Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lundmark for......

Nothing. :o

Brilliant move. Good move for my leafs though.

I like his work ethic and willingness to go back and forth without complaint but what exactly did you expect for a 29 yr old perrenial AHler who has a grand total of 35 goals over his 10 year career in the bigs. I think sutter asked for phanuef back but it was a no go <--poke--< .

Just wanted to reiterate to you depressed Flamer fans out there that, contrary to some people's opinions, I don't think Iginla is washed up.

:goodvsevil():

;)

Smitty

Nice hat trick Iggy (commentators saying he really had 3). What's it like playing with real linemates?

<--poke--<

• 2 weeks later...

That was just painfull. What the heck is it with this team? How can they "outchance" their oppenents almost every game yet lose ALL the time. Don't we have anyone that can bury a puck??? It's almost as if every time they get close to scoring a goal some really good looking girl in the crowd flashes them, they just lose it, knees go wobbly, and they can't finish. Good grief!!! I can't watch anymore. *sigh*

That was just painfull. What the heck is it with this team? How can they "outchance" their oppenents almost every game yet lose ALL the time. Don't we have anyone that can bury a puck??? It's almost as if every time they get close to scoring a goal some really good looking girl in the crowd flashes them, they just lose it, knees go wobbly, and they can't finish. Good grief!!! I can't watch anymore. *sigh*

You have to ask how Hagman and Iginla can get all those goals in the Olympics and yet be unable to score at all on the Flames. Could it be that the heralded "System" is crap?

Keenan got the bums rush for getting 98 points and finishing second in the NW (2 points out of 1st) last year. This year they are on pace for 89 points (15 points out of first), 3rd in the NW, and missing the playoffs. All this despite the fact that their #1 goaltender has played significantly better this year than last (.923 save percentage vs .903 last year) AND Wonder Boy Darryl has made major moves to "improve" the team.

Sure am glad I'm no longer a fan of this team because I fear this is just the start of what will be similar to the 1996-2003 period. I suffered through that.

well it's a good thing they beat new jersey the other night or I would have had to wear an oilers jersey to college monday morning (made a bet with a buddy if they lost this one I would jump ship... lol)

jezzuz man. theres jumping ship and then theres committing a hockey lobotomy. If you are gonna change allegiances, at least pick another professional team.

Pretty solid game against detroit in a must win situation. They looked determined and hungry, and didn't let two quick second period goals ruin the party. Well played game. I honestly thought they got away with a lot tonight as far as calls go, moreso than detroit, even though the penalties were 5 - 2 with (as usual) the flames leading the parade to the box.

regardless of the current winning streak and whether or not they squeak into the playoffs (i'm thinking 8th with the preds falling off and wings in 7th although the flames have the toughest remaining schedule, followed by another first round exit) who thinks that the sutters will be still in charge next year?

i've been a supporter of Darryl till now but it seems as though he's had his chance to make the team into a contender and has been unable to even get close to contending for a cup. is this new version of the flames just a stop gap measure until he can put into play a plan for next year? can't see this version of the flames being much better than the one that started the year.

regardless of the current winning streak and whether or not they squeak into the playoffs (i'm thinking 8th with the preds falling off and wings in 7th although the flames have the toughest remaining schedule, followed by another first round exit) who thinks that the sutters will be still in charge next year?

i've been a supporter of Darryl till now but it seems as though he's had his chance to make the team into a contender and has been unable to even get close to contending for a cup. is this new version of the flames just a stop gap measure until he can put into play a plan for next year? can't see this version of the flames being much better than the one that started the year.

not if they can luck into playing the Sharks, I'm thinking another early playoff exit again this year for San Jose.

not if they can luck into playing the Sharks, I'm thinking another early playoff exit again this year for San Jose.

i'd say the sharks would get a break if they were to play the flames. can't see the flames beating anyone is a 7 game series even the sharks.

and it doesn't look like nashville is dropping off either. doubt very much the flames will pull it together to make the playoffs. let the golfing jokes begin.....

I think the flames are going to take it all, cause I am a REAL FAN of the flames

What happens happens, at the end of the day I am still cheering for my team regardless to what happens.

Daryl has done aswome since coming to the flames, do you remeber how good the flames were before Daryl came, if I remeber correctly they went 10 years without making the playoffs at least since Daryl has been here we are at least now making the playoffs alot better then nothing.

Also is it just me or do the flames play in one of the hardest division in the league, alot of great teams in the NW Pacific division, and the western conferance has the potentional to dominate the eastern league (dunno now with sid and ovekin in the east) so there is no easy match up PERIOD for the first round of the western division playoffs.

Have faith and cheer for YOUR team

bhurt don't get me wrong i'm still a flames fan but i believe you can be a fan and also be realistic about your team's ability (will they win 9 of their last 13 i say no based on their current play). i cheered for the flames for all the years they didn't make the playoffs and will continue to cheer for them. but i don't believe they're anywhere near holding the stanley cup.

i don't think you can say that sutter's done an awesome job since he arrived. he certainly put together some teams that won some games but other than 2004 what is there to show for it? at some point i would expect the ownership group to start thinking maybe it's time for a change....be nice to have more than 2 or 3 playoff games for revenue purposes.

and the current version of the flames? ay carumba i can only assume that sutter's got a plan to revamp over the summer. Kotalik? Higgins? Hagman? Those guys are hardly the ones to build the future of the team on. And no draft picks in the first 2 rounds this year? Ouch. sutter has had his chance and perhaps it's time to move on and try something else.....

i do agree that playing in the nw division and western conference has historically been tougher than some of the eastern teams have to deal with. esp when you factor in travel. but can't use that as an excuse.

but as i alway say go flames go.

The problem with calgary in the past is as soon as a coach has a bad year or a GM has a bad year they get rid of him and replace him, consitance starts at the top and when you have a routating door of coaches and gm's you really think the player are going to play consistance then?

We all like to bitch and moan about the coaches but really in the last couple of years how many H.C have we had, hmmmm lets see Daryl, Playfair, Keenan, and now brett

To me it seems like we just replace a coach every year, and I am positive that each coach had their own system and way of doing things, with that in mind are you really surprise with how inconsitance the players are.

I say leave things as they are and allow the team and the coaches to gell as a team, no need to replace anyone (well players are always beeing replaced but I am talking about coaches) and let them start building a team, and not a road stop.

I think the flames are going to take it all, cause I am a REAL FAN of the flames

What happens happens, at the end of the day I am still cheering for my team regardless to what happens.

Daryl has done aswome since coming to the flames, do you remeber how good the flames were before Daryl came, if I remeber correctly they went 10 years without making the playoffs at least since Daryl has been here we are at least now making the playoffs alot better then nothing.

Also is it just me or do the flames play in one of the hardest division in the league, alot of great teams in the NW Pacific division, and the western conferance has the potentional to dominate the eastern league (dunno now with sid and ovekin in the east) so there is no easy match up PERIOD for the first round of the western division playoffs.

Have faith and cheer for YOUR team

The worst team in the league plays in the NW division.

And tonight I'm forced to cheer for them :$*%&:

I'll never cheer for edmonton even though we needed thenm to win some games for us to get into the playoffs I dunno I just can't bring myself to cheering for them.

Even when they were in the finals a couple of years back I just couldn't cheer for them, my line was I really don't care who wins cause calgary isn't in.

Oh even though this is not hockey reletaed I'll never cheer for the eskimo's I much rather give birth to a flaming porcipine through my left nostral then cheer for them.

lol yeah... GO OILERS GO!!! I know you can win one!! no time's better than the present!! :)

Thanks for giving deadmonton er I mean Edmonton the cheer tonight Brian we needed them to win, Good to see us Win, even though alot of people out there had no faith in the boys.

GO FLAMES GO

p.s

I am surprised that there are no comments about last nights game or is everyone eating crow?

Oh and by the way just checking with NHL.COM we are currently tied with Detroit and the last 10 games we played we are 7-3-0