Fly Fusion Forums

The Rumours Are True - Calgary To Host Canadian Fly Fishing Nationals!

silkline

If Facebook is official then I'd say the Canadian National Fly Fishing Championships & Conservation Symposium is on its way to Calgary. Saw this posted to Facebook last night!

"Welcome to the official Facebook page for the Canadian National Fly Fishing Championships & Conservation Symposium, which will be held in Calgary, Alberta from September 23-27 in 2013! Lots of news to be released on this exciting event so be sure to give this page a "LIKE" and share with your fly-fishing friends!"

post-4884-0-20836400-1356794824.jpg

www.facebook.com/flyfishingnationals

Great News!!!

Lots of planning going into this one, should be a great event for all involved. We'll be looking for lots of volunteers if anyone is interested, I'm sure there will be more info to come over the next little while..

Colin

What duties do you need volunteers for?

Controllers, Sector Judges, Transportation and other various opportunities

I would assume the Bow is going to be the fishery?

Sectors will be divided up along the Bow, and I believe Chain Lakes will be the stillwater venue.

Again, lots more info to come, and I'm sure that others who are members of the organizing committee as well as members of this board will add as well.

Colin

• Like 1

There is a contingent from the Hook and Hackle spearheading this. There was an effort made to not release too much information because a lot of the details have yet to be decided. The stillwater venue is Chain because there are complicated transportation logistics and cost factors involved. Some other water bodies were considered but they did not meet the necessary criteria.