Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing League

Mike,

As for flies go are you restricted to what type of fly? Dry, Streamer, Nymph????? I think if it is a one fly deal you'll see more people using streamers and wet's and swingging them then Nymphs or dries.

For weight, could we use lead wrapped flies (as long as they are underneither the dressing of the fly, kind of like I understand they allow in BC, don't know cause never fished there)

As can you use diffrent tips (Fast sink, Intermideate Sink or Slow Sink) or are we restricted to just floating lines?

What time would this league take place during the week day (most of us do work during the day)

I know these are things that will most likely be looked at in the future, but they are things we should start thinking about.

Also just another suggestion.

I know this is a friendly thing but I have seen some strange *hit come out of friendly competition and what I suggest is that we should have a pannel of a group of people to make final desision that are not part of the league, these people would come up with final desisions on arguments or disagrements.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it as simple as possible. This is meant to be friendly and if people can't work out any differences (and really, what differences could there be) between themselves, then neither gets a point. If we need a arbitration committee then we are saying it isn't really a friendly "competition". There would be no point.

I tend to agree with Rick, it should be up to the two people to work out any differences. I also think the two people should decide on the method of fishing they seem to like or see fit. If they want to use an indicator and three flies and the other person agrees than giver. There are many people on this board that would kick my ass even if I used dynamite so to me it's more about learning from other people than the competition, and from the beginning it seems like this idea is about fun instead of real competition (which sometimes brings out the worst in people).

Just my thoughts.

I tend to agree with Rick, it should be up to the two people to work out any differences. I also think the two people should decide on the method of fishing they seem to like or see fit. If they want to use an indicator and three flies and the other person agrees than giver. There are many people on this board that would kick my ass even if I used dynamite so to me it's more about learning from other people than the competition, and from the beginning it seems like this idea is about fun instead of real competition (which sometimes brings out the worst in people).

Just my thoughts.

I agree 100%

Pretty much how I feel about it too. I'm in it to learn, more than anything.

one fish = one point. what is there to argue about? your partner is there to verify that you actually caught the fish. and if you dont like fishing "together" fish aways apart so you dont have to talk... just see the fish. most of us know of the others here anyway. learn, fish, enjoy

The whole idea is to have FUN,meet people and learn a little.Keep the rules as simple as possible so we don't have any problems.

I thought the no indi and one fly would make it challenging.But after some thought there might be allot of skunks and that is no fun.So as long as its legal your good to go.No reason for arguments then either.

As far as when goes,I guess we could notify everyone by Monday of there matches then they have 6 days to complete there match.Not everyone can fish the same time i guess so this would help.People could PM each other and work out a time.

I would think 3 hours would be a good amount of time,gives time to walk and look around.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to start any problems I am just looking at this from every possable angle and trying to think of anything that could come up, you know playing the role of Devil's Advocate. For me I could really care less if I caught anything or not, I just don't want to see this go to shits because of a few bad apple's (Once again not saying there is any right now, but you can never know!)

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to start any problems I am just looking at this from every possable angle and trying to think of anything that could come up, you know playing the role of Devil's Advocate. For me I could really care less if I caught anything or not, I just don't want to see this go to shits because of a few bad apple's (Once again not saying there is any right now, but you can never know!)

You are correct. If there is any kind of prize, trophy, etc.. I think some would use a worm or marshmallow to ensure victory. It's not like fishermen to lie or anything.

could we have a wed night group and a thurs night group or whatever, there might be better participation if there is two nights i can't make it on wed nights i would be willing to organize the second night. Also is there a time limit it was probably mentioned i just missed it.

eDIT: also this could be an opportunity to get some good pictures as we will be fishing with a partner and it is nice to see good pictures on the site.

I'd love to join, but by the nature of my current geographical locale, I am by definition excluded, cause there ain't no way I am making that commute.

But I'd love to come as an observer, keep everyone honest, and throw rocks in Taco or Bhurt's pools. :) j/k

And I think Maxwell should be blindfolded and forced to use his bad arm for casting (if he has one).

Smitty

I'd love to join, but by the nature of my current geographical locale, I am by definition excluded, cause there ain't no way I am making that commute.

But I'd love to come as an observer, keep everyone honest, and throw rocks in Taco or Bhurt's pools. :) j/k

And I think Maxwell should be blindfolded and forced to use his bad arm for casting (if he has one).

Smitty

"throw rocks in Taco or Bhurt's pools."

Is this is euphemism for something dirty???

Perv!!!

"throw rocks in Taco or Bhurt's pools."

Is this is euphemism for something dirty???

Perv!!!

BobLaw:

Just sad. Clearly the dirty part was Maxwell being blindfolded and forced to use his bad arm for "casting".

How the hell did you miss that????

;)

Smitty

Guest Sundancefisher
Rick you could make Jared put his huge perch trophy up for grabs for the Wed night fish war. I'll bring the "beeping" dog to swim around in his pool to ensure your victory.

So catching perch counts in this competition?