Fly Fusion Forums

Truck Caps

I have a Range Rider, overpriced new but otherwise a good cap. Word to the wise if you pull a trailer any distance on gravel roads, get a plexiglass rear window if you can, the tempered glass OEM rear window WILL shatter eventually.

Snuffy,

I own a Tacoma c/w topper. I chose the Raider Vagabound because the height of the topper doesn't exceed the cab height. My 2007 Tacoma barely gets into my garage with a 7' door opening. I have roof racks on the truck where I carry my pontoon boat. With my setup, I have about an inch of clearance.

Another thing to consider when purchasing a topper. It it suitable for rood racks? Some toppers have goofy little windows where the rack pads need to be located.

Catch ya'

Don

I bought a Leer myself through Raven. Paid to have channels put in the roof of the cap at the factory to accomadate Tule/Yakima roof racks. Good thing too because for whatever reason the only way to get racks on the cab of my truck is to drill through.

• Like 1

I'm going to be putting a cap on a Tacoma in the next few weeks, but I've never been in the market before. Can anyone recommend a brand or a vendor here in Calgary?

I've bought many new canopies before, usually raider, usually from truck outfitters on Blackfoot .

Generally around the 2 k mark.

I started buying used canopies from that outfit just before red deer, close to innisfail, get it painted and save about half. They have a good selection.

I have a Raider topper on Frontier. No issues with it for the past 7 years. Seems to be a good topper. You should also consider installing an interior light with a switch so you can find stuff in the dark. My interior canopy light is wired into the tail light power so it can only be switched on when the truck lights are on. It would be much better to have it wired directly to a 12V source.

I have a Raider topper on Frontier. No issues with it for the past 7 years. Seems to be a good topper. You should also consider installing an interior light with a switch so you can find stuff in the dark. My interior canopy light is wired into the tail light power so it can only be switched on when the truck lights are on. It would be much better to have it wired directly to a 12V source.

Gotta agree with that one for sure.

I have bought a couple of canopies from Raven on Meridian Road NE.

They have different styles & prices.

Their new cappers can be colour matched to your truck paint code: looks great.

Be sure to have the canopy interior light hard wired to 12v so you don't need the key or any other lights on to use it.

Don't forget to shut the light off though.