Fly Fusion Forums

2009 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

Welcome fellow anglers...

In 2008, Alberta Stream Watch was expanded to include a Stream Watch Officer in the foothils of S.W. Alberta. (for those of you unfamiliar with Stream Watch please visit: http://www.oldmantu.ca/streamwatch.html

Many of you who fished the Oldman/Livingstone area last summer, may have had a chance to meet our Stream Watch Conservation Officer, Jeff Cox, who initiated numerous angler interactions and made a significant impact on awareness of stewardship and angling regulations in the area. You may have also noted the new signage in the area.

It's now time again to start our donations drive for Stream Watch 2009. Costs have gone up and we will need to raise roughly $40,000 for each Stream Watch Officer on patrol in 2009. Stream Watch relies on donations from corporations and individuals to fund it's efforts. As many of you know, a good part of the success in our fundraising last year, was the result of the FFC Online Auction, thanks to the generosity of donors and bidders alike. Again for 2009, Greg (Toolman), has agreed to co-ordinate the Auction, collecting donations and compiling bids. Our objective this year is to SURPASS last year's total of almost $10,000!!

I know Stream Watch can count on your continuing support through the Auction and if possible, please consider supporting Stream Watch through an individual or corporate donation. Also, if you know of potential corporate or individual donors that we should contact, please let me know and I'll make sure that happens.

Thank you,

Al Caldwell

Auction Guidelines:

You can post your bids on this thread or make a silent bid by sending me a pm. When bids for any of the items listed have reached a resonable offer (met or exceeded market value) and/or, have been posted for a period of time with no new bids forthcoming, we will announce a Closing Notice with a Closing date/time for the item.

All payments for items are expected to be honored within 10 days of the items closing date. Payment details, including acceptable methods of payments, mailing address and contact information, are explained at the bottom of this page.

Your support is greatly appreciated and thanks to all who have already donated generously.

Now lets have some fun....Let the bidding begin...

2009 StreamWatch Auction List

1. TOOLMAN'S BOW RIVER WALKABOUT... with Host/Guide Greg Allard.

More info. from Greg...

"Half day on the river, with one or two anglers. Buyer decides what kind of fishing trip they would like... Nymphing, Swinging, Dryfly, Spey casting/presentations, examine the bug life, catch a few fish, all of the above, ect. Bring your own gear, snacks, beverages."

-current bid: $150 Pipes SOLD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. FLY TYING SESSION......Spend a day tying with the Silver Doctor.

More info. from Lornce...

"Bull session on the vice, aimed at beginners, intermediate, or specialty levels. Focused on your technique. Bring your tying to the next level and be forced to listen to an old bugger rant and rave about fly tying. Maybe even learn something."

-current bid: $100 troutlover SOLD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. SYDNEY CROSBY JERSEY...

New RBK Jersey with stitched numbers and letters...donated by Golfman09

-current bid: $150 greatbigc SOLD

4. HAWGSTOPPAH'S CROWSNEST STALK & WADE......

Enjoy a day on the beautifull Crowsnest River with your Host/Guide, Brian Peace.

More info. from Brian....

"Just to let folks know, we will meet in the Crownsnest Pass (or at the Gap), as I won't be able to pick people up from Calgary, unfortunately. And, it's the same as my old trips used to be when I operated my guiding service. Bring yer own lunch/snacks/beverages and prepare to start early and stay as late as you want... none of this 8 hour stuff... this can start at 7am and end at 11pm if you want. Be prepared to do a bit of hiking, if you want the best spots, but if the winning bidder is not able to walk far, I have some nice spots for that too. Winning bidders need to be flexible when arranging the dates of their trip.

I have 2 rods that can be set up for the trip, or bring your own (recommended rod is a 3-5wt with floating line, and if you got an 7-8wt kicking around in case we spot some Bulls, have it lined with fast sink tip)."

-current bid: $500 Ben @ IckyFlyWorks SOLD

5. PANORAMA ADVENTURE...

Explore the many rivers and streams in the Panorama area, with your host, Rick Reeves. (This is a non-guided trip).

More info. from Rick...

"We will be fishing for 2 1/2 days at various rivers/streams in the Invermere/Canal Flats area. The trip will be sometime in September. It will be mainly a Cuttie trip, as the Bulls will have already left to do their thing. I'll drive and supply the accommodations. We will split the food and any necessary beverages. Here is a link to our trip last year:"

BC Trip 2008

Video...

-current bid: $350 gustuphson SOLD

6. TACO'S CUTTHROAT SAFARI...with Host/Guide Taco

More info. from Taco...

"I'll offer up a guided Aug- early Sept, Cutthroat trip for 1 angler, somewhere in the headwaters of the OMR system, buyers choice of time and place, I'll supply food and beverages. Meet in the Gap area and the buyer must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells. I also have plenty of equipment to loan, for small, tight water"

-current bid: $325 jksnijders SOLD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. BOW JET TRIP ...with host/guide tungsten.

More info. from Mike...

"This will be a full day on the water, below Hwy. 24, down too the reserve section of the lower Bow. Will include flies, lunch and beverages. We can go anytime that is convenient, from July 1st, untill the end of the season, pending on conditions. If you want to drift fish, I can take two anglers. Or, if you want to jet from run too run and stop to fish, no problem and I can take up to three anglers"

-current bid: $400 GrnDrake SOLD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. MAX's BOW WALK & WADE...with Host/Guide, Max Robinson

More info. from Max...

"full day, will take out 1 or 2 anglers on the bow and teach yall a ton of stuff!!!! slay a few fish too!!! bring your lunches rods reels lines, i got the flies and any other terminal tackle!!!!!"

-current bid: $350 thefisherking SOLD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Bow River Favorites ... Tied and donated by Brian Peace

2 dozen of Hawgstoppahs top producing Nymphs + Streamers.

-current bid: $100 BeadHeadWallySOLD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. LAKE CHAPARRAL FLYFISHING...

Enjoy a day at Lake Chaparral, chasing large Triploid Rainbows, with Hosts Rickr and troutlover

More info. from Rick and Jared...

"We will be fishing Lake Chaparral and/or the Bow near Chaparral, anglers choice. It is for two people. Be warned-there will be teams and maybe some friendly wagering. Expect some bantering, heckling, and lots of laughing!"

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6723

-current bid: $200 Taco SOLD

11. MissinTheBow's Stillwater Favorites...

Fly Box with 20 of Brett's favorite Chironomids and a few other lake flies as well.

-current bid: $125 Tungsten SOLD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. BIRCHY's COMPUTER TUNE UP...

More info. from Ryan...

"Is your computer running slow? Think you may have a virus or spyware or both? Do you need to set up a home network so that you can share files and printers? Do you want to upgrade your current computer with the latest and greatest software? I can perform all of the above services for you, quickly and efficiently!"

-Up to 4 hours of service time, for PC's with Windows only. No Mac's.

-Does not include any parts/software/hardware that may be needed/wanted/recommended ect.

-current bid: $100 rickr SOLD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13."I LIKE CAKE"...

More info. from Chris...

"I would like to offer a BIGBOWTROUT CAKE SPECIAL. I will bake a cake of the winning bidders choice (I don't bake but how hard can it be). I will hand deliver the cake to almost anywhere in Alberta within reason and as long as there is good fishing close by."

-current bid: $80 Loyaleddie SOLD

14. Pieroway Fly Rod... donated by calkid75

More info. from Guy...

"I am putting up for auction, a brand new custom built fly rod from my favorite local (Calgary) rod builder. One 9 foot 5 weight 4 piece rod made by Pieroway Rod Company. It is a red wine colour and has a matching Reel seat. The guides are a little brighter red. I think this rod is a real looker, from the custom cork work and reel seat to the the nicely matched colours. Here is a couple links to pics of the rod (My lighting is not so good so please bear with me.)"

Rod picture 1

Rod picture 2

Rod picture 3

-current bid: $150 fegus SOLD

15. Crowsnest Fishing Vacation... donated by ReeLife

More info. from Tim...

"My sister has donated five days to stay in her special new rental home located in Blairmore, Alberta. This home normally rents for as much as $250/day and sleeps 7 people. Brian Peace can vouch for what a nice place it is since he stayed a week with me there.

Here is a link to it: fishing vacation rental"

-current bid: $475 ReelLife SOLD

16. ATLANTIC SALMON FLY PLATE... donated by Tak Shimizu

More info. about Tak...

"Tak is known throughout North America for his Museum quality fly tying work. Note he even makes his own hooks. Tak does not sell commercially-he only ties for auctions raising money for charity. As much as a $1000 or more dollars is raised for each Fly Plate."

Here are the links to the photos of the Salmon Fly he has donated.

Tak Shimizu Fly Plate

Jock Scott Fly

Back of Fly Plate

-current bid: $280ReelLife SOLD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. drbulltrout's Castle River Adventure...

More info. from Andrew...

"We'll be meeting somewhere on the main stem of the castle between hwy 507 and the headwaters (depending on where the fishing is most productive in a prior scouting trip)...We'll be casting to some eager Cutts and Rainbows and more than likely some decent sized bulls to boot...beer, flies and a stale sense of humour will all be included...bidder should be in reasonable shape as we'll probably cover quite a bit of water and a little bit of bushwacking but can also pick easier routes for those who don't want to exert themselves too much...more than likely sometime in mid august when flows are down, the hatches are on, and the water's clear..."

-current bid: $300 cheeler SOLD

18. Outdoor Photography Workshop... with Clive Schaupmeyer

More info. from Clive...

"I will donate a one-day outdoor photography "workshop" for one or two people with DSLRs only. This offer is open for any day (we can agree on) in July through September, 2009.) Depending on your travel needs, we will go from mid morning until whenever ...

The winner will have to travel to either Pincher Creek or Coaldale...depending on when and where we can agree on. I will provide transportation from there. We will basically spend the day taking pictures and attempting to cover many photography items such as: lighting, composition and technique. We will cover apertures, shutter speeds, ISO and their applications. We can practice macro (closeup) photography, wildlife and scenics.

(If we agree on meeting in Pincher perhaps we can do Waterton and find some bears. I'll drive.)

The winner will be responsible for lunch and refreshments and of course appropriate hiking shoes and clothing. You will need your DSLR, lenses, polarizing filter and tripod or monopod."

Here are a few pictures I took in 2008.

-current bid: $250 kritofr SOLD

19. S. Alberta Pike Fishing... with Host/Guide cuttbow

More info. from Brent...

"I will donate a full day pike trip. Including lunch, beverages and gear if needed. Somewhere in southern Alberta, for 1 or 2 people, its going to a great cause. Pikin' will be prime into late June this year. Water temps are only 41.5F this year compared to 53.5F last year. figure its running 4 weeks late due to global warming. Need at least 50-60F to get the big ones geared up."

-current bid: $225 cuttbow SOLD

20. RED DEER RIVER DRIFT with Host/Guide sanky

Search for beautifull Trophy Brown Trout that have made this river so famous.

More info. from Tony...

"I would like to donate a full day float on the Red Deer River, between May 25th-29th, to catch the Skwala Stonefly Hatch. I do suggest a mid-week float so that we encounter very little traffic and have the whole river to ourselves.

A BBQ lunch will be provided along with water and snacks. Please anticipate a long day on the water, as hatch times may vary and we might only get off the water at dark. I am not a guide but I LOVE to flyfish."

-current bid: $320 ReelLife SOLD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21. Custom Landing Net... made/donated by TerryH

More info. from Terry...

"I will donate a custom made-to-order wood landing net . The purchaser will have the option of either a catch & release style or a pontoon net. The C&R style has an 8"x16" opening and a total length of 24". The pontoon net has a 10.5"x16.5" opening and a total length of 36". Both accept readily available replacement bags. The pictures that follow show samples of each style and some of the wood options available. The net frame is laminated with three wood strips that are normally chosen to contrast in colour. The purchaser may select from any of the following wood options for the frame: walnut, ash, purple heart, white oak, or red oak. For the handle, the same wood options are available, plus the choice of birdseye maple. Other wood options will be considered subject to availablity, suitability for bending, and cost."

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tmhrudey/net-01.jpg

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tmhrudey/net-02.jpg

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tmhrudey/net-03.jpg

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tmhrudey/net-04.jpg

-current bid: $200 rusty SOLD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22. Bow River Float... donated by Bow River Adventures

More info. from dutchie...

"I will give a full days float with lunch for 2 guys on the bow , the date will have to be picked between me and the winning bidder and would sooner do it during the week when not so crowded."

http://bowriveradventures.googlepages.com/

-current bid: $300 adcSOLD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23. LOST CREEK BROWN's... with Host/Guide fishpro

More info. from Dustin...

"Brown Trout walk and wade at a stream location to be disclosed too the winner. Auction is for a full day trip for 1 or 2 anglers, if there are 2 anglers you may have to alternate fishing spots at times as the stream is very small. Anglers can expect lots of fish to 20 inches, with the possibility of much larger fish. Meeting place will be either somewhere in Calgary or somewhere near the stream, depending on whether I have a vehicle by the time you take the trip.

The stream is approximately 1 hour NW of Calgary and we will drive to the stream, but will hike and cover 2-4 km of water depending on conditions and length of time spent fishing. The winning bidder should bring a lightweight rod for dries, whether it's for match-the-hatch or hopper dropper, and another mid-weight rod for small streamers.

A 4-5 weight rod would cover everything. Flies will be included."

-current bid: $300 ReelLife SOLD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make payments, Payable too "Trout Unlimited Canada" and send all donations and payment for auction items, too:

Trout Unlimited Canada

c/o Allan Caldwell

137 Coachwood Pt W

Lethbridge AB T1K 6A6

Memo note: Please mark all payments "Southwestern Alberta Streamwatch". Please indicate your Auction item # on your payment or mark Donation.

T.U.C. does not use PayPal, but will accept all major Credit Cards.

To pay with a Credit Card, contact Kimberly Davidson, at Trout Unlimited in Calgary, @ 403-221-8360.

Make sure to mention that your payment is for an Auction item, for the Southwestern Alberta Streamwatch and also give her your Auction Item #.

If you have purchased an auction item and completed payment, we will notify the member who has donated the item/service.

The buyer should then contact the member via pm to make arrangements to receive their goods/services.

Specail thanks to our 2009 SouthWest StreamWatch, Corporate Partners.

IckyFlyWorks - http://ickyflyworks.ca/

Fly Fish Calgary - http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?act=idx

Bow River Adventures - http://bowriveradventures.googlepages.com/

Specail thanks again to our 2008 SouthWest StreamWatch, Corporate Partners.

Fly Fish Calgary - http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?act=idx

Fish Tales Fly Shop - http://www.fishtales.ca/

Glenbow Flyfishing - http://www.glenbowflyfishing.com/

Whistler Flyfishing - http://www.looptacklecan.com/

Crowsnest Angler - http://www.crowsnestangler.com/mainpanel.p...on_sidebar=home

Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch - http://mountainguestranch.com/

Nile Creek Fly Shop - http://ogilvieoutfitting.com/?page_id=7

Wholesale Sports - http://www.wholesalesports.com/onlinestore/control/main

Davis Pontiac Buick - http://www.davispontiac.net/

Mclennan Flyfishing - http://www.mclennanflyfishing.com/index1.htm

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deadly !! put me down for another walk and wade this year dude! full day will take out 1 or 2 anglers.. on the bow and teach yall a ton of stuff!!!! slay a few fish too!!! bring your lunches rods reels lines i got the flies and any other terminal tackle!!!!!

Hi folks, hope everyone is having a great weekend on the water. I'm asking that you make a little time today, to look over the items we have up for auction and show your support for the conservation of our wild trout fishery. Also, if you have any items to donate, just drop me a pm. You can also make your donation directly too SouthWest StreamWatch.

The fishies thank you!

new Item added...

13. "I LIKE CAKE"...

More info. from Chris...

"I would like to offer a BIGBOWTROUT CAKE SPECIAL. I will bake a cake of the winning bidders choice (I don't bake but how hard can it be). I will hand deliver the cake to almost anywhere in Alberta within reason and as long as there is good fishing close by."

-starting bid: $ 4.50