Fly Fusion Forums

Is It Time For A Serious Discussion About This Forum And Fishing Reports

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally havent posted a report on here for a long time. Other than some river conditions updates during runoff to help people make decisions about where to go and where NOT to go (gas is expensive), I tend to stay away from it. Too much controversy. People complain enough about guides showing people water they think should be kept a big secret, so no need to post reports on it as well.

BUT.... What's next, no pictures showing any background except for a blue screen?? Come on... this is just silly people... The reason I keep coming back to this forum is to read the photo/reports section and enjoy other peoples experiences when I find myself short on fishing time.

Even the report that sort of started this discussion was based on a trip I was involved with. The actual report only stated the river name, and that fish were caught on streamers. No locations were given and no size/shape/description of the streamers used where given either (except one picture showing one variety). If that was "too much information" given I don't even want to see a report with less.

While Don's report is humorous, it's not the reason I come to this forum.

Spot given:

We actually hooked 4 fish total that were quite large on Sunday. two broke off, one fell off, and one found it's way to hand. Plus a bunch of other interesting fish! Did you guys manage to find any browns yet? I know they are in there, just very uncommon except a bit farther down (sunnyview)

This took me 2 seconds to find, and is about as specific as you can get without drawing a map. I'm not going to go through you 3500 posts to find any other ones

Why can't we live vicariously through photos, without mention of river names?

Edited by Jayson

Well let's someone make a poll and we'll all vote on it. Leave the poll open for 1 month. Then i'll have to run it by the site owner of course.

I don't think a poll is needed,fishing reports are fine just don't name the river/lake.Pretty simple.Same rules apply on other forums.

If a Mod see's a post with a name in it just do your magic and remove it,send a pm and be done with it.

lol, how things have changed around here in the last few years! 4 years ago it was all about the pics and sharing all the info you can. "lets grow the sport" is how most of you justified blowing up every spot n Alberta just for a little online recognition. I also stated that this problem could not be fixed, which it cant. Funny to me that most of the "grow the sport & picture guys" dont even post anymore, did we realise what we did? I know I did! to bad to late!

Spot given:

This took me 2 seconds to find, and is about as specific as you can get without drawing a map. I'm not going to go through you 3500 posts to find any other ones

Why can't we live vicariously through photos, without mention of river names?

A big change of heart from 2009 http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?...ic=7711&hl=

awesome post guys, made my day...

Aren't the the one and same Jay Jones aka humblefisherman who posts videos all over youtube with easily recognizable backgrounds? Correct me if I am wrong becuase I got that information from someone else, but if that is you far be it for you to speak out about hotspotting. Again, if that's not you I apologize,

No.

No contention, just giving an example.

BBT, read whataniceguy's post. Pretty well how i feel

Well let's someone make a poll and we'll all vote on it. Leave the poll open for 1 month. Then i'll have to run it by the site owner of course.

Poll would be interesting. Some members are sick of these threads and don't even respond for one reason or another.

And it would be valuable to see the consensus on those who chose to vote.

let's poll this :$*%&:

Two of the biggest Alberta stream cutthroat I caught in the last few yrs came from 49.831377 -114.437373 and 50.034759 -114.429476, 19 and 21 inches respectively.

I have been on the board awhile now BBT - can you tell me what you mean by your comment Occupy Cuttie Hut?

Just curious is all :fishy:

It's just an inside joke with a couple of the members. A certain someone pays to keep his trailer at a campground near some good Cuttie fishing. He has invited a few people to stay and have drinks then fish the next day. SJW and I are going to Occupy the Cuttie Hut and play bad 80's music, eat bannock, play hacky sack then out fish the heck out em.

Difference? Nothing. I like a good flick as much as the next guy but it's the gang banger hardcore number stacker mentality that's killing fishing. Hotspotting is just a byproduct of the explosion in that type of mentality and it can be traced directly back to west coast ski/snowboard culture. I miss the old days when the guys I ran into on the river had a bag of smoked whitefish and not a bag of weed.

Or some real hotspotting

But I really blame this Dude

<--poke--<