Fly Fusion Forums

Quick Video Of Our Bc Trip

I plan on spending some time and making a better video when I get time, but for now I just cut it up on Windows Movie Maker.

I also had problems the last time with Photobucket, so this time I just linked to my Facebook Video link.

The quality isn't too bad, but I hope to put it together and make it less choppy.

Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=5931902340

Well, I guess I have to get a Facebook account as I can't see it otherwise. I bet I'm looking stupid in it somewhere, so I might as well watch.

Kevin,

Sure wish you could have made it!

Thanks Rick but it just wasnt in the cards. At least I got to look forward to it for a couple months!

I had my 8 for the Bull Trout and my 5 for the Cutthroat.

The biggest tippet I had was 13.5 until I bought some 20 lb test and they could even snap that it seemed when they wanted. :angry:

I used Windows Movie Maker and it is very basic. I plan to spend some time this winter using better software to cut up all the video I have accumulated over the years and make some better quality stuff.

My Brother is really good with Adobe Premier and I plan to pick his brain, (and steal a copy of that $1000+ program), and really get serious with more filming.

I'm really not that good as I discover everytime I get home to find out I had crappy angles, wrong settings on the camera, etc., not to mention I always forget to use some of the ideas I had in mind due to the excitement of being on the water.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to get a bunch of footage in the next year and maybe make a "Fly Fish Calgary" member movie to make us all famous around the globe. I might need to have a partner when fishing with Rickr to set up downstream. I can catch the hook set and initial fight and the other person can take over after Rick chases the fish down river. That way we can get good video of the entire fight. ;)

That is unless Troutlover takes the rod out of his hand and just snaps the fish off. That would save a lot of tape.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to get a bunch of footage in the next year and maybe make a "Fly Fish Calgary" member movie to make us all famous around the globe. I might need to have a partner when fishing with Rickr to set up downstream. I can catch the hook set and initial fight and the other person can take over after Rick chases the fish down river. That way we can get good video of the entire fight. ;)

That is unless Troutlover takes the rod out of his hand and just snaps the fish off. That would save a lot of tape.

Brett,

Maybe if you were taller, you could see me over any obstructions (you know, like little rocks, shrubs, stuff like that).

Seriously, I LIKE to chase them, in case you haven't noticed. Actually, I think it is because I have never had to chase a fish in saltwater for obvious reasons (lots of line, no flowing water), so chasing them is very fun for me! But I'm starting to get over it, as it seems to often end in pain!