Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Google Boat Ramp Map

With the recent Calgary City Council approval of the River Access Strategy, the fishing community will soon be able to float the entire Bow River from Stoney Trail in the north-west of the City down to Carseland. New boat ramps at Inglewood and Ogden Bridge should be open for use by 2018 if not earlier.

Calgary River Users Alliance has put together a Google Map of all existing and future river access points on the lower Bow river. Boats ramps will increase from the current number of 6 to probably 17 in 5 -6 years.

https://www.calgaryriverusers.org/map/

• Like 4

The launch near the weir has to be repaired, as it drops off so fast and hard off the end, I have seen boaters catch their trailer axle on the bottom concrete blocks. As well the old burm launch added an extra safety factor, in that if you have motor problems, you can drift down to the upper weir launch and pull out.

Thats a nasty drop off those concrete blocks Paul. Also if the water is high, it is difficult to load or unload your boat. For me, I would back down and then do a 90 degree turn towards the dam and unload there. Wasn't the best way but it was less hard on the side of the boat.

See you on the water!

Ralph

• Like 1

Thats a nasty drop off those concrete blocks Paul. Also if the water is high, it is difficult to load or unload your boat. For me, I would back down and then do a 90 degree turn towards the dam and unload there. Wasn't the best way but it was less hard on the side of the boat.

See you on the water!

Ralph

Couldn't agree more Ralph. Still prefer the old burm launch for the added safety factor and softer current after the big bend. Look fwd to seeing you out there.

• 2 weeks later...