Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing League

I thought this would be a neat idea also a way for members to meet.

Something easy,free to enter.One night a week say 7-10pm.May-Sept.

Keeping it simple like one point per trout and in the interest of the fish if you touch the leader it would be considered landed and one point.

No measurements or photos needed.

If we could get 10 people to join we would have it so that you fished with every body once.So 10 weeks

So lets say Bob and Tim are matched up, they would no 1 week in advance so they could PM each other and agree to a spot.Anywhere on the Bow.

To keep it challenging and fare we could make it one fly only,no indicators and max rod length of 10' and walk and wade only.

Winner gets bragging rights and maybe a can of beans as a trophy.

Thoughts?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd join. But I'd have to cheat and use an indicator. Don't think I could catch a fish otherwise.

Edit:

Oh, I forgot I went Brent and Caitlin's presentation of a year on the Bow, and by osmosis am now an awesome dry fly fisherman, so I'm in.

OK,so theres enough interest.

What day of the week?I think Wed would be good.

Say start first week of May so if we can get 20 thats 5 months worth.May till end of Sept.If we get more then 20 then we would draw names,you would only fish against 20 then,20 weeks.

So far,

-Tungsten

-Jayvee

-Drew

-lethfisher

-Teck

-rickr

-annapolis

-Rufus 28

-trout slayer

-Bhurt

So thats 11 give or take so 9 more would be good.

Brian if you want to donate a trophy that would be cool.

As far as money goes lets keep it simple so free it is.If people want to donate then feel free.

I still like the no Indy rule as most of us use them all the time so a change is good.Would make us all better fishers.

So no teams,just you against the other guy.

White fish ,suckers, pike are worth nothing,keep it simple.

You would be allowed split shot but one fly i think is best.

Also the idea is it would be like match play,catch more fish then your opponent to get the win.So 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie and 0 for a loss.We could rig up playoffs at the end but that would be in October so maybe the league should end 2nd week in Sept so we could have playoffs the last 2 weeks.

We could also keep a running total of #'s of fish,but the idea would be to win your match.

im in i need to be out on the river more anyway... got a new unpaid job that requires me to fish... but i need someone to drag my sorry arse out there.

let me know when you figure it out

Hmmm nothing sorry about your arse girl, Just saying!!!!!

The fish league is out of my league only due to distance.. and water fished..