Fly Fusion Forums

Dave Vs. Darren

Darren or Dave  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner

• Darren
    • Dave

That's unfair! They're both so beautiful....they both appeal to me in many ways and I can't honestly say I prefer one over the other.

So let's see...who do I like better :lol:

Honestly...how do you decide with something like that? Works of art gents....truly beautiful flies.

Guest bigbadbrent

question for ya

Are jungle cocks like mandatory in most of these fully dressed flies? i always see them!

question for ya

Are jungle cocks like mandatory in most of these fully dressed flies? i always see them!

Jungle cock is a standard on most classic full dressed salmon flies if you follow the full pattern. In my view it has always added a bit of style to a pattern. Nowadays however its pretty much anything goes. The price of Jungle cock is high even in low grades so you can always pick out a dedicated tier when they use it in fishing flies. There is now other substitute that is close to the feather.

aww, where did you get the picture of me fishing... :P

Considering that's circa 1920, I'll assume its not you. :rolleyes:

Really tough choice guys. Love the way you rib, sjw. You get the points for technical difficulties, but overall ascetics may have to go to Darren.

-----

ps. Ah shoot. I got the flies (and comments) reversed. The bottom fly gets my vote. Sorry about that, Dave.

Man, if you're a hack tyer, then I can't wait till I am one too. Seriously though, it's impossible to pick a winner in this battle royale, because there are no flaws in either fly and it's just a matter of personal taste. Next battle, don't tell anyone who tied what fly, just post the two flies without saying who tied which. Also, choose the same background so that the presentations are the same. Then, it will be easy to declare a winner...both of you.