• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I have been tying recently

BWOs

fLIES016.jpg

fLIES021.jpg

A new idea I found on the Fly Tying Forum that makes the head of the fly bounce of the bottom while the tail hangs up like a burrowing may

fLIES020.jpg

Prince Nymph Variations that use Still Water Solutions Sparkle Blend Dubbing in dark red brown colour instead of peackock herl

fLIES018.jpg

fLIES017.jpg

• 2 months later...

I can't believe I have only found this thread , now ! You guy's really know how to tye !! Holy Smokes ! Great work here !! These are truly works of art !! Kudos , if I may learn to be 10% of what you guys are , I'm going to be one hell of a darn good tyer!

Just started tying tube flies and having an absoultle blast doing it, when I get some time I will post some photo's. Haven't watched anything on tube flies so I have been just grabbing material I think will work and ting it on.

Oh no here comes the boss better look like I am actually doing something at work other then wishing I was on the river fishin.

Royal Coachman Wet fly, for some of those small spring creeks I want to fish this summer. Always has been a great attractor pattern for me an old classic. Tied Catskill style.

DSC_0177.jpg

I was at Upper Kananaskis last weekend and I put on royal coachman wet as a dropper and the cutthroats loved it! nice tie :clapping:

cuttie candy :D

One of my all time favorite flies (and very nicely tied SilverDoctor). The coachmen holds a lot of memories for me, my Grandfather when he was teaching me how to fly fish would always remark when fishing for cutties "give em' something with red, they love the red" and it was always the coachmen we went with (and it always produced a fish or two).

Those are some great ties. I have just started tying myself. first few wire. Worms last week. Went and caught a whitefish on one that day. I would like to see some pics of Mr sanjuanworms and anyone else's so I can have a better idea of what to do.

Thanks

Greg

There are a lot of pictures here already posted if you do a search.

Those are some great ties. I have just started tying myself. first few wire. Worms last week. Went and caught a whitefish on one that day. I would like to see some pics of Mr sanjuanworms and anyone else's so I can have a better idea of what to do.

Thanks

Greg

Been tying a lot of golden stones this past couple of weeks using MFC Etha-Wing instead of feather for the wings....it is pretty good stuff, but not inexpensive. Picked up some plastic drawer units from Canadian Tire to hold more of my mats, and they are working out very nicely.

Sweet Adams Mitchell , and beauty Hopper Lornce !

Hey fella's can anyone share the secret to tying on the rubber legs "figure 8" style , as in chenille rubber leg stone . I've been doing the ole parallel tye ins which make them more of a cross pattern , if you know what I mean , I cant find any vids . And they just dont seem to look as good . Thanks guys

Edit: Found it....manipulation of the legs via chenille wraps.

Tie them in under body material. Let me know if you need a hand.

Sweet Adams Mitchell , and beauty Hopper Lornce !

Hey fella's can anyone share the secret to tying on the rubber legs "figure 8" style , as in chenille rubber leg stone . I've been doing the ole parallel tye ins which make them more of a cross pattern , if you know what I mean , I cant find any vids . And they just dont seem to look as good . Thanks guys

Royal Coachman Wet fly, for some of those small spring creeks I want to fish this summer. Always has been a great attractor pattern for me an old classic. Tied Catskill style.

DSC_0177.jpg

I've recently been wondering what "catskill style" is. Any pointers?

CC