Fly Fusion Forums

2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

This item has been price adjusted and now features 120 flys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35. FFA FLY SWAP FLY'S... 120 assorted Nymph, Streamer and Dry fly patterns, donated by Rusty.

-Current bidder: $80/SanJuanWorm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our Auction numbers as of today...

-Items Sold/Current bids: $7,085

-Items with Starting bids: $2,125

-Total value of all items: $9,210

I'd like to see this Auction raise $10,000 and we need help to do it. Please send a link too this thread, to everyone on your contact list. Please donate an Item or Service, or bid generously on a item if you can.

Your support is greatly appreciated and the Fishies thank you,

Greg

ps. New items have been added to the Auction list.

A closing notice has been posted on these items.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6a. MISSINTHEBOW'S HALF DAY WALK & WADE...This Bow River walkabout will include two dozen of Brett's top nymph patterns, Fly Box and streamside fishing instructions, describing in detail, how, where and when, to successfully fish these nymphs. Enjoy some time on the water with one of the Bow Rivers finest flyfisherman.

-Current bidder: $300/Pipes "SOLD"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. FISHEAD'S BOW RIVER JET &WADE ...An all inclusive Jetboat trip on the Lower Bow.

More info. from James...

"Client picks the trip...April or May...Any Friday... Lunch, Beer, flies, gear included etc..."I can take two fisherman and will provide a great "gourmet lunch" & all other crap required...Like to start early...Maybe a trip deep into the " reserve" or just get a different look on the spots you already know. Cheers...It is a great cause...."Bring it on"...James..."

-Current bidder: $525/SnaG05 "SOLD"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. GUIDED FISHING ON PRIVATE LAKE (one or two anglers) Your Host/Guide for this adventure will be H20.

-Current bidder: $300/Don Andersen "SOLD"

21. HAWGSTOPPAH'S CROWSNEST STALK & WADE...July-Sept.

A guided day of fishing with the man who knows the secrets of the Crownest River.

-Current bidder: $400/ReelLife & yodatrout "SOLD"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info. about these trips from Brian....

"Just to let folks know, the trips will meet in the Crownsnest Pass (or at the Gap), as I won't be able to pick people up from Calgary, unfortunately. And, it's the same as my old trips used to be when I operated my guiding service. Bring yer own lunch/snacks/beverages and prepare to start early and stay as late as you want... none of this 8 hour stuff... this can start at 7am and end at 11pm if you want. Be prepared to do a bit of hiking, if you want the best spots, but if the winning bidder is not able to walk far, I have some nice spots for that too. I'd like to do this on a Friday, Sat. or Sun., unless I have a gap in work schedule. Winning bidders need to be flexible when arranging the dates of their trip.

I have 2 rods that can be set up for the trip, or bring your own (recommended rod is a 3-5wt with floating line, and if you got an 7-8wt kicking around in case we spot some Bulls, have it lined with fast sink tip)." Brian Peace

Our Auction numbers as of today...

-Items Sold/Current bids: $7,085

-Items with Starting bids: $2,125

-Total value of all items: $9,210

I'd like to see this Auction raise $10,000 and we need help to do it. Please send a link too this thread, to everyone on your contact list. Please donate an Item or Service, or bid generously on a item if you can.

Your support is greatly appreciated and the Fishies thank you,

Greg

ps. New items have been added to the Auction list.

Right on!!..........$10K would be Super Sweet and we have 2 weeks to go...........I'll be doing my best over the next week (in Cuba bonefishing with a bunch of rich guys :P ) to get some bidding going on the guided trip at Tecumseh.......That's a great deal and I'm surprised we haven't had some action yet......

TUC (Kimberly) is back at work and taking credit card payments for auction items........Whether you pay by Visa or send a cheque to me, payments are to be made to Trout Unlimited Canada and PLEASE note the auction item(s) by lot number that the payment is for..............

Greg and adc,

I will "sell" framed and matted 11 by 14-inch prints of any of the following ... buyer's choice of any picture. Will mail express post to anywhere in Alberta. All framed prints will have a small "postcard" on the back describing the picture and location. All of these picture were taken by me. Signed on back ... or not signed. (adc sez they should go for less if signed. :blink::) )

This is like eBay's "Buy it now" ... the bid price is $125 per print ... includes framing and postage. If you want to pay more, that's okay too. (These typically go for $100 to $200 and silent auctions at fundraisers. The Burmis pix recently went for $200 at the local library silent auction.)

Limit is a max of four framed prints...I will donate four only! So first four buyers get a print. Got that?

I will be out of Dodge until March 12 so won't be able to mail until later that week.

Burmis tree and moon..this is a composite picture created in Photoshop. The two originals are my pix tho.

moon.jpg

Mule buck near Cowley

muley2.jpg

Big horn sheep in the Gap

sheep.jpg

Sharptail male doing a courting dance on a lek .. near Duchess, Alberta

sharptail.jpg

Item 40 could you outfit a 7 to 9 year old???? if so I will go $350.00

Yes, The waders come in as small as a size 4(UK) and the Hi-Elastic Waders come in a a size 3 if needed. I think the whole Idea is to make fishing a much more accessable sport for the youth and even the ladies. The junior series of rods are 'I think",the smartest concept going...make an affordabe and accessable fly rod and gear series that performs well,is not cheap and clunky and lasts as it says it will. The fly vests come as a S,M,L in the Junior Size...

You can exchange the waders for the hi-elastic if you need a size 3.

Enjoy and thanks for supporting any protection and enhancement project..

C

Yes, The waders come in as small as a size 4(UK) and the Hi-Elastic Waders come in a a size 3 if needed. I think the whole Idea is to make fishing a much more accessable sport for the youth and even the ladies. The junior series of rods are 'I think",the smartest concept going...make an affordabe and accessable fly rod and gear series that performs well,is not cheap and clunky and lasts as it says it will. The fly vests come as a S,M,L in the Junior Size...

C

Sounds great so put me down for $350 and if I win my 7 year old Daughter will look sharp on the river :D

Thanks for the kind donation to this great cause.

C

Thanks to both of you!!!.....What a great idea!! :P ......Wish someone had been that clever when my kids were growing up.....

New Item...only one print left.

43. FRAMED & MATTED PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTS... donated by Dryfly.

More info. from Clive...

"I will "sell" framed and matted 11 by 14-inch prints of any of the following ... buyer's choice of any picture. Will mail express post to anywhere in Alberta. All framed prints will have a small "postcard" on the back describing the picture and location. All of these picture were taken by me. Signed on back ... or not signed. (adc sez they should go for less if signed. :blink::) )

This is like eBay's "Buy it now" ... the bid price is $125 per print ... includes framing and postage. If you want to pay more, that's okay too. (These typically go for $100 to $200 and silent auctions at fundraisers. The Burmis pix recently went for $200 at the local library silent auction.) Limit is a max of four framed prints...I will donate four only! So first four buyers get a print. Got that? I will be out of Dodge until March 12 so won't be able to mail until later that week."

-Purchase price: $125

a. Toolman-$125/Sharptail

b. yodatrout-$125/Burmis Tree & Moon

c. Tie1on24-$125/Burmis Tree & Moon

d. Silent bid $125

Burmis tree and moon..this is a composite picture created in Photoshop. The two originals are my pix tho.

moon.jpg

Mule buck near Cowley

muley2.jpg

Big horn sheep in the Gap

sheep.jpg

Sharptail male doing a courting dance on a lek .. near Duchess, Alberta

sharptail.jpg

A closing notice has been posted on these items.

25. GLENBOW'S BULL'S & BOW'S ADVENTURE @ K-Lakes... Late May-June.

A guided days fishing with Host/Guide Glen Tinckler, hunting for Trophy Bulls and Rainbows in beautifull Kananaskis Country. Lunch, refreshments, flies included. Transportation too and from K- Lakes is not provided.

-Current bidder: $250/ReelLife "SOLD"

28. RED DEER RIVER DRIFT with Host/Guide Sanky

Search for beautifull Trophy Brown Trout that have made this river so famous.

More info. from Tony...

"I would like to donate a full day float on the Red Deer River, between May 26-30th, to catch the Skwala Stonefly Hatch. I do suggest a mid-week float so that we encounter very little traffic and have the whole river to ourselves. A BBQ lunch will be provided along with water and snacks. Please anticipate a long day on the water, as hatch times may vary and we might only get off the water at dark."

-Current bidder: $350/Rocknbugs "SOLD"

29. OLDMAN RIVER DRY BOX... Four dozen of Dave's favorites, in a large FlyMate fly box.

Compliments of David Blair @ Fish Tales Fly Shop.

-Current bidder: $120/Hawgstoppah "SOLD"

30. SPEY CASTING INSTRUCTION...in Calgary, on May 17 or May 18th.

Enjoy a fun filled day at the Loop Spey school. Learn how to cast/fish two handed rods, from expert casting instructors.

You can bring your own rod if you have one or we'll lend you one to use for the day.

Compliments of Brian Niska @ Whistler Fly Fishing

-Current bidder: $200/Stimmy "SOLD"