Fly Fusion Forums

What Have You Sacrificed To The Fishing Gods

Teck71

I have lost this year

2 cameras

1 cell phone.

lifelime adds

2 more cameras (note water proof or not it is lost if kicked off the deck of a Bass boat in to the depths of the St. lawerence or Bay of Quinte)

1 more cell (real old one probably can be recognized with a depth finder)

1 wedding Band (still haven't heard the end of that little misstake, seems to be brought up in every argument we have..... something like this..... you didn't do the dishes, and you lost your wedding band)

I don't know how many packs of smokes and lighters

Teck

Guest bigbadbrent

Gotta pay your dues to the Beaver Dam tree before the fishing really picks up...

i've payed my dues in phones and flies, and about 30 pairs of pliers

Guest bigbadbrent

I'd have to agree, definitly a girlfriend, friendships, jobs (not that it hasnt helped either). I've blown out my shoulder numerous times, and im sure the little soldier count is down from wetwading the oldman and livingstone for years apon years.

Many boxes, too many flies to count. rods after rods. golfing hit the dirt...pretty much everything that isn't fishing related, isn't doing so well...

Multiple cell phones drowned (4 I think)

Multiple camera's drowned (2 or 3)

1 car remote

1 wallet (water skiing when I was 18)

2 pairs of glasses:

One when slapped in the face by a big wave fishing in the surf. Caught the fish though. Driving home in the dark was sort of a bitch. One when I jumped in the Bow after my son because I stupidly tried to cross with him in a side channel and he got swept down.

My virginity

1 rod and reel (put it down, fish hit, bye bye rod)

4 or 5 nail knot tools, 3 flyboxes, who knows how many pliers and hemos (all this year)

The virginity part isn't true, but I got your attention.

We all know you haven't lost it yet.

Damn. That's why all my kids look like the cable repair guy. Always thought it was weird he came around so much, particularly since I had satellite.

I did have a dream once about a certain famous country western singer and a boat......