Fly Fusion Forums

What Is/are Your Other Hobby(s) ?

100% serious actually. They're out there. Pacres - Anytime. There's a group of us getting together and going out for an afternoon hike/evening campfire on Nov.28. Feel free to send a PM if you're interested.

Sounds cool, unfortunately I'll be at a concert that night and I've been pretty busy lately finishing school. Perhaps in the summer considering I might be moving to Calgary.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very nice pyrographs there....Compliments!

Thanks, Noud. Here's a few more...

p3240082.jpg

p3240075.jpg

p3240073.jpg

p3240080.jpg

p3240074.jpg

p3240083.jpg

sspx0496.jpg

sspx0495.jpg

sspx0494.jpg

And, just for Rickr, an example of my other, other hobby; taking pics of flowers...

p8140047.jpg

BTW, great idea for a thread, Dale; some interesting stuff, so far.

Should be lots more to come...

For me, I like to grow Roses. I have about 30-40 plants in my yard. My wife was disabled in a car accident in 2001 and I went to get her some roses for Mom's Day and thought that if I was going to spend $35 on a bunch, why not buy the plants and grow them. She enjoys having her cut flowers in the house in the summer and the yard looks so beautiful throughout the spring and summer growing season. Her back yard is a "safe haven" from the world with her small swimming pool and the bright colors of the blooms. It's the small things in life that matter to us. What makes my wife happy....makes me happy.

FHD

For me, I like to grow Roses. I have about 30-40 plants in my yard. My wife was disabled in a car accident in 2001 and I went to get her some roses for Mom's Day and thought that if I was going to spend $35 on a bunch, why not buy the plants and grow them. She enjoys having her cut flowers in the house in the summer and the yard looks so beautiful throughout the spring and summer growing season. Her back yard is a "safe haven" from the world with her small swimming pool and the bright colors of the blooms. It's the small things in life that matter to us. What makes my wife happy....makes me happy.

FHD

Well aren't you just sweet as sugar. :)

Hiking and backpacking (especially to remote backcountry lakes), backcounty skiing, cross country skiing, (resort) snow boarding, canoeing, foreign/alternative/independent cinema, international (adventure) travel (just got back from a trip to India, previous destinations include: Australia, NZ, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, England, Turkey, Greece, Colombia, Equador, Mexico).

Nice work! It has "NFB" written all over it!!

Cheers,

P

air cooled volkswagens and animation. I wish the animation was more than a hobby. If it was I couldn't afford to pay a mortgage or buy volkswagen parts.

here's my first animation

rum. i forgot to mention rum.

how could i forget [oh yes, i drink rum, that's why]...

i really enjoy a good amber or dark rum, and have tried about 40 different brands/types.

actually i've discovered as you get to the top or premuim end of any spirit [vodka, gin, burboun] that money doesn't buy you happiness but it certainly buys you a better tasting glass of it.

actually i've discovered as you get to the top or premuim end of any spirit [vodka, gin, burboun] that money doesn't buy you happiness but it certainly buys you a better tasting glass of it.

And a more bearable hangover the next day, I find.

Flyfishing ranks third behind cooking and gardening, and is followed by hiking, cycling, fitness, travelling, cross-country and downhill skiing, birdwatching, music, home renos, coin and stamp collecting, wine appreciation, reading and star gazing. It seems that like many of you, I wouldn't have any trouble finding something to do if I retired. The only hold back seems to be the lack of revenue.

FHD

Good Man you!

here's my first animation

Wow. Very impressive. Is there a website that shows the general process? Is it still done "freehand"?

My "passions" come and go. I try a lot of things but fishing seems to be the only thing thats stuck longer then just a couple of years. Outdoor pursuits too (hiking, canoe, just plain old camping but they always include fishing). I'm trying to learn guitar, so that is my most recent other "passion".

Wow. Very impressive. Is there a website that shows the general process? Is it still done "freehand"?

Thanks for having a look at the animation. It gets me motivated to finish the one I'm currently working on.

Type A was hand drawn. By time I finished there were some reasonable 2D animation programs available. I scanned all the images into a program and digitally coloured them. Also I had a lot found doing the sound affects. I bought a real typewriter to smash to record that sound.

I took a few courses through Quickdraw Animation Society in Calgary. It's a great place to learn animation. I'm sure about websites for the general process. There must be a few out there.