Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

We'll both be tying at the show, don't forget to stop by and say Hi to Old Doc and pass along all of your fav fishing spots. :fish_jump:

Doc,

Do I need to bring out the walker for you, I think I have one in the basement.......

Anyways if you really want to see a pro tier come in and see Doc, I don't know how many times he has showen me little tricks that have help me huge.....

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i have been wanting to try these out for a while now. I need to clear coat them and they will be ready for some summer bass or maybe some night time trout.

post-2377-1327898237.jpg

post-2377-1327898269.jpg

I noticed that about the fly tiers at the show on Friday. Expensive price on the flies. But I got a fantastic deal on some grizzly hackle I have been looking for a long time to purchase. Pricing the capes I saw at the show, were out of sight. $90.00 for ones that I felt were over-priced back when they cost $40.00!

Going to the parkland in Manitoba at the end of May. Thought this one should be fun for tigers or browns in the shallows.

I tried it on Beaver this fall just for funzies and it looks better in the water than the pictures give it credit for. When stripped, its legs go straight backwards and then when it stops, the legs go out to the side, just like the real thing. It might be better for Jacks than for trout but who knows, might work like a hot-damn. Picture quality kinda sucks...

I call it "Kermie", and hope it will catch a big fat Miss Piggy :clapping:

Top view:

P2090066.jpg

Bottom view:

P2090065.jpg

Cheers.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

BIG TOAD - I HAVE MORE CUT BALSA WOOD THAN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IF YOU WANT TO COME SNAG A FEW FOR SOME HEADS YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

BIG TOAD - I HAVE MORE CUT BALSA WOOD THAN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IF YOU WANT TO COME SNAG A FEW FOR SOME HEADS YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

Thanks 420 for the offer. I live up by Red Deer so hooking up to get it might be tricky but that would be awesome. Thanks for the offer!

Cheers.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

yah, might be cheaper to get it up there lol. I use the dramil screw head to spin them to shape or cut them down with a blade and sand to the right shape