgary IS my number 1 choice, but EDM is my #2..... I know it's a bit odd to cheer for both, but I do. And therefore... I can make fun of both :)

Stop whining about a calgary penalty.... calgary's a chippy team. I love 'em, but they deserve what they get almost every night. The odd call goes against them and the odd call goes for them. More calls went FOR them in the same damn game your talking about, but you seem hooked on this one 9 minute job. Calgary had FOUR five on three's that game... coming from another flames fan.. please get over it!!

and wow. 0 and 4 since a 4 and 0 start. Just so u edmonton fans know.... Calgary IS my number 1 choice, but EDM is my #2..... I know it's a bit odd to cheer for both, but I do. And therefore... I can make fun of both :)

Well, techically, it's 0-3-1. There is still a point for the OT loss. :P

Yeah...if there's any team that knows about the point for the OT loss, it's Edmonton!

If you are basing it on last years performace where I believe they set the NHL record for the most trips to OT/SO, but also recorded the most WINS in OT/SO, then the Overtime LOSS point, means nothing.

And, in fact, the Calgary Flames had 10 OTL points last year compared to only 6 for the Oilers. So.....who do you think knows more about the value of the OTL point?

<--poke--<

I think the time to fire MacTavish has LONG past.

Why he has Hemsky on the first line still is beyond me. And why Cole ISN'T on the first line, is also beyond me. I was watching the game last night with a buddy, and he came up with a really good point. How can we expect to keep a guy like Cole, if he's only getting third line minutes? He's treating him like Peca. Peca played awesome in the playoffs and stunk it out in the regular season, but he was only getting limited ice time during the regular season.

MacT is an idiot, and has to go. He makes the worst decisions, the only good line he has is the kid line, and all the others are just struggling together just to keep thier head above water. He really needs to go. The same with any other Ex-Oiler that's on the coaching staff.

It's a little worrying how Garon has played lately. I didn't agree with MacT calling him out though, if you're going to blame your goalie you better call out the 'first line center' making 5 mil who is being outplayed by friggin' Marc Pouliot, or Gilbert and Visnovsky for their boneheaded giveaways.

No sooner than I post that and MacT sends him down to the Second line.

So far, the two games where Horcoff has been on the 2nd line and Gagner on the 1st, two wins.

I really wanted Gagner to score in the Shootout, he needs to find the net and soon, or this kid is gonna crumble. Cogliano was SO close to winning in OT, but just trickled wide.

Really entertaining game tonight, lots of back and forth. Not really sure I like all the shots they have been giving up lately, but man has Deslaurier been FANTASTIC! This kid really is the future for the Oil.

Yeah Gagner looks like he has no confidence left. It was probably too much as an 18 year old to hear all the time about how he's going to be a big star and lead the Oil to glory...way too much pressure.

3 Oilers made the NHL's plays of the week, including 2 Hemsky goals (again :bow: ) and MacIntyre's owning of Letang was the #1 hit of the week: http://oilers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=4&id=25221

Good 'ol Scorecoff can't even hit an empty net. Good thing he's only getting paid 5 mil :wacko:

Actually that was a really solid effort last night until the late meltdown. Cogliano was flying (MacT needs to keep him and Cole together), Gagner looks like he's getting back on track, Roli was solid until his tantrum, Nilsson was good, Reddox was awesome in his 2nd career game. Gilbert and Visnovsky looked a lot steadier. I liked how they kept their play up in the 3rd, the Oil usually sit back on a lead. Frustrating loss but if they keep that effort up they'll be fine.