Fly Fusion Forums

Who Likes Beer?

Hello,

Since Fly fishing and beer go hand in hand I thought I would introduce myself and our new exciting store in Calgary. My name is Kyle and I am the retail manager at ZYN.CA. We are located in Inglewood beside the old Molson Brewery. Zyn is a massive retail shop and also online purchasing site. We have OVER 600 BEERS from 35 different countries to choose from.

We also host many great beer tastings! Check out our web site for up coming events www.zyn.ca.

Tonight we are hosting Dieu de Ciel from Quebec, This old school Micro-brewery is one if not the top rated in Canada. Tasting starts at 7:30 and tickets are $25.00, but for I will do them half price $12.50 for any member. You can contact me for tickets at 403-543-8900 or kyle@zyn.ca.

COME CHECK US OUT 1543 17th ave S.E.

Well Kyle...not a beer lover but I do love my wine. And Zyn also has an AMAZING selection of wine at great prices. I've met Kyle (Kyle...I'm the blonde that was looking for the Frog's Leap Cab that runs the wine meetup group) and I can tell you that these guys run an A-1 establishment - and I've been to every single one in Calgary to compare. It's worth a couple of hours of your time to explore if you haven't already.

I think I might have to try some of them beers one day ;)

As long as you dont try to sell the wild rose brewery crap, they should just pack there crap up already.

I love Wild Rose Brewery, and a friend of mine is their Brewmaster. You don't like ANY of their beers? I find that surprising!

For my wedding gift i got 2 boxes of there beer. several of them are still in my fridge almost 3 years later. I am unable to give it away, we do the big new years party every year and i cant get my drunk friends to drink it several of them from bassano that drink whatever is cheapest at the liquor store..

I love Wild Rose Brewery, and a friend of mine is their Brewmaster. You don't like ANY of their beers? I find that surprising!

I've picked up there sampler pack a few times and definitely enjoyed it. I wana try there Wred wheat ale still.

Staying on topic, I never knew this place existed but will be checking it out soon i hope

im not a big fan of the run of the mill beer. i will however go out of my way to try interesting and different beers from around the world

if you wouldnt mind (if the mods let you) put your tasting notices up a little sooner, that would be great because i would really like to come and try one out. sadly i dont get to read the forum until i get home

Hello,

Since Fly fishing and beer go hand in hand I thought I would introduce myself and our new exciting store in Calgary. My name is Kyle and I am the retail manager at ZYN.CA. We are located in Inglewood beside the old Molson Brewery. Zyn is a massive retail shop and also online purchasing site. We have OVER 600 BEERS from 35 different countries to choose from.

We also host many great beer tastings! Check out our web site for up coming events www.zyn.ca.

Tonight we are hosting Dieu de Ciel from Quebec, This old school Micro-brewery is one if not the top rated in Canada. Tasting starts at 7:30 and tickets are $25.00, but for I will do them half price $12.50 for any member. You can contact me for tickets at 403-543-8900 or kyle@zyn.ca.

Are you familiar with "Nelson Brewing Company"....They make some damn good organic brews...A good friend of mine used to have part ownership, and is still involved with "NBC" as a hobby....Kinda hard to find here In Alberta....Do you guys happen to carry it???...If so, I might be interested as to get some shipped here to Medicine Hat....Link below...

http://nelsonbrewing.com/

Cheers...Jeff..

Are you familiar with "Nelson Brewing Company"....They make some damn good organic brews...A good friend of mine used to have part ownership, and is still involved with "NBC" as a hobby....Kinda hard to find here In Alberta....Do you guys happen to carry it???...If so, I might be interested as to get some shipped here to Medicine Hat....Link below...

http://nelsonbrewing.com/

Cheers...Jeff..

I had a case of Blackheart that I bought in Dawson Creek a couple weeks ago. It was a pretty decent Oatmeal Stout actually.

I try all beer and enjoy most. I always revert back to my favorite.........................Alexander Keith's..............................must be the Maritimer in me. Bloom can attest to my love of Vitamin K!!!! Actually, will enjoy a few tonight watching the Habs as there is a good chance it is their last game!!!!!!!!

Will try to get down for a taste some other time. Thanks for the offer.

Thanks God I exercise as I do like beer!!!!!

Guest Sundancefisher
Hello,

I have honestly never tried a beer I like. I guess my problem stems from a lack of binge drinking in University that should of killed off those taste buds...

I just don't get the beer fixation. You can't drink it when tubing as you will be spending more time eliminating the beer than you do fishing...