Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the fact the Oilers managed to get Dubnyk his first win, plus giving Detroit a point! Too funny.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall of the Flames dressing room when Detroit scored with 0.2 seconds left in the 3rd to tie it. Something like... :

*%$#@& OF *$@#&^*# OILERS !!!!

har har

and then the winning goal with .3 seconds in ot in vancouver - stupid canucks - erhoff should have tackled zetterberg given how much time was left. luongo sure didn't look that sharp on the daytsuk and zetterberg goals. the canucks won't get far in the playoffs if he doesn't play better. he hasn't been very good since the olympics (and wasn't exactly stellar there either).

why the frick did sutter start toskala today? maybe he wants to give kipper a break? get real! kipper will get a big break on the damn golf course... what a stupid decision by sutter. Toskala is a backup goalie... not a starter. Kipper did not need a rest. :$*%&: :$*%&: :$*%&:

I say neither for a 2 big reasons reasons.

1) Since Dyral came in (with the exception of this year) he has made the playoffs something this prodesasors (sp) couldn;t do for 10 years.

2) Even though we fell apart close to the olympics we had one of our best starts in francise history

Like I said before we need consistacy which getting rid of coaches and gm's every year they have a bad year does not create any type of consiancy in your players as each and every coach or gm has their own way of doing things, if we didn;t make playoffs for two years in a row and have a dismal mid point again like this year there might be some reason to look at the sutter but not every coach or gm can be sucessful every year espically in the NW Pacific Division where anything can happen at any time, by far one of the tuffest divisions in the NHL, with Van, Minasota, Calgary, colorado all in the same division its pretty tuff to be a power house every year.

Dump Sutter the GM, Keep the coach. He has decimated our future draft picks for the next two years, with nothing but middle of the pack players to show for it. We will fight for 6th-10th place for the next two years.. then what do we do?

The Flames have underachieved for a long time except for 2004 and you can thank Bertuzzi for the Flames getting through the first round vs Canucks. Real fans will know what I'm talking about, "cheerers" won't. Thankfully in recent years the Sharks have done worse in post season, so the media preys on them. I'm not sure what's ahead for the Flames but it doesn't look good. Iggy and Kipper are getting older and there's no one to take their spots. It may be back to no playoffs for a few years.

It is tough to ice a good team these days and the draft is so important so you can have good young players that don't break the bank for a few years at least. Unfortunately there are no stars on the horizon for the Flames. What free agent, offensive player would want to play for "Defense first" Sutter?

I can hear the ankles snapping as they fall off the bandwagon!!

I dunno. 'd rather see some damn emotion from the flames bench than the usual take it up the rear from the refs outfit we have now. Maybe this would do some good. The flames get screwed so often no one even notices anymore becuase NO ONE SNAPS except me... :)

Edmonton not making the playoffs made sense, sucky goaltending, injured major talent, lackluster secondary players and a new coach. If I was a Calgary fan I would be livid for a team so heavy with great players turning in such a brutal season. The Flames have far more to be ashamed of than the Oil.

J