Fly Fusion Forums

Licenced Exercise Therapist

monger

Awesome! #2 is on it's way to looking more like a football than a fish, and #3 is just a monster all around . I'm interested in doing some stillwater stuff, and hoping to get out a few times this fall. So, is this typical of what the "expectation" is from folks for QSF waters? I've certainly read lots here about disappointment with how some of those lakes are producing, but your outing seem to argue the point. Of course, I'm making the grand assumption that this was actually at one of those lakes.

Public lake, not catch and release, lots of food available, and proper stocking density.

If you don't put a 100,000 fish in there are lots of bugs for the fish. Catch rates aren't fantastic, but the fish are fun. Experience helps with technique and fly selection.

jgib01...if you want big fish in AB, I would go for a drive to SE Alberta. Beaver lake fish sound like they are getting over 20" as well

Public lake, not catch and release, lots of food available, and proper stocking density.

If you don't put a 100,000 fish in there are lots of bugs for the fish. Catch rates aren't fantastic, but the fish are fun. Experience helps with technique and fly selection.

jgib01...if you want big fish in AB, I would go for a drive to SE Alberta. Beaver lake fish sound like they are getting over 20" as well

I was on a SE lake once this year, probably on one of the hottest, driest weekends of the summer. Not ideal timing on my part, and I mostly just fumbled to try to figure out how to maneuver in my float tube (first time ever) and cast a 14' nymph rig. Was a bit of a gong show! Off to a SW lake this weekend, but lots of rain in the forecast... might eek out some time on the water Sunday and Monday morning.

Water is cooling, fish will soon be in serious hunting mode for a month or so. Then the water starts to get really cool and things taper off again. Lake fishing in August at low altitudes can be a huge struggle. Police is polluted with fish, that would be a great place to do some fishing.

I think June is the best month for lake fishing

No Brent I have never been to Mr. Spock's pond. Sounds like there be whales there though.