Fly Fusion Forums

2010 Fly Fishing Expo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to stay around a bit longer this year.. just when I thought the little guy had enough, I turned around and he was sleeping! Sweet.

Nice to see a bunch of you guys again. And even nicer to meet a few of you for the first time!

Did anyone see that little pontoon from Buck's Bags? Pretty sweet little rig:

http://www.bucksbags.com/cm_item.asp?id=561

I haven't seen one that small before that had twin bladders in each pontoon. Maybe I just haven't looked around enough..

Yeah, those Opti Switch Rods are Badass. Max and Brian were workin there tails off, but $750 was a little to spendy for me as well. Although they were gonna throw in a $550 reel and the switch rod for ~$950.. but i'm still too poor. As long as I have a new rod when September rolls around for steelhead season, I'll be happy.

Great Show!

Drew

I don't suppose anyone happened to find a camera at the show this afternoon?

Yep, this idjit lost his Olympus Stylus 850SW; CRAP-CRAP-CRAPPITY-CRAP!!!!

I'm guessing it fell out of my coat pocket when I laid my coat on a chair just outside the men's room.

Didn't even realize it until a couple hours later.

Hopefully, whoever picked it up will find a way to get it back to me. I'm a little more hopeful 'cuz the place was full of fly fishermen & they are all decent folks. Right?

I will come up with some sort of token of appreciation for it's safe return...

Fingers crossed!

Sorry to here about the camera loss, hopin' it gets returned.

After losing my first rod and reel at policemans flats several years back I bought an engraver and now label everything I own (tools, rods, reels, yes even the camera) This puts the onus on the finder to return the item to the rightful owner. It also makes said item a lot harder to pawn.

If you would like a swift kick to the nuts I will be there on Friday eve and all day Saturday :kicks:

A great big thank you to BigBowTrout!

I was lucky enough to see him at the pancake breakfast & again at the show, and got kicked in the nuts both times! :eek:

Very exciting & super-swift!

Thanks, you big ole sac-smasher; you rock!

Now that I think about it, that second kick may have dislodged my camera from my pocket...

Sorry to here about the camera loss, hopin' it gets returned.

After losing my first rod and reel at policemans flats several years back I bought an engraver and now label everything I own (tools, rods, reels, yes even the camera) This puts the onus on the finder to return the item to the rightful owner. It also makes said item a lot harder to pawn.

Stupid thing is, my name & number are on the case. Unfortunately the case is right here in front of me; I didn't take it, since I just slipped the camera in my pocket. Dumb, I am...

Thanks to those who bought raffle tickets so far to support Stream Watch! It's been great meeting lots more, seeing people I haven't seen in a while, and even getting a couple of "remember me" moments from folks I haven't seen in years.

One more day.

Thanks to those who bought raffle tickets so far to support Stream Watch! It's been great meeting lots more, seeing people I haven't seen in a while, and even getting a couple of "remember me" moments from folks I haven't seen in years.

One more day.

Harry thanks for being the only one working the booth all three days and doing all the leg work on this project.

Folks still one more day to get out and buy more raffle tickets so lets getter done.

Thanks Show Goers, I got to meet a few new people this year, got to cast bunch of new sticks and had an all around good time. Thanks to all that came by the Sage/Redington/Rio booths. If any of you want to cast a Sage, if I have it we can meet up on the Bow for a few swings.

Thank you

Jay

jay

was nice seeing you again also , at least this time we had a chance to chat some instead of on the river , good for you in that sage booth , i thought the show was really good this year , i at last seen allot of new faces to go with the FFC crazy name handles , and was nice seeing old long lost friends , i'm looking more forward now for the spring , were over the hump now , after the show the winters just seems to go faster

I had a great time; came for all three days, and I crammed my brain full of presentations and workshops. Decided to focus on stillwaters (makes sense, from Edmonton and live 2 mins from a trout lake), so I saw a lot of Brian Chan and Phil Rowley. I learned a ton and so I'm chomping at the bit for the lake to become ice free.

Also want to go to the Yukon even more now, and Jim McL's presentation on the Crow Country was entertaining as usual. Was looking to add a rod for lake fishing, but in the end, I didn't bite (especially since I recently found a 4-piece 590 RPL+ on Ebay that I won).

Like the breakfast, it was good putting names to faces, and just meeting people. Stopped at Bass Pro Shops on the way there and back, plus, got t know some of the flyshop staff from the various flyshops in Cowtown, including the new fellas at SouthBow.

Hopefully I can go next year!

Smitty (Mike)

Had such a great time - Thanks for getting me there Headscan - and also for the tip on the way out - I ended up grabbing a bunch of the those nice ostrich feathers. Going to make some killer flies

Thanks Lornce for the advice on a new vice - used it all day yesterday, what a difference it makes. - amongst a few new books, assorted materials I also picked up a Sage rod and reel package for 50% off. Wanted to try and likely buy the hydros but it was so popular didn't get a chance to try it out - will pick one up in spring hopefully

Are the raffle results posted anywhere ?

The Michael T Williams dubbing demystified workshop was awesome I think I finally have the trap loop mastered as a result, we also learned about mixing and blending, both wet and dry methods, plus a whole wack of other dubbing related tips and methods - It was real pleasure meeting a legend like Mr. Williams, he is as equally entertaining, as he is educational. Next year I will be doing two days so I can take more courses.

Nice to finally put faces to names, and see the fellas I have met before again - There were little FFC gangs in every corner of the expo, Only regret was not getting a Fusion subscription because I left my coupon in the truck and it was too friggin windy and cold to go get it LOL - Rob

i had a blast! it was nice too meet a bunch of yall who swung by the whistler flyfishing booth or around the expo! and put faces too names aswell as bumping into old friends i have not seen in a while! i had a blast doing the tying demos aswell!!!!! hope everyone had a good time!!!!!!!!! tighltines!!!!!!

126barnes,

The rod will make the rounds in Edmonton for a while yet.

Also,

Had a good time @ the show. Picked up this and that - chatted with many folks I'd meet over the years, cast some poles and generally had a great time. All in all, a decent use of a Sunday.

catch ya'

Don

just got back to Whistler. Had a great time at the expo this year, it was really nice to see people that I hadn't seen since last year. Now to repack the shop tomorrow, though all that fresh snow on the mountain is tempting a late start at the shop. Thank you to everyone that stopped by our booth and a special thanks to Max for working super hard in the booth. I will be out again in the first week of May for anyone looking for private casting lessons and doing some spey classes with Max and Frankie.

thanks agaihn to everyone thatcame out and stopped by our booth, especially those that took advantage of the Loop package deals we had on sale. In regards to that I have a few combos left so will probably extend this sale till the end of the week. Stay tuned to the sponsor announcements for more details.

thanks again,

Brian