Fly Fusion Forums

New Waders. G3's Or G4's?

wayne

If you can afford them as they are REALLY expensive I say go for it!! Also they are REALLY warm but bomber and should last you for years!!

On the othe hand, You could probably buy two sets of decent waders for the cost of the G4Z's... If I didnt get a deal on mine I would have went for the G3s or Patagonias.

P

I am in the market and could use some advice from people who have first hand experience with these waders. If G'4's are your answer would you go with the G4Z's?

Wayne

I have the G4Z i love them they are worth every penny i paid. I know there is cheaper ways to get waders by buying 2 pair for the same price of one but the SIMMS quality IMO is unmatched even the simple fact that they put the seams in the right place . The function of the G4Z are great i hardly ever carry a vest or pack any more on the bow i just throw what ill need for the day in the pockets and go. I find Simms are the best fitting wader out there. I've heard opinions that they are hot because of the 5 layer goretex but i just dont find them any hotter than other waders i have had in the past and the fact you can unzip them to air out helps a lot and lowers the need for a wading pant. I have heard opiions that there is no need to wade over your waste but for me i often wade over my waste to cross rivers and kneel in the water in areas over my waste cuz im crazy like that yo.If its in the budget IMO you cant go wrong and will be very happy with the G4Z.

One of which is installed state side. Haven't seen a single G4Z failure yet...

Ya because Koreans don't know how to use a zipper... lol

420 complained about the actual zipper failing, a third party provided product to both wader manufacturers. Geographical location of installation of the zipper has nothing to do with the zipper failing....

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

log and berries are always warm in my waders, It was the RiRi zipper that had failed twice. Never had them part way down or anything like that, but both ended up unzipping under the pull tab.

• 3 weeks later...