Fly Fusion Forums

Jet Boats On Bow

Jet boats are not allowed above the Deerfoot extender bridge... Although, I could be wrong.

That is right, no motorized boats above deerfoot extensition. It could be confusing for some as there is a sign @ 194th saying no motorized boats above this point and there is no signage whatsoever at the deefoot extension bridge?? I think if this is going to be inforced there should be signs stating river city limits.

I've always been curious as to what 4 wt reel people recommend for using while fishing from a jet boat.

I hear that the Amundson TXS G2 3/4 is epic and should be used on the new BVK by TFO.

Speaking of the TFO, has anyone tried the new BVK? What's TFO's warranty like? Is it as good as Sage/Orvis/GLoomis?

Another thread.

Back in the day it was fun launching in the city and jetting up through downtown all the way up too bearspaw.Of course there was only a handful of people who did it back then.Used to bang the bank just below the shaganappi golf course in the evenings just up stream from the crowchild bridge.

As far as reels for a 4wt go.Hardy LRH,anything else would just be extra weight.

i was told by the calgary firemans boat that there are no motors all the way down to policeman flats.they said the city limits were extended. this also included electric motors.they pulled me over between 22x and policemans just to tell me that.i had an electic on at the time.

I hear that the Amundson TXS G2 3/4 is epic and should be used on the new BVK by TFO.

Speaking of the TFO, has anyone tried the new BVK? What's TFO's warranty like? Is it as good as Sage/Orvis/GLoomis?

TFO has a lifetime warranty and IMHO it is better than the others since you can exchange it over the counter in Calgary and be fishing the same day. As far as I know, the others have to be mailed.

Andrew

Boston 4 - Vancouver Zero,

What was thread about again?Oh ya too many drift boats on the Bow ,i say they should have a draw system and only allow so many per day.This would keep the traffic down and more room for the jets.

I love it when the spray from the jet boat, hits me in the face and cools me down on a hot day. I love the noise on a quiet morning,the high waves that mud up the river, and I love to watch all the wildlife run down to the bank to watch the boats go by.

If Winnipeg's new NHL team is to resurrect the name Winnipeg Jets, perhaps the Calgary Flamers should be renamed the Calgary Jet-Boaters... :blush:

:wave_smile: Who needs peace and quiet in the great outdoors anyway? Enough of all this John Denver inspired sappy rocky mountain high nonsense. Lets get those mercruiser impellers churning up the water! Yeehah! Boom boxes blaring, beer swilling redneck hijinks! Rock it dude! Pamela Anderson topless sitting on the bow of the boat, cruising right over the weir... yeehah! Pass the Budwieser dude...

Yawn... hmm... just woke up from a bad dream... wtf am I doing on the internet? Must have dozed off... :caffeetime:

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

what about fishing from a jet ski? any one ever popped ones of those out on the river? I would love to get a used 3 person Yamaha and blast from spot to spot.

what about fishing from a jet ski? any one ever popped ones of those out on the river? I would love to get a used 3 person Yamaha and blast from spot to spot.

I saw that once a few years ago. I have also been checked by a CO on a jet ski. The gun on the wet suit gave him away, Ha Ha