Fly Fusion Forums

What Is/are Your Other Hobby(s) ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Zegrave, really nice "time pieces"!

I have a 1956 Rolex (with original box) and a 2005 Omega Sea Monster (Titanium) in my collection thus far! Dream watch is a original Rolex Prince (I'd settle for one of the new reissues, though)...

Love the Zenith, one of the best chronograph movements ever made!

Cheer

P

Love skiing and snowshoeing ya know typical Lake Louise resident type stuff, hangin with the dog and drinking pops in the hot tub enjoying the scenery...

Also a gear head of sorts, have a very highly modified YJ been continually improving for the last 11 years, also have a 1969 89cc street legal yamaha enduro I am restoring as a putt-around for the missus this winter.

Latest project is a 79 firebird formula (cowl induction) just finished and dropped in a balanced and blue printed 4 bolt main 383 stroker, triple hump high compression RV heads, 2nd stage roller cam, edelbrock high flow RPM series intake, with a spaced 650 cfm edelbrock performer series carb anyway the list goes on and on - converting to tubular front suspension with 2" drop spindles and a one peice 73 glass clip on the front for this spring when the body will be finished, of course it adorns era classics including traction bars, centerlines etc etc already has a spot reserved in out local Canada day parade next summer - environmentally this one is my guilty pleasures, no conservation here, this baby is designed to burn fuel as fast as science and mechanics physically allow (and still be streetable) LOL, call it my personal economic stimulus package for the patch - I figure we are the last generation that will be able to reasonably afford such things so I am going to make the most of it and enjoy some classic gasoline driven power while I still can. Can't wait to dyno it - (I have done a formula estimate of HP but thats kinda like guessing fish length, best kept to myself for now)

My gearhead problem actually helps my fishing, all I have to do is squint at my wife's mitsubishi lancer and mumble "hmmm I've never built a tuner before" and the misses immediatly suggests I spend a the day on the river LOL

I guess the other hobby is for really cold days - I built a home theatre / games room where a few buds and I host weekly "man cave" sessions with the new modern warefare 2 call of duty and EA sports NHL are the favs right now

So...we all know what our main hobby is (or is it your MAIN hobby?) . How about your other hobbies? I find it fascinating to hear what other skillz people have.

I'll start by saying fishing is my secondary hobby. My main hobby is...

Cars...Vintage Volvos in particular. I play with them. Make them go fast. Make them handle. Make them fun to drive.

Here is my current car and how it looked in 2006.

100_2534.jpg

It is currently undergoing a full restoration and should be on the road next spring.

I also helped a buddy build his car...

HPIM0948.JPG

HPIM0991.JPG

HPIM0949.JPG

As you can see...we're just a little crazy...

A partner and I also run a small business where we design and sell aftermarket performance parts for Volvos. A bit of a niche market, to say the least.

Next?

Here's one of my favorite volvos

13839_208629540890_633880890_4412483_3532567_n.jpg