Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup the hawks were all over the flames, just blew them out, what was the score something like a hundred million to nothing. The only issue was when the flames had them on the ropes they opted to protect the lead instead of increasing it. When your foot is on your opponents throat, don't let them up.

The game was alright, the refs stunk :thumbdown: , kipper was alright, he sure let a soft one in the beginning though, and funny how the blackhawks shot at the same side for like the next 7 shots after that and he saved them all. But how is that not goaltender interference? Was watchin a flames game about a week ago where one of the flames just had the tip of his skate in the crease and they called that goal off so what the :$*%&: :thumbdown: .... They played great in the first though so if they can carry that through for the next game we should be able to wipe out the blackhawks. :devilbob:

Oh yeah OLI Jokinen needs to get a new stick :chainsaw: appears his has a hole in it cause everytime l see the guy with the puck its a turnover absolute garbage but he skates hard though.

GO FLAMES GO

whining with a actual cuase is justified. Different year, same pile of absolute f**kin garbage reffing. I bet cammaleri will get a game for his act, while the guy who punched oli in the head wont get mentioned again,,,, ever. And, wtf? TWO of chicago's goals the result of a blatant NON call... the first one our guy gets hauled down on a scoring chance in the hawks end and they come back get the puck in go cycle and score goal #2 to tie it. the second one, in OT... come on. what the hell??? The guy wasnt run into kipper he backed into kipper... I guess what pisses me off is why wasnt keenan out there raising absolute hell?? I didnt see the postgame but if keenan isnt facing a stiff fine for foul language and criticizing the refs... i *WILL* be dissapointed in him.

yeah pretty clearly should have been interference on the OT goal BUT the flames should not have let the game get into OT. what are they doing protecting a 2-1 lead with 15mins to go?!?!? a trapping team maybe but that is not the flames' game. that was a big mistake....keenan.

a decent effort by the flames but they cannot and won't win unless the PP starts scoring....esp in the playoffs when goals are particularly hard to come by. and they have to be even more physical than we were last night as that's an area of the game where they have the advantage. how about some net crashing? kipper was tripped behind his own goal and there was no response by the flames. quid pro quo!!!

hopefully the PP will finally come to life in the next game....

yeah pretty clearly should have been interference on the OT goal BUT the flames should not have let the game get into OT. what are they doing protecting a 2-1 lead with 15mins to go?!?!? a trapping team maybe but that is not the flames' game. that was a big mistake....keenan.

a decent effort by the flames but they cannot and won't win unless the PP starts scoring....esp in the playoffs when goals are particularly hard to come by. and they have to be even more physical than we were last night as that's an area of the game where they have the advantage. how about some net crashing? kipper was tripped behind his own goal and there was no response by the flames. quid pro quo!!!

hopefully the PP will finally come to life in the next game....

every time the flames respond they get sent to the box while the other team does as it pleases. Been a trend all year, why should it change now? Maybe the guys are scared to hit becuase when they do they get f****d by the refs?

every time the flames respond they get sent to the box while the other team does as it pleases. Been a trend all year, why should it change now? Maybe the guys are scared to hit becuase when they do they get f****d by the refs?

i know it sounds like whining but i tend to agree with you on the reffing. we seem to get a lot of calls against us.....but earlier we were winning in spite of that so it was ok (not really ok but you know what i mean). however, you can't let that get into your head or you may as well not be on the ice. gotta play your game and let the chips fall where they may....at least the PK is working....

i think sometimes you may need to take a penalty to send a message. in the last game against vancouver i believed we needed to hit/bump/bother luongo and if resulted in a penalty rely on the PK. and now the same with 'bulin....get in his face and head if you can. look at the way byflglein tripped kipper and ladd's interference. that stuff adds up over a 7 game (hopefully) series. and i wouldn't mind if say vandemeer or nystrom (not roy save him for a real fight if necessary) were to hang a lickin' on the next hawk that gives kipper any guff at all even if it means and instigator minor....twice if necessary. let 'em know that we won't take it and you will be challenged and hopefully punished for bothering kipper.

we've got a physical advantage over the 'hawks and we need to use it especially in the 'hawks end - pound the defence at every opportunity on the forecheck.....we won't win this series otherwise....and at least if we lose we lose playing the game that got us this far. there's a reason that don cherry likes the flames they play old time physical hockey.

go flames go!!!

i know it sounds like whining but i tend to agree with you on the reffing. we seem to get a lot of calls against us.....

Hahahahahahahahaha!!..............Nope, just sounds like Calgary!!..............:)

I tend to watch with a very objective eye. On both sides. I am pretty vocal about calgary getting screwed every game... I dont have to go haul in the season stats of the flames getting less PP than the other team does about 80% of games now do I? It's not coincedence. Some one or something has the refs against this team.

Having said that... our PP sucks, and cammi should be gone for a game. Now that's not whining, it's the facts. If cammi doesnt get a suspension, I guess all is about even (kipper being run over and all)... if cammi's gone and the hawks get to roam free and crash into kipper while scoring game winning OT goals... then it's the usual flames postseason. See ya next year. No sense in even watching game two.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!..............Nope, just sounds like Calgary!!..............:)

concrete examples.

the goal called back against us a few games ago when glencrosses skate was barely touching the crease....he was a foot away from the goaltender. (not to mention the phantom high stick goal calle off 30 seconds later).

ladd makes no effort to avoid kipper and it's a non-call.

byflglien trips kipper behind the net with the ref in the corner watching the play. no penalty.

jokinen punched in the face while the ref is watching. no penalty.

just saying.....

still no excuse for not winning the last game though....it wasn't because of officiating they lost.

and cammilleri didn't deserve a suspension for the tap he gave havlat....it barely warranted a penalty in the first place and highsticking is the call? yeah another good call.......

Hah... no I said if the reffing is going to be the same there's no sense. I dont care how good a team is, when they get screwed by the refs each and every game it gets mentally tough... there plain worn out and scared from it and that's how there playing. will I be watching tonight? Of course I will...

A truly great championship team HAS to battle through reffing to win. Need to see that from the flames.

First period - flames dominate - score 2 to 0 - reffing is fair

end of first - flames get a b.s call against them. If that's interference then all players on both sides should be in the box, all game. Just a total garbage call, the same as all the calls when the flames do start owning a game, that are made, to get the other team back into the game.

Second period - flames again chicken to do anything becuase of a bad call - hawks SCORE on that power play they got from the BS call at end of first - flames afraid to hit or make contact in 2nd - score 3-2 hawks after two.

For those that say it has nothing to do with bad calls and shitty reffing.... Puuuhleeease...

Congrats refs... errr I mean hawks. Great work so far. and come on flames, battle through this in the third.

If you want to beat Calgary alls you have to do is give them the early lead. After been a flames fan forever, there so predictable I dont even know why i watch them any more. At about 40 seconds left in the second I said to my wife watch Calgary will let them take the lead and sure as *hit not 15 seconds later

If you want to beat Calgary alls you have to do is give them the early lead. After been a flames fan forever, there so predictable I dont even know why i watch them any more. At about 40 seconds left in the second I said to my wife watch Calgary will let them take the lead and sure as *hit not 15 seconds later

Close games - but I haven't enjoyed watching any Flames game this year that was close. I won't go off on our friend again, but when the Flames are up - you just know that the puck will go in. Our players know it, so does the other team, and so do the announcers.

The worst part is that this is the best the Flames will be for 5 years. Any other GM would be castrated publically for what he did to this team at the deadline. How many teams couldn't even ice a full squad in the last few games of a critical playoff race? A number of people commented on here that deadline trades seldom pay off for the buyer - Sutter's moves at the dealine and his (and most of Calgary's) denial regarding our inneptness in net will ensure that we will struggle to make the playoffs next year.

P.S. - I'm saying this, because normally when I count someone out they go on a tear right after, just to make me look bad!)

can't say i quite agree with hawgstoppah on the officiating last night. overall pretty good. the only thing that really got me was at about 3mins left in the second the puck was centred in front of the hawks net and the flames player was crosschecked from behind before the puck got there....would have been a scoring chance.

but once again you can't blame the loss on the officiating. the flames couldn't score on their many opportunities. a lot of scrambles around the net and rebounds just out reach etc etc. need a couple of bounces to go our way.....for a change.

it was a decent effort but unfortunately not enough finish .... again .... and still not enough physical play in my view.

but give the 'hawks credit. they're playing well....esp their big guns. and damn that 'bulin and his acrobatics. decent games to watch with lots of action.

One thing I find interesting is when hockey is discussed, very rarely do people talk about matchups. I don't know why that is. In basketball, and even football from time to time, how one team matches up with the other is dissected. In hockey, not so much.

So I will try:

Chicago is a TERRIBLE matchup for the Flames, particularly when they are missing a key defenceman. They have no answer for the speed/skill of Chicago's young guns. Their only hope in my limited view of the game is to try to maintain their physical play throughout the game. It has put them in the lead in both games, and in both games when their physical play stopped, the 'hawks came back. I don't think it is an effort thing at all. As anyone who has played any sport can tell you-if you have a sizable lead at any point in a game or a late lead, it is hard not to mentally change focus. You don't do it on purpose, it just happens. Calgary has to fight the temptation to ever sit back against this team. If they don't take the action to Chicago, they have no hope. (and they may not have much even then)

I persoally blame Iron Mike....

Why change up something that is working.

Hard hitting hard press on the net till in the lead then its lay off, geeze we had chicago twice and we just couldn't grind our boot heel into their throats....

I'll cry foul even when the flames win, what a absolute joke from the stripes again tonight. Anyone who actually watches these games and knows anything about hockey in general would be disgusted.

GREAT effort, great intensity by the flames. They won DESPITE the worst reffing I've seen since '04