Fly Fusion Forums

What Have You Sacrificed To The Fishing Gods

Teck71

A few pairs of sun glasses.....over the years I guess, not much else.....and I leave my cell phone in the truck, do not want to be called while I am fishing and I went for years without being eaten by a bear so I don't need to call for help too often.

A brand spanking new outfit consisting of a Sage 9ft. 6wt...a Hardy Marquis 6 reel loaded with a Cortland fly line and backing, all of which fell out of my canoe when I wasn't paying attention...a pair of sunglasses, and a fishing hat...I guess when you consider how long I've been fishing, that's not to bad.

A few boats ago, I took a rather famous country singers honour, just above the cliffs of doom..Tasty!!!!!!!!

WARNING: DISTURBING CONTENT!!!

Took a while, but, I finally figured out why Glenbow thought it was Rita McNeil. Oddly enough, "the cliffs of doom" was

Glen's nickname for Rita's inner thighs, back when they were 'dating'! ;)

My sacrifices (so far) have been fairly minimal- forceps, many flies in bottom & fish, & one flybox full of terrestrials.

If you're gonna lose a flybox, that's the one to lose; hoppers & stimmies are big, so a lot less of 'em than in my nymph

box. Still sucks, though. :(

Oh, I figured out Fishhead's secret! He doesn't catch more & bigger fish than me because of his jetboat, his streamers,

or his skillz; it's all those dang sacrifices to the fishing gods! Gotta be some reward for all the goodies yer offering up,

right?

• 2 months later...

Snag05, I know for a fact that you probably only remember 5-10% of what happened in the 80's & 90's.Otherwise we'd never have alot to talk about in your radioless turdcel on the way to wherever. Funny how 10% +10% seems to equal twenty years:).

Bob ;)

I'm not saying who it was, but it wasn't Eat a big meal, Willie or KD....Good Burn though!!

How about:

I fell into a burnin' ring of fire --

I went down, down, down

And the flames went higher,

And it burns, burn, burns,

The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

Now I know why the Bow below the cliffs are so brown...

Eyeglasses truck keys

camera boxes of flies

sunglasses reel and flyline

several fly rods multiple cases of hypothermia

broken pinkie finger and a extremely painful tailbone injury :rolleyes:

I don't remember much of fishing in the 70's ;)

glad to know I am not the only one that has lost a Transmission as well.....looks like I am in good company.

One fly box full of drys just went sailing down the river while bending over and ploop out of the vest it came.

gotta remember to keep your fly zipped boys and ladies

Eyeglasses truck keys

camera boxes of flies

sunglasses reel and flyline

several fly rods multiple cases of hypothermia

broken pinkie finger and a extremely painful tailbone injury :rolleyes:

I don't remember much of fishing in the 70's ;)

your not a Dead Head are you kippersnack?? :)

Hiking out of Hector last year - had gas station sandwiches for lunch (egg salad) - left the waders on - 35 degrees heat - carrying a heavy pack - found the road about 3km from my truck - about half way there - I lost my lunch...

Lost a rod and reel in Wolf lake last year, also lost my dignity on that one, rod wacked my father-in-law in the back of the head as it went over, the WTF ??? look on his face as he turned around was pretty priceless though

With the stainless hip and knee losing my balance is a pretty regular occurance

Two canoes and numerous jeep parts, and once two years ago a couple hikers led my dog 23km into a backcountry campground (that was a fun day !!!)