Fly Fusion Forums

Official 2010 Stream Watch Auction Items!

reevesr1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sent rick some details on my donation this year. It will be a "southern river" trip in the SW corner of alberta, with a BBQ steak dinner and a night campout in my backyard with fire pit / BS session too. Figured if someone came all the way down here they might want to spend the night as we will likely be out very late on the fishing day. Watch for it soon.

2010 Streamwatch Auction Items

********************************************************************************

6. ELK RIVER FLOAT TRIP with your Host/Guide Don Jensen of Wildlife West Adventures

More info from Don "This is a 1 day float on the Elk River, Fernie BC for summer of 2010 to include lunch, soft drinks, flies and leaders if needed. Not included: license, transportation to Fernie, gratuties. This trip is for two anglers"

Here is a poster describing the trip:

thumbnaill.jpg

And a few pics to further whet the appetite:

Elk Pic 1

Elk Pic 2

Elk Pic 3

Elk Pic 4

A little trip to Cuttie Heaven! Anyone need to say more? Gotta tell everyone, I thought of just buying it myself and not putting it up for auction!

Current Bid:$550 Keith

Closing Notice, Apr 1 at 10 PM.

********************************************************************************

7. "I LIKE CAKE" by moderator, general troublemaker, and now chef BigBowTrout

More info from Chris:

"I would like to offer a BIGBOWTROUT CAKE SPECIAL. I will bake a cake of the winning bidders choice (I don't bake but how hard can it be). I will hand deliver the cake to almost anywhere in Alberta within reason and as long as there is good fishing close by"

Now I guess we need someone to donate a pie to settle the debate once and for all!

Current Bid:$35 Teck

8. RED HAWK WOOD BURNING by artist Evan Lacey (samuraifly)

More info from Evan "This is a wood burning I did of a red tail hawk, burned on a 8 1/2" x 11 bass wood plaque. This one took me about 8 hours "

hawkbig.jpg

Evan is also interested in doing commission work. If interested, please contact him at elacey1980@gmail.com.

Here are a couple of posts on this site showing more of Evan's beautiful work:

Wood Burning Post 1

Wood Burning Post 2

Current Bid:$40.00 BigBowTrout

Closing Notice, April 2 at 10 PM.

9. "WHO WANTS CAKE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE PIE" brought to you byUberfly

Oh, it's on now! The debate can finally be settled.

More info from Peter:

"I'll bake the pie (but can't guarantee I will be available to deliver - but we'll figure that out later)... Also, I will only bake one based on what seasonal fruit is available at that paticular point in time (i.e. may not have a choice on what kind of pie - I will guarantee that it will be freshly baked and 100% homemade - including crust)"

From Rickr:If Pete can't deliver the pie, I can anywhere from Edmonton to Southern Alberta as long as the winner is willing to work with me on dates. And fishing locations.

Current Bid:$40.00 brunsie

10. NEW ZEALAND MADE "BROWN'S and BOW'S LANDING NET" Hand Crafted by Curt Carlson

More info from Curt:

Browns & Bows landing nets are hand crafted by Curt Carlson, (Alberta born) in Russell, New Zealand. Brown and Rainbow are the iconic trout of New Zealand. Everything you hear is true, big, wary to the angler, but fantastic to catch, and the rivers, streams, creeks and scenery are truly wild. Each summer I bring a few nets back to Calgary and am very pleased to offer this to the Stream watch Alberta auction. As we say in NZ, "good on ya".

Each is unique, crafted one at a time, in limited numbers, at my shop. They are made from hardwoods such as Tasmanian Blackwood, Taraire, Matai,Tawa, Fiddleback Red Gum, Rewarewa, Kauri, Macrocarpa and Rimu. (I've secured a small supply of Ancient Kauri; this wood is excavated from far north swampy areas and is carbon dated to be 30,000-40,000 years old.) The handle of the frame has a variety of contrasting wood spots consistent with the trout you catch and release. Each net is "Browns & Bows " engraved to recognize New Zealand as a terrific fly fishing destination

BrownsandBows.jpg

BrownsandBows2.jpg

From Rickr: Thanks to BigBowTrout for talking to Curt about this donation. Seriously, I wish I could bid on this! A gorgeous and unique item for any Fly Fisherman in Alberta to own.

Current Bid:$120 slingshotz

11. "BOW RIVER NYMPHS and FLY BOX" tied and donated byTightline

More info from Sean:

"A dozen and two bonus flies of some of the most productive nymphs of the Bow for the past three years. Flies include personal hand tied variations of: san juan worm, caddis emerger, prince nymph, pheasant tail, copper john and hydropsyche.

Flies come in a waterproof, double sided see through waterproof box with plenty of space for you to continue to fill!"

Value: $45

Current Bid:$75 Pipestoneflyguy

Closing Notice, April 2 at 10 PM.

12. "20 LB of RED KING CRAB LEGS" Donated by Joey's Seafood Restaurants

This is one case of Red King Crab Legs, retail value of $250.00. Thanks to James (simpson) for this donation, and

Joey's Seafood Restaurants (Headoffice)

514 - 42 Ave SE

Calgary

Current Bid:$150.00 Tungsten

13. "24 LB OF SHRIMP" Donated by Joey's Seafood Restaurants

This is one case of Shrimp in 6, 4 lb blocks, 35 shrimp per lb, peeled and ready to go. Retail value of $190.00. Thanks to James (simpson) for this donation, and

Joey's Seafood Restaurants (Headoffice)

514 - 42 Ave SE

Calgary

Current Bid:$100 Taco

14. "OPEN SEASON at BULLSHEAD!" Tied/Donated by Bloom

Wondering what to use on that first trip to Bullshead this year? Well, wonder no more! Throw these out and hang on.....

More from Tim:

An Amundson box containing 3 dozen of my favorite lake flies. The box

contains one dozen of the leech pattern I use, and an assortment of

chironomids (2 dozen) in sizes 10, 12, and a couple size 16 bloodworms.

These flies are the ones I use most often in lakes for Southern Alberta.

Here are some pictures of the flies, and some links to close ups!

p3260142.jpg

p3260136.jpg

p3260139.jpg

Close ups of the leeches can be seen here:

Chromie

Black and Silver

Chronnie

Snowcone

And the Amundson fly box. It\'s the AHB16A Water Proof Fly Box:

Amundson Fly Boxes

Current Bid:$100 Taco

15. "FLY FISHING AT LAKE BONAVISTA" with your guide/host dune

or as I like to call it "CHASING THE BEASTS OF BONAVISTA"!

more from dune:

Day/afternoon/evening access [mutually tbd] to calgary's oldest stocked community lake. rainbows in excess of 5lbs caught annually. host will row boat and provide 'local knowledge'

Current Bid $100 Gustuphson

16. "PARACHUTE ADAMS SHADOW BOX AUTOGRAPHED BY MASTER TYER LEROY HYATT" Donated by TU Edmonton via BRB

streamwatchhyatt.jpg

Thanks to the boys from Edmonton stepping up!!

Current Bid: $50.00 TerryH

17. "FLY FISHING WEST CENTRAL ALBERTA" with Guide Kelsey of Kure Outdoors

This very exciting trip will offer the winner a chance to fish waters rarely seen by anglers! Have a look!! Thanks to Kelsey for offering this up.

Kure Outdoors

Current Bid:

18. "CROWSNEST ADVENTURE" With your host/guide Trailhead

More from Vic:

I will donate a flyfishing excursion that I will call the "Crowsnest Adventure". For up to two anglers, 2 days of fishing, accommodation provided, food to be a group effort, targeting all available species in the area, depending on the physical abilities of who participates. Strenuous hike in for goldens to very easy stillwater floats, and anything in between.

Date to be determined by consensus of all involved.

From Rick: Like my Panorama trip, except with a real fisherman leading the way!!

Current Bid:

19. SOUTHERN ALBERTA WALK AND WADE with your host/guide Hawgstoppah

More from Brian:

Walk and wade on a southern alberta river with Brian for a full day (be prepared for a FULL day). Chances at huge browns, huge rainbows, huge bulls (depending on the location chosen, which will be one of two rivers discussed by the winning bidder and Brian), this is a trip to those streams tucked away in the southwest corner of alberta that you hear rumblings about, but never REALLY hear about. This is meant to be a fun trip and for a good cause, so I will be doing some fishing too... of course the winner will get the very best holes though, as well as instruction if needed, but the main goal will be to have fun, catch a few big fish, and learn a new river that the winner can enjoy for years to come.

Accomodation for one night plus BBQ steak dinner (the night before trip, or the night of the trip if you figure you'll be too tired to drive home) at my house in cardston if the winner so desires and a backyard campout and fire.. and story telling time smile.gif

Trip is for 1 or 2 people

Trip will take place around my work schedule for the summer depending on what job I can find. We should try for a weekday, but it may have to be a saturday or a sunday, but don't worry there are places we can go to get away from any crowd.

From Rick: I'll kick this one off myself, fishing with Brian is a pleasure.....

Current Bid:$250.00 rickr

20. "MAX's BOW WALK & WADE" With your host/guide Max Robinson

More from Max:

"full day, will take out 1 or 2 anglers on the bow and teach yall a ton of stuff!!!! slay a few fish too!!! bring your lunches rods reels lines, i got the flies and any other terminal tackle!!!!!".

From Rick: While this trip is great for anyone of any skill level, I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone just starting out Fly Fishing or fishing the Bow. This is like concentrated classroom time, 'cept you get to catch fish!

Current Bid:

21. "ADC's BEGINNER PIKE TRIP" with Host/Guide ADC

More from Allan:

"I will offer a trip for one person to a pike lake somewhere in Southern Alberta. This would be an excellent trip for someone who hasn't caught pike on a flyrod but would like to give it a try or someone who is fairly new to flyfishing for pike and wants to get more experience. Trip will be a full day and I will supply lunch, a pontoon boat, flies and pike-worthy fly tackle."

From Rick: I wonder if ADC will have a big net??

Current Bid:$100 BigBowTrout

Several items ending tomorrow, get your bids in!

And let me pitch my own Panorama trip:

We can fish whatever suits your fancy. We can do tiny headwaters up to some incredible classified waters. Last year, about 1/2 of our fishing was on familiar water, and 1/2 was pure exploratory. But the trip is yours to call as you will.

Oh, and I have a brandy new topo GPS that may come in WAY handy!

Several items ending tomorrow, get your bids in!

And let me pitch my own Panorama trip:

We can fish whatever suits your fancy. We can do tiny headwaters up to some incredible classified waters. Last year, about 1/2 of our fishing was on familiar water, and 1/2 was pure exploratory. But the trip is yours to call as you will.

Oh, and I have a brandy new topo GPS that may come in WAY handy!

Alright I am enticed..... $275 on #2