Fly Fusion Forums

2010 Fly Fishing Expo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might make an appearance, always fun to watch the Passion of the Christ auditions... Not many people out there cast worse than I do but I usually see a few at the show that make me appreciative of my ineptitude.

First one to mention Global warming gets a free kick in the balls from bigbowtrout.

Hey I'm still worried about acid rain and bird flu. I think I'll skip global warming and swine flu altogether and go straight to 2012, It's exhausting keeping up with all the population control issues.

I think I might make an appearance, always fun to watch the Passion of the Christ auditions... Not many people out there cast worse than I do but I usually see a few at the show that make me appreciative of my ineptitude.

If you want to feel really good, come by the casting pool when I'm there.

It ain't pretty :whipped::whipped:

Hey all, just uploaded a clip of the radio spot for the show.

Click here for the 2010 audio clip

If anyone is interested in helping out in the Fly Fish Calgary Booth, we could use a couple people Friday and one person on saturday and sunday. Mostly just tying flies in the booth, and talking shop. PM me if you are interested and I'll make sure there is a pass ready for you at the door.

Had to wait until my schedule cleared before I could commit to going.

So when I went to register, 2 of the workshops I want to go to are sold out! Bummer. Really wanted to see Phil Rowley's 2 hr bit on stillwaters.

They should have repeated Phils. Course, that will teach me for waiting till the last minute.

Smitty

If you would like a swift kick to the nuts I will be there on Friday eve and all day Saturday :kicks:

Ok you nut kickers,

Here's a quick update you fisherpeople might like.

We were going to build a custom rod in our booth & give it away free @ end of show.

Probably a few builders kicking around the show so maybe a tad boring, seen one seen em all...

Ok ,my bro who was a very premier builder through the 80's & 90`s came up with a new twist.

How bought we take a very antique* early 1900`s green heart rod & rebuild it then give that away.

I love classic heritage equipment & this is all of that.

So come stuff your ballot in at the SouthBow booth & see if you can win it! This rod is amazing.

Dave

Ok you nut kickers,

Here's a quick update you fisherpeople might like.

We were going to build a custom rod in our booth & give it away free @ end of show.

Probably a few builders kicking around the show so maybe a tad boring, seen one seen em all...

Ok ,my bro who was a very premier builder through the 80's & 90`s came up with a new twist.

How bought we take a very antique* early 1900`s green heart rod & rebuild it then give that away.

I love classic heritage equipment & this is all of that.

So come stuff your ballot in at the SouthBow booth & see if you can win it! This rod is amazing.

Dave

Hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!! great idea and I look forward to seeing this.

really enjoying the show this year, esspecially the warmer weather.

If anyone is interested I am doing a speycasting demo at 11am today.

Lots of good deals at the Whistler Flyfishing booth including 30% off on Loop evotecs and a ridiculous combo price on the sweetest Trout combo at the show (590 aeg rod/evotec 5/7 and loop optistream line)

we screwed up and didnt bring enough flexfit hats so if you are after one this year try and stop by soon as I think we will sell out sometime before the end of today.

Max has promised to bring his photo disc today so our slideshow today will have some local representation to go along with all the shots of Steelhead and Chinook Salmon.

If you are interested in travel be sure to ask for one of our new destination school brochures

I look forward to seeing you guys later today or sometime tomorrow at the show

Brian Niska