Fly Fusion Forums

Official Oilers 2008/2048 Season Thread

Yeah I was calling that before it happened. I told my wife... look he's rattled now and paying attention to stuff OTHER than the game... and sure enough... goal... Mind you... who was it that couldn't get around one guy and find an empty net?

That would be Whore Cough.

Horcoff will be next to be scratched and I'm also glad he's no longer on the first line.

I personally believe he was never better than a 2nd(or 3rd) line center.

I would agree with that.

I like how Gagner looks on the top line. He just needs to get the monkey off his back and start scoring again.

Penner is back in the line up due to the loss of Pisani to a broken ankle, hopefully his attitude has changed and he'll kick some ass tonight. But time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...

A reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly bad second period. Dominated in the third, until the tied it up, then sat back again. Almost as if they wanted to get to OT/SO.

Can't really explain it as I did miss most of the game.

Yeah, I've been really impressed with Schremp this time around. Good to see MacT finally pull his head out of his ass and give the kid a chance to play.

I liked what Brule brought to the table too. He was out late in the third when the game was tied taking some crucial face offs and won them! I think when Nilsson comes back, you'll see Reddox get sent back down before him.

The Oilers have made it through a brutal first quarter regarding their number of road games, and have done so with a winning record.

"The Oilers have played 18 of their first 26 games on the road and now have seven of their next 10 games at Rexall Place starting Thursday against the Florida Panthers. In January they'll play nine of 12 games at home. "

With a more favorable schedule in front of them, over the next two months, look for the Oil to make a move up the standings and challenge for the lead in the Northwest. Imagine for a second what might happen if the half of the team who are in wicked slumps, snap out of them......

Optimism warranted..... :hanson::hanson:

Ayr.

It's been rough at times this season, but there's still lots to be optimistic about. They're tied with Detroit for most wins on the road, Horcoff is getting back to form, Penner has been a legit power forward since being called out, Gilbert has his game back, etc. I remember when it seemed all the Oilers needed was an offensive defenseman - now they have 3 players in the top 30 for d-man points. It's also great to have legitimate star players again - Souray is a norris candidate if he keeps his level of play up, and Hemmer has finally reached the level I've always known he could reach (tied for 14th in points, 5th among all RW'ers, tied for 8th in PP points, 2nd behind Crosby in road points).

Some players still need to pick up their game - Cole, Gagner, and Garon in particular. But it looks like the team might have broken out of their slump, and at 5 points behind 1st in the division (with a game in hand), and a long home stretch coming up, things don't look too bad.

...................Would you please clarify; are you two Oiler fans? Or not.

What difference does it make??

For the record, damn right I'm an Oilers fan -- just ask Bigbowtrout. As far as the Oilers home record is concerned, I believe it is 3 wins and 5 losses -- not great. Terry

GO OILERS!

QUOTE (TerryH @ Dec 8 2008, 03:27 PM)

Sure hope you're right. So far, the Oiler's home record sucks. Terry

Would you please clarify; are you two Oiler fans? Or not.

True Blue Oiler Fan.

After all, I am the one that started this thread.....

GO OIL!

Last night's game was brutal. The lesson for me was obvious. The Oilers have a ton of talent, and yet they put a disorganized mess on the ice, once again. Doesn't that suggest a coaching problem? McTavish has to go, sooner better than later. Terry