Fly Fusion Forums

Float Tubing - When You Gotta Whiz

I'm just wondering if any of you have a system of relieving yourself out of your float tube instead of going into shore. I hate kicking to shore when the action is hot. Kick over, take off your flippers, take off your vest, undo your waders, pull them down, then repeat the process to get going again. Now I'm not saying I want to just whiz in a lake but do you guys have any tips? There has got to be a better system.

In my float tube I sit too low for front zip waders so I need to go to shore, I recall someone who said they rigged up a kind of hose and just let her rip into the lake. I suppose you could go the astronaut route and do the depends thing. But the neoprenes I wear are pretty tight so I don't think an adult diaper would fit. :eek:

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i run the same set up as Jay and im confident i can take a piss and stay dry but only because of the fishcat keeping my ass 3" above the water.

I'm just wondering if any of you have a system of relieving yourself out of your float tube instead of going into shore. I hate kicking to shore when the action is hot. Kick over, take off your flippers, take off your vest, undo your waders, pull them down, then repeat the process to get going again. Now I'm not saying I want to just whiz in a lake but do you guys have any tips? There has got to be a better system.

Sorry Buddy. When the fishing's hot, I just wait it out. And I still drink coffee!

Good luck

Just roll your waders down, arch your back, pull the little rod up and let 'er fly. We often fish hundreds of yards from shore so the idea of kicking in isn't that great. You will get good at it after a while (decreasing the spillage :mellow: ). This technique was developed by Sundancefisher. You should see the video on Youtube!!

Just roll your waders down, arch your back, pull the little rod up and let 'er fly. We often fish hundreds of yards from shore so the idea of kicking in isn't that great. You will get good at it after a while (decreasing the spillage :mellow: ). This technique was developed by Sundancefisher. You should see the video on Youtube!!

Seen a homeless guy in a wheelchair doing this a month ago when I was walking downtown after work.. perfect arch right into one of those grates at the base of the "sidewalk trees"..

I had mixed feelings about the whole situation.. on the one hand, he most likely is paralyzed from the waist down.. that must suck when you gotta go! On the other hand.. could you not wheel around the side of a building or something instead of going right in the middle of the sidewalk!?