Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing League

I'd love to join, but by the nature of my current geographical locale, I am by definition excluded, cause there ain't no way I am making that commute.

But I'd love to come as an observer, keep everyone honest, and throw rocks in Taco or Bhurt's pools. :) j/k

And I think Maxwell should be blindfolded and forced to use his bad arm for casting (if he has one).

Smitty

Smitty,

I actually encourage you to do that, that way I can give a demostration on how not to do a baptisim in a river.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could we have a wed night group and a thurs night group or whatever, there might be better participation if there is two nights i can't make it on wed nights i would be willing to organize the second night. Also is there a time limit it was probably mentioned i just missed it.

eDIT: also this could be an opportunity to get some good pictures as we will be fishing with a partner and it is nice to see good pictures on the site.

You will no 1 week in advance who your fishing against,I would like to have most fish on Wednesdays or whatever day (better chance of running into other fishers then)But if that day doesn't work then PM the other fisher and make arragements.You'll have a week to do it.

So I've got 16 that have said there in and some that haven't directly said there in.So 20 should be no prob.

If weather is decent enough I would like to start 3rd week of April.If not then 1st week of May.We should have a big snow storm by then.So either way it will be cold for the first 2-3 matches.This way playoffs can begin mid to end of Sept.

So what do we do about people on holidays?

Do they make up there matches when they have time.What about when people fall 4 or 5 matches behind and can't seem to get caught up?LOL I can see it now,Husband to wife.I have to fish every night this week to get caught up in the league is that OK.

Thoughts.

How about if it goes longer than two weeks (once they are back from holidays/work) they forfeit the match to the opponent.

Matches should be based on who out-fished who. Like in hockey, two points for the outright win and one point for a tie. He/She with the most points at the end of the summer, wins.

How about if it goes longer than two weeks (once they are back from holidays/work) they forfeit the match to the opponent.

Matches should be based on who out-fished who. Like in hockey, two points for the outright win and one point for a tie. He/She with the most points at the end of the summer, wins.

Yes and if there is any ties then it will go to who ever won the match between each other.

I wouldn't what to see forfits,I guess by mid Sept if matches haven't been completed then something will have to be done.Could just call them a tie too.

Mike why not do something like have matches for the entire year drawen up with dates, then people that go on hoildays can make matches up BEFORE they leave. As for unexpected things I would give a week max and no more then say 2 or three make-ups depending on the situation.

Guest Sundancefisher
i guess you could fly fish for perch at the lake... but since they are so tiny... point match would be 4 perch = 1 trout point. they're 1/4 fish :)

Great...I caught 16 on a fly today. That gives me 4 points...

I think it was stated quite early in this thread that ths was a "non competative" event... Or at least that's what I've taken from it, maybe I have misread things...

*Edit* From the website Canadensis listed "A competitive fishing event is a competition involving 26 or more anglers" I don't think 26 people are even interested...

For events like you are proposing here you need a license from SRD.

This is just a bad idea. Big difference if a few buddies go out together and "keep score", but advertising it on the interweb and half ass organizing something is considered a tournament. Seems like a road you would not want to go down.

Look here

From your link - "A competitive fishing event is a competition involving 26 or more anglers where prizes are awarded based on fishing success"

No prizes make this legal as far as i see.

Seems like a great idea and lots of fun to be had. Can't commit to this unfortunately.

Take it from someone who has organized several half assed events. They were all fun, regardless of how good a job I did organizing it. And I rarely spend much time organizing, I just expected people to have fun and wonder of wonders, they did. The pain in the asses that never seem to have fun didn't show up. Luckily.

From your link - "A competitive fishing event is a competition involving 26 or more anglers where prizes are awarded based on fishing success"

No prizes make this legal as far as i see.

Seems like a great idea and lots of fun to be had. Can't commit to this unfortunately.

I also believe that Tungsten mentioned a group of 20 guys. Not 26 or more.

Thanks for bringing this up canadensis,

Looks like we(I) should let them no anyway.

I copyed this.

A: Do all types of competitive fishing events require a licence?

No. There are four categories of events based on the number of participants and total prize values. Only three of these categories require a fishing licence.

Q7: A: Which category of competitive fishing event does not require a licence?

A competitive fishing event with 25 or fewer participants does not require a licence. Organizers are encouraged to voluntarily register the event, use best practices and provide a summary report. Participants in this category of event may harvest fish according to the sportfishing regulations for the lake where the event is held.

So we should keep it at 20-22 and no prizes.