Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

Taken from today's game report about Halak last night..."He was very, very solid in net for them and probably was a difference maker," Flames coach Mike Keenan said...

Kipper is supposed to be an elite goalie..elite goalies are supposed to be the difference makers...Ever notice when he gets scored on he looks around to try and blame the goal on someone else?? He never did that when he was 1st brought into Calgary. Just watching his mannerism on the ice he looks complacent in my eyes..he's slow to get on his feet after a shot, leans on net, etc... Letting a goalie, or any player for that matter, play consistently when they play bad sends the wrong message to them. They should have to work and produce to be put in every game, shouldn't be presumed they will continue to get ice time. Leads them to think that it doesn't matter if they don't perform...as there's always next game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from today's game report about Halak last night..."He was very, very solid in net for them and probably was a difference maker," Flames coach Mike Keenan said...

Kipper is supposed to be an elite goalie..elite goalies are supposed to be the difference makers...Ever notice when he gets scored on he looks around to try and blame the goal on someone else?? He never did that when he was 1st brought into Calgary. Just watching his mannerism on the ice he looks complacent in my eyes..he's slow to get on his feet after a shot, leans on net, etc... Letting a goalie, or any player for that matter, play consistently when they play bad sends the wrong message to them. They should have to work and produce to be put in every game, shouldn't be presumed they will continue to get ice time. Leads them to think that it doesn't matter if they don't perform...as there's always next game.

I think Kipper did make a difference when he first came to the Flames, He had something to prove, and he did & the team became reliant on him to play 110%, 110% of the time. alot to ask for in my opinion. I think the flames will end up with a situation like Montreal had on their hands with Roy. my 0.02

like i said 10 pages or whatever back. DONT GIVE GOLIES BIG OMEY LONGTERM they get comfortable.. curtis has bin playing pretty good tonight.. should keep him in net till he loses IMHO if they make it out wiht a win tonight! even if its a game or two and give him another go later in teh month 4 or so gamese from now typa deal..

I don't think 5th in the conference one point behind 3rd and 4th... and having a game in hand on one of those teams... is "hanging by a thread"... despite the critisism in this thread, let's face it... the flames are playing pretty good as a team and they keep the losing streaks small. There a good team. I think they'll be in the playoffs and THATS when Kipper needs to be good. I think they need to play Curtis a lot more this regular season though.... look at Anderson for florida last night 41 saves in a 2-0 win over the Oil... that's a backup goalie playing his aZZ off for a spot (or a cheque) just like kipper did when he had solmething to prove. Put the backup in a LOT more... maybe Kipper will get pissed off too and I'd like to see himj angry and focused again... becuase right now he looks like a fat cat laying on the sofa in the sun.... that whole "who gives a rats ass" thing... if you can't see it I sure do..

I don't think 5th in the conference one point behind 3rd and 4th... and having a game in hand on one of those teams... is "hanging by a thread"... despite the critisism in this thread, let's face it... the flames are playing pretty good as a team and they keep the losing streaks small. There a good team. I think they'll be in the playoffs and THATS when Kipper needs to be good. I think they need to play Curtis a lot more this regular season though.... look at Anderson for florida last night 41 saves in a 2-0 win over the Oil... that's a backup goalie playing his aZZ off for a spot (or a cheque) just like kipper did when he had solmething to prove. Put the backup in a LOT more... maybe Kipper will get pissed off too and I'd like to see himj angry and focused again... becuase right now he looks like a fat cat laying on the sofa in the sun.... that whole "who gives a rats ass" thing... if you can't see it I sure do..

I agree. They play Kipper WAY too much. In my opinion one of the reasons the fLAMES fail to make it past the first round is the fact that Kipper just played in 78 games during the regular season, with the last month playing for thier lives to stay in the playoffs, and he was just plain tired. Rest him more, give 20 or more starts to McElhenny. He played awesome the other day against Detroit. HE should be starting tonight, not Kipper.

My two cents.

freakin 3 in a row now..... our special teams have sucked latley...... kip played alright that shorthanded goal was BS on our teams behalf... freakin sucked major! iggy has bin slippin too! i like the iggy cammi lombardi line but it seems out best line or forwards atleast have ibn bourque, moss and glencross..... was a close gmae but shiett we shoulda stomped them mofo's

Hey Hawg

Mt thread comment was not what you think it is. It was a reference to maxwell's "get your own thread" and it was a joke. I am sure he was joking and so was I. Some don't or can't take jokes.

When a team allows more than they score it can't be placed on just the tender!!!!! And this is not a joke.

Having # 33 signed for 7-8 million for the next 5-6 might be a good joke!!!!

well it was a good game none the less! shitty we had too give minni a point but what can ya do! goo too see bert get back on teh score sheet, think the goalie was more worrief for his life as he came crashing into the net than stopping teh puck

I thought they played really well and enjoyed the game. What a play by Langkow. I liked the goal better on the radio, because Peter called as Dion scoring it instead of Bert. Don't care how many he scores I will never be a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my son were at last night's game. Calgary looked slow in the first and half of the second but once they started to play the way they can play, they completely dominated the game. 6 goals on a night where Iggy does nothing... this is why I really like our team this year. I can't blame kipper for the goals he was actually very good tonight. the two softies that got by he never even saw them... total screen shots... the one that did get by them I give heatley full marks for it was a lazer. Aucion's goal on the delayed penalty was amazing, the whole place was rocking! :clapping: