Cutthroat Trout Flies

More serious answer:

1. Stimulator

2. EHC.

3. Parachute Adams

4. Ant

5. Hopper

6. Royal Wulff

7. Some chernobyl-foamy ant beetle variation.

8. Green drake.

9. Midge - GG

10. Streamer; something classic like Bow river bugger or gaudy like a yellow cutthroat candy.

11. Straight from Barry's Trout Highway; Bitch Creek Nymph

Smitty

• Like 2

Smitty,

Certainly the CFF I fish a lot. It got it's name after the same fly landing 115 cuts. It would have even caught more but was stolen by a cut.and not returned. Just 'cause I use it doesn't reflect the choices of others which prompted the question.

Got the nymphs done and off to the dries this afternoon. Cool in the basement.

Catch ya'

Don

2 of yas said indicators, haha, I 3rd that notion.... Sometimes Indies are the only thing they seem to hit hahaha. I remember one time casting to some real fussy Grayling, was probably 2hrs into fishing almost everything in my Box, and then a Grayling came up and hit the tip of my fly line, Then I was really lost on what to throw out there, never did get a Grayling that day... :mellow:

Cheers... Jeff..

People use NYMPHS for Cutts???????....don't that make you feel dirty. They were designed to be fooled on top.

Just kidding....well maybe

Well said!

I mainly use stimmies because I love tying them, but I caught cutts on many other dry patterns as well (in fact, I think any dry pattern would work)

Monger,

I hearty agree. Cutthroat were designed for FFing. They were both eager and stupid + they live in some of the pretty places. Things have changed, cuts now are not quite so gullible and nymphs are occasionally required. As far as pretty places. See the quad trails.

Don

Now all you purists. The Turk's T, cutthroat candy or Club Sandwichs can hardly be called dainty dry flies but catch cuts they do. Mind you occasionally I resort to size 20 H&L variant or a Commander Whitehead.

Regards,

Don

I feel like such a purist after watching my bobber disappear so many times last night from my tube. Maybe if I used a cane rod and a bobber I could feel more like I was fly fishing. Catching fish is still fun no matter how you do it

• Like 4