Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right....Calgary Sucks....love these sweeping statements....they doubled up on Chicago on shots on goal and just because Khabibulin plays like an all-star Calgary sucks. I love the logic. Good game, not a good result....time to look forward to next year and some changes - and I hope to God they start with Keenan.

Now before we get an all out assault on getting the shaft due to the reffing or injuries or other weak excuses, maybe shames fans it's time to face the facts........CALGARY SUCKS! 20 minutes to go and it's lookin good, keep it going Chicago.

It's always easy to ridicule a team when the team that YOU cheer for finished in 11th Place in the Conference and 21st overall in the NHL, and when your leading goal scorer had 23 goals and point getter had 66 points. So do us all a favor and start posting your lame comments on the retired, dead, finished Oilers thread!

P.S. This is all on the Assumption that your an Oilers Fan.... LOL. Hope I'm not wrong or this rant was for nothing.

Drew

Nice try Flames, Bye Kennan, and better luck next year!

Well no matter how you slice it both The Oilers and Flames are LOSERS. Time for a wakeup call for both teams. BTW the Hawks won tonite hands down.

Losers is a little harsh I think. Pretty tough for Canadian teams to compete against the amount of money most US teams have to throw around. Remember when Alberta was known as death valley , man those where the days. Anyways love the flames all always be a fan win or lose.

Did you know Calgary has only made it past the first round once since 1990 and that was in 2004.

And further to this look at Sutter's record. Really quite average as a coach and as Calgary's GM- well you decide. He has certainly walked on water in Calgary.

It's always easy to ridicule a team when the team that YOU cheer for finished in 11th Place in the Conference and 21st overall in the NHL, and when your leading goal scorer had 23 goals and point getter had 66 points. So do us all a favor and start posting your lame comments on the retired, dead, finished Oilers thread!

P.S. This is all on the Assumption that your an Oilers Fan.... LOL. Hope I'm not wrong or this rant was for nothing.

Drew

Nice try Flames, Bye Kennan, and better luck next year!

Hey Drew:

Some of our Oilers could use caddies. How good is Iginla reading the greens? Can he rake the sand all nice and even? <--poke--<

Best stat of the night: TSN points out that the Flames have only made it past the first round once since 1990. :clapping:

Smitty

Losers is a little harsh I think. Pretty tough for Canadian teams to compete against the amount of money most US teams have to throw around. Remember when Alberta was known as death valley , man those where the days. Anyways love the flames all always be a fan win or lose.

Hey GrnDrake, 2 words...Salary Cap. Every team in the league is on an even playing field in terms of money. I guess my comment on calgary sucking hurt a little bit. Oh well, truth hurts I guess.

Hey GrnDrake, 2 words...Salary Cap. Every team in the league is on an even playing field in terms of money. I guess my comment on calgary sucking hurt a little bit. Oh well, truth hurts I guess.

The Flames dominated in every category except goaltending - tonight. And score. Surprisingly, I thought Darren Pang summed up the issues best - poor goaltending (all-year, not just in the playoffs).

Wasn't the result Flames fans were hoping for, but at the very least we can say that we got to cheer FOR a team in the playoffs instead of having to be so bitter with our own hopeless team that the best we can do is cheer AGAINST another team.

The Edmonton Calgary thing is not even a rivalry anymore - the dogsleds just haven't made it to Edmonton yet to tell them. Vanouver - Calgary is the only real rivalry in the past 7 years.

Do you really think my life revolves around whether the flames win or lose? You know I joined this site because I bought a drift boat and was looking for someone around Red Deer that wanted to float the bow and red deer river with me. I grew up in Innisfail Guess all keep looking lol

I forgot to add the the toughest Guy on the Oilers is nick named "Huggy Bear" ... Obviously for his ferocious fighting style!

It makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time a hear a Flames (or an Oilers fan for that matter) fan say Stortini is "our tough guy" or "our fighter". He is not. He's no different than a Sean Avery/Matt Cooke/Matthew Barnaby type of player.. he just happens to be bigger than they are/were.

MacIntyre is Edmonton's goon. Stortini is a joke, and I have a feeling whoever the new coach is will send him packing ASAP.

It makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time a hear a Flames (or an Oilers fan for that matter) fan say Stortini is "our tough guy" or "our fighter". He is not. He's no different than a Sean Avery/Matt Cooke/Matthew Barnaby type of player.. he just happens to be bigger than they are/were.

MacIntyre is Edmonton's goon. Stortini is a joke, and I have a feeling whoever the new coach is will send him packing ASAP.

My thoughts exactly.

I was kinda hoping that Calgary would pull it out last night as I was enjoying the series. Might not be Oilers hockey, but at least it was playoff hockey, and in Canada.

The Vancouver series was too short. I was hoping that the Blues would put up a better fight. I have a feeling that the Canucks are going to kill the Hawks.

The Canadiens were done for before the first puck was dropped.

Oilers vs. Flames aside, at least the Flames made it to the playoffs. The Oilers were coached out of the playoffs a long time ago. Only time will tell if a new coach can get them back in the right direction. We just won't know that until after the playoffs are over.

Anyway, the Flames are now back where they belong. The golf course :-p

Kipper is slow and washed up. Time to move on. Nothing else to blame last nights game on but the same thing that's been hurting this team all year. Sh*tty goaltending. I cant think of even one game all season where kipper stole it.. maybe one vs colorado, but ONE... maybe.

To win in the playoffs you have to have a goalie who can steal a game for you each series that you didnt deserve to win. Chicago certainly did that last night.

Thanks you for 2004 kipper, but you gotta step aside now and let someone else take to the nets, becuase you SUCK now!

Was writing up a big reply saying basically the same thing.. but decided not to post. But I agree Hawg.. time for some of these teams (Edmonton too), to put more stock in their young goalies and let the veterans take a seat for awhile.

Kipper is slow and washed up. Time to move on. Nothing else to blame last nights game on but the same thing that's been hurting this team all year. Sh*tty goaltending. I cant think of even one game all season where kipper stole it.. maybe one vs colorado, but ONE... maybe.

To win in the playoffs you have to have a goalie who can steal a game for you each series that you didnt deserve to win. Chicago certainly did that last night.

Thanks you for 2004 kipper, but you gotta step aside now and let someone else take to the nets, becuase you SUCK now!

Can`t blame Kipper for our dismal PP....

Calgary is a very average team from the Center line all the way back- right back to the GM`s office....

and since you are calling Kipper out what about Iggy.