Fly Fusion Forums

Official 2010 Stream Watch Auction Items!

reevesr1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010 Active Streamwatch Auction Items

********************************************************************************

7. "I LIKE CAKE" by moderator, general troublemaker, and now chef BigBowTrout

More info from Chris:

"I would like to offer a BIGBOWTROUT CAKE SPECIAL. I will bake a cake of the winning bidders choice (I don't bake but how hard can it be). I will hand deliver the cake to almost anywhere in Alberta within reason and as long as there is good fishing close by"

Now I guess we need someone to donate a pie to settle the debate once and for all!

Current Bid:$35 Teck

********************************************************************************

9. "WHO WANTS CAKE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE PIE" brought to you byUberfly

Oh, it's on now! The debate can finally be settled.

More info from Peter:

"I'll bake the pie (but can't guarantee I will be available to deliver - but we'll figure that out later)... Also, I will only bake one based on what seasonal fruit is available at that particular point in time (i.e. may not have a choice on what kind of pie - I will guarantee that it will be freshly baked and 100% homemade - including crust)"

From Rickr:If Pete can't deliver the pie, I can anywhere from Edmonton to Southern Alberta as long as the winner is willing to work with me on dates. And fishing locations.

Current Bid:$40.00 brunsie

37. BRONSON AUTOMATIC REEL AND TED WILLIAMS ROD donated by dryfly

More from dryfly:

"This set is probably from the early 60s. The rod is classed with the old system and "In the early 1960’s the American Fishing Tackle Manufacturer’s Associations (AFTMA) created the system presently in use." The rod is in mint condition. It is a Triple-Crown "Ted Williams" signature rod, model 80-2 and it is ~8 foot long. It is classed as an HDH-HCF which should make it a 6-7 weight.

The automatic reels works well. The line is obviously old. While photographing, I found a flaw on the reel foot. It was obviously damaged and repaired. (See image in slide show.) It seems to have no affect on the functioning and the repair is solid.

I will not mail this item, so we will have to arrange a pickup somewhere."

Here is a slide show of the set.

Current Bid:$50 Taco

Closing Notice: Wed. April 21 at 10 PM

38. SPEY CASTING LESSON donated by toolman

This is a 3 hr Spey Casting lesson on The Bow with toolman, Greg Allard. If you are new to Spey Casting, thinking about getting into it, or have been doing it for awhile and want to improve your skill, this lesson is perfect for you. Don't be surprised if at some point during the lesson you get to practice some fish handling as well.

Current Bid:$200 Iasgair

39. SNOWBOARDING LESSONS donated by Brian M.

More from Brian:

"what I would offer is a 3 hour lesson for two people (adults or kids) with rentals and passes at Nakiska with an trained and certified snowboard instructor who has been teaching at Nakiska for 6 seasons. As this would not be affiliated with TUC at all, please just use my first name and first initial. Thanks.

This is for either a never-ever up to someone that is looking to get better at cruising down black diamond mogul runs in the glades. Any ability!

This is NOT transferable to another resort or to skiing lessons (rather than snowboarding). The lesson will be set on an agreed upon date next December.

From Rick: To give you an idea of the value of this unbelievable offer, the cost of the lift tickets, rental package, and 2, 3hr lessons for two adults would be $750!!

Thank you Brian!!

Current Bid:$150 BigBowTrout

40 ASSORTED FLIES AND FLY BOXES tied and donated by Joe Neidermayer Joe is very active in TU and won the Bow River Chapter's Habitat Award in 2009!

This is actually 3 auctions, but the details are the same for each. Each fly set comes with the box. The winning bidder can either take the box and flies he/she bid on OR for an additional $10 donation, when the winner comes to pick up the flies he can exchange these flies for his favorite style/color. The total number of flies would remain the same. There are a LOT of flies to choose from tied by Joe!

Outside of box:

img00075201004141622.jpg

40a. 6 Letort hoppers with legs ( size 8 and 10 -3 each size- treated with hydrostop), 12 Terranasty (size 10 and 12- 3 green, 3 yellow each size), 7 Borger Polycaddis (size 16- various colors)

img00069201004141618.jpg

Hoppers

Terranasties and Polycaddis

Current Bid:$50 brndawg

40b. 9 “Kelley Gallop” style articulated streamers- various colors (note: 2 hooks per fly)

img00073201004141620.jpg

Closeup of Streamer

Current Bid:$25 Uberfly

40c. 15 Clouser Minnows (size 4 and 6) various colors

img00072201004141619.jpg

Current Bid:$40 Gustupshson

41. CHIRONOMID AND BRASSIE'S tied and donated by fishingfromayak

More from fishingfromayak:

I would like to put up for your auction a total of 3 dozen bead head brassies and chironomids all tied on size 12 and 14 Tiemco 2457 hooks.( 18 brassies and 18 chironomids )I will tie 1/2 with brass beads and 1/2 with tungsten beads.

Here is a testimonial from beedhead:

Hi Rick, Mike ties about 95% of all flies I use for all over AB, still waters, streams/Rivers, he sells his flies world wide with great success. I have been casting them for the last 3 years, andt hey are of top notch quality and creativity. He and I come up with some pretty awesome patterns. The Chironies he is offering work like a hot damn at Bullshead. The brassies are very, very nice as well, I had a great day on the crow, a couple weeks ago on Mike's Brassies...

So, I'll do this in two auctions, one for the brassies and one for the chronnies:

41a. 18 Chironomids:

(Note: chironomids have 4 bombers included so they will not be on 2457hooks but are tiemco 200r hooks)

010sa.jpg

Current Bid:$40 tibore

41b.18 Brassies

011mnt.jpg

Current Bid: $40 Tibore

42. STILLWATER CUTTIE TRIP TO SMITH LAKE with your fishing partner Pipestonflyguy

More from Rob:

Up for Auction: Use of equipment for a day on Smith Lake !

This is intended for a flyangler who has not experienced the pleasure of surface fishing for cutthroat on an alpine lake from a belly boat. It is prohibitted for me to guide in a national park so the bidder must have already decided and planned on visiting Smith Lake this season (with myself, as two friends from the Fly Fish Calgary site). What you are bidding on is the usage of one of my belly boats, waders, flippers, net, life jacket and access to an assortment of proven flies for the day (including my "cuttybuddy" mosquito variant). Be aware there is a 1.2km uphill hike carrying your belly boat / gear on your back so a mild level of fitness is required(Auction includes the use of one of my backpacks suited for the belly boat if needed, I will also provide a 3-5wt rod if your one of those fellas with just a 6wt or higher for your normal fishing on the bow)

We will meet at the trailhead/parking lot on a mutually agreed upon date and remember your bidding on the gear only - my company (if you can tolerate it LOL !!!) is offered without condition, as collegues and friends sharing a common interest in flyfishing and members of the FFC site. (Smith is consistant and fun, but I am certainly open to discussion of other possible lakes with the winner) Please note that the winner is responsible for obtaining the Parks Fishing license (short term option exists) and vehicle Park Pass themselves.

Current bid:$50 McLeod

43. BOW JET BOAT TRIP, PART 2! with host/guide Tungsten

More info from Mike:

"This trip is for up to 3 anglers,winning bidder picks the trip. Runoff or night time full moon float or daytime, anywhere on the Bow that allows a Jet Boat. I am not a guide, just a guy who likes to fish!"

From Rickr: Though any trip would be good, anyone who has not experienced browns nuking big streamers against the bank during runoff or the sound of your hopper being destroyed by a big rainbow in the pitch black would do well to think about this trip!!

Current Bid: :

44. Flies and Flyboxes donated by Icky Fly Works

We will run this as two separate auctions. Both come with the boxes shown and in both cases Icky Fly Works will match the winning bid with an equal donation to Streamwatch, up to $100/auction. Many thanks to Icky Fly Works for this donation!

44a. 28 salmon/steelhead flies and a flybox. Included are 4 each of silver hilton, black stoat tail, silver doctor, blue charm, green butt skunk, black skunk, and garry dog. All are size #6 and tied on Mustad’s.

salmonsteelbottom.jpg

Current Bid:

44b. Proprietor’s reserve flybox filled with 48 flies (24 patterns with 2 each) that are not yet available through our store but are great producers on Alberta streams. Included patterns are micro leeches, Vladi nymphs, tungstuds, pickpockets, Klinkhamer’s and many more.

auctionbfull.jpg

auctionbbottom.jpg

auctionbtop.jpg

Current Bid: