Fly Fusion Forums

Official Oilers 2008/2048 Season Thread

I'm almost at that same point myself snake. I want to see them win, but winning will keep MacT behind the bench, which isn't what I want. They had one good run to the cup final where they, in my opinion, over acheived, but have under acheived to a larger extent this season.

Carolina fired thier coach with a similar record and reason, the Raptors fired thier coach when they had high expectations and weren't living up to them (not that they have done better with the replacement) so what the hell is wrong with the Oilers management?

I hate the old boys mentality on this hockey team.

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY! A game worth commenting on!

What a great game vs. the Caps tonight! Second best home record in the league and only their third regulation loss at home.

Great game for the Oilers, finally a complete game from the first minute to the last. Great on the Penalty Kill for a change too.

Wow. What a night for Hemsky. Two goals, two assists. Six points in two games since missing 10 to a concussion.

That backhand deke was a thing of beauty and that game winner was a rocket of a shot. Mason didn't stand a chance considering he was screened.

Two HUGE points for the Oil last night. On a nice little run here. Won 10 of 15, 7-3-0 in thier last 10 and 5-1-0 in thier last six.

I'm almost ready to say this team is living up to early expectations now that Cole is playing extremely well with Gagner which has revived both players, each getting 9 points in the ten games that Hemsky was out. Great to see a solid second line again.

GO OIL GO!

Still want to see MacT fired though........lol

Nice little run of games for the Oil heading into the break. It's been kinda quiet from the "I'm a fan, but I like to complain and fire MacTavish" crowd lately. It's a welcome respite :hanson: .

Hemsky for Mayor.

The ideal situation right now would be for Hemsky to fire MacT.

Its good to see them getting it going. Thanks for softening them up for us last night boys, we'll take it from here. :)

Woulda been nice to see you take care of it in regular time..........:( On second thought why would be expect any help from the Flamers??..........

Guest RedWiggler

We were pacing ourselves :ninja: . We played pretty bad last night so for us to play bad and handle business is a good. Its a good thing Hemmer came back or the Jackets would have won that game 3-0.....lol!!!!!

Great game by the Esks tonight OOOOPS sorry that was the Oilers losing 10-2 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Before any other Flames fan thinks of getting mouthy, 2 facts:

1) Stanley Cups: Oilers 5, Flames 1

2) And some history: November 26th, 1996: Oilers 10, Flames 1 at the Saddledome

Just FYI. :)

Blow outs happen; doesn't mean we suck, it means we really sucked for one night. ;)

Smitty

Smitty you need some new stuff. Everytime the Oil lose or get knocked out of the playoffs you all go back to the glory years. Same old same old boring crap. <--poke--<

I know that must really annoy Flames fans, cause, you know, we actually had glory years. ;)

Smitty

Anyways, world didn't end last night for the Oilers, unfortunately for you Flamers.

Oh, and as far as the recent history goes, we've been to the Finals more recently than the Flames. And, with the exception of the Flames going themselves to game 7 (losing, as we did too), how many times have the Flames made it past the 1st round in, say, the last 15 years?

Damn facts!!!!!

Oh, and as far as the recent history goes, we've been to the Finals more recently than the Flames. And, with the exception of the Flames going themselves to game 7 (losing, as we did too),

Everyone knows the flame's won the cup in game 6, and the puck was in the net....unlike the oilers...

You guys need to get over that!! :) It's time to move on........

we'll bring it up everytime the oilers fans bring up that they've won 5 cups, most prior to a lot of our births.....it really doesn't matter what happened in the past..you guys are still 9 points behind us