Fly Fusion Forums

Official Oilers 2008/2048 Season Thread

Yeah no kidding looks likes the flames lucked out and won another. That wont last though you can only get lucky so many times.

Ya tipping pucks out of the air and into the net is pretty lucky, but does involve some skill. The flames deserved the win no doubt about it.

I am just curious as to what edmonton fans think of pat quin's comments about ignila and how they feel the nhl delt with it.

From my point of view I think when Quin said in the old days he would of been hit in the head with a stick, and pay dirt with dirt. To me these comments alone deserve the fine he took.

Watching the replay it looks like the edmonton player stepped on the stick nd feel. I belive iggy is not a dirty player, and that pat quin was just soure over the second loss to the flames. What are the edmonton fans thoughts on this?

I am just curious as to what edmonton fans think of pat quin's comments about ignila and how they feel the nhl delt with it.

From my point of view I think when Quin said in the old days he would of been hit in the head with a stick, and pay dirt with dirt. To me these comments alone deserve the fine he took.

Watching the replay it looks like the edmonton player stepped on the stick nd feel. I belive iggy is not a dirty player, and that pat quin was just soure over the second loss to the flames. What are the edmonton fans thoughts on this?

I agree. To bad Souray doesn't know how to skate properly, he would have been fine. Souray Trips and starts falling into the boards and Iginla just happened to be right behind him and BAMM! I love Pat Quinn, but those comments were way outta left field... Smoking someone over the head with a stick is just a little different then having the leading player trip into the boards. I also find it funny that Moreau lost the "Revenge fight" to the Scorer on the flames, good thing he didn't fight Prust or Phaneuf!

Looks like its gonna be a long year OILER fan, Good luck.... you'll need it

I agree. To bad Souray doesn't know how to skate properly, he would have been fine. Souray Trips and starts falling into the boards and Iginla just happened to be right behind him and BAMM! I love Pat Quinn, but those comments were way outta left field... Smoking someone over the head with a stick is just a little different then having the leading player trip into the boards. I also find it funny that Moreau lost the "Revenge fight" to the Scorer on the flames, good thing he didn't fight Prust or Phaneuf!

I think Quinn overall will be good for edmonton, at least better then what was there before, but we thought the samething with kennan in calgary last year and look where he is now.

Quinn's comments about hitting someone over the head with a stick in the old days was way out there, and last time I checked guys that did hit someone in the head with a stick in the last ten years has been shuned by the fans and the league as dirty players and basically their career ended there!

As for quinn saying their is no honor in fighting a guy face to face, well the last time I saw a cheepshot for a cheepshot was the whole brutizie sucker punch and look at how that was veiwed personally and professional.

The thing that has me the most about this is that the head coach is the heart and soul of the team and if this is the way Quinn looks at things then is this gonna rub off the rest of the players in the oilers oganziation? Could this way of thinking be what is hurting edmonton?

.................... good thing he didn't fight Prust or Phaneuf!................

Fight Phaneuf?????????? Gimme a break -- has anyone ever managed to fight Phaneuf? I've seen a lot of guys trying to chase him down, but Phanuef usually finds his way to the bench before anything happens.

On the topic at hand (speaking as an Oilers fan -- in case anyone was wondering), Iginla is a class player, and I saw the whole event with Souray as unintentional. Iginla knows the code, and that's why he was prepared to go with Moreau. He showed further class, by not thumping Moreau after he slipped. Terry

Yawn...

The thing that has me the most about this is that the head coach is the heart and soul of the team and if this is the way Quinn looks at things then is this gonna rub off the rest of the players in the oilers oganziation? Could this way of thinking be what is hurting edmonton?

Four games in and your an expert by the sounds of it.

Hurting Edmonton in what way?

Personally I feel better about their 2-1-1 start than last years 4-0-0 start. They show more solid play and excitement this year.

i think that quinn is going to be good for the team, already it seems he has got penner, gagner and a bunch of our guys going and he is holding people acountable. but on another note i was wondering what fellow oil fans think about schremp being an islander? it wasnt that long ago we were supposed to be exited about him, and the few times he was called up i thought he looked ok. so they let him go and put all that time in his development for nothing?

Four games in and your an expert by the sounds of it.

Hurting Edmonton in what way?

Personally I feel better about their 2-1-1 start than last years 4-0-0 start. They show more solid play and excitement this year.

Actually as a coach myself in minor sports the last 11 years I have alot of knoweldge in this feild.

Lets look at the flames, in 04 sutter took them to the cup he was one of the soul reasons a team that could not make it into a playoffs all of a sudden becomes a cup contentender. When Playfair came in as head coach the team was still daryl's team and the players didn't do as good, then Kenean came in the next year and once again the team did alright.

Now we have Brentt in which is very simliar to daryal in how they veiw hockey and the team is having one of its best starts in years and is looking good ontop of that. Brentt came in stired the pot in a good way and is taking the talent that he has and working them and developing them into a cup contenting TEAM.

If you spent any time coaching in any level you will find that a team always is affected by the Head coach and the things the head coach does. Thus I think quinn making statements as stupid as he did could effect the team, espically with the media coverage and the fine handed out. Do I think Quinn is a bad coach, of course not, do I think his time is up diffently.

Back from Europe last evening.. hopefully now I can finally watch a game!!

And what a game to watch!

Strong, solid effort. Each line contributing, and demolished a team that has been tough against the Oilers for the last four seasons.

Great 60 minute game.

Unlike the brethren to the south....:P

Holy crap Chicago has a good team. I think they'd be a serious Cup Contender this year if they still had Khabby in their net!

Sheesh.. if we still had Roloson.. I think that'd been about a 6/7-3 game! We had no business being that close..

And what a game to watch!

Strong, solid effort. Each line contributing, and demolished a team that has been tough against the Oilers for the last four seasons.

Great 60 minute game.

Unlike the brethren to the south....:P

Yup - now you guys know how much it sucks to come away with only one point against Chicago...oh wait.

Yup - now you guys know how much it sucks to come away with only one point against Chicago...oh wait.

HAHAHA!

That was weak!

Trust me reh, I'd rather get 0 pts from tonight's game than 1pt from that embarrassment the Flames disgraced themselves with...

:)

Smitty

HAHAHA!

That was weak!

Trust me reh, I'd rather get 0 pts from tonight's game than 1pt from that embarrassment the Flames disgraced themselves with...

Smitty

Smitty,

Remeber we have already beat Edmonton twice this year, so if we are a embarsement then what does that make Edmonton?????

Oh and by the way we are still ahead of edmonton in the standings and tied with colorado for first in our division, 4th in the conference while edmonton is sitting in 8th in conference, real embaresment eh.

Bhurt:

Well, if you're going to come back with facts and stats, I can only say, that's...embarrassing.

Still hurts eh? Tough getting over that one, must be.

Alls I'm saying is that its nice once in awhile to be reminded that the "C" on the jersey stands for choke.

Smitty