Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Jackets And Waders

I have three questions about fly jackets and waders

Is anybody's fly jacket bulky on them when they fish with it on ?

And does it match your waders ?

And does it have to match with your waders ?

Only women (and bhurt) tend to match their jackets & waders (or is it their handbags with their shoes?!)!! ;) LoL

J/K... But seriously... You should be able to layer under your jacket with a couple of warmer layers, especially if you fish in the Spring, Fall & Winter. It may be slightly bulkier without the layers. Either way it should never be restrictive...

P

I have three questions about fly jackets and waders

Is anybody's fly jacket bulky on them when they fish with it on ?

And does it match your waders ?

And does it have to match with your waders ?

Austinator,

It is critical to your angling success that your garb be the same colors as a 2>5 days old cow flop when fishing for trout. But sea water requires a more colorful persona. Suspect it has to with the drinkees with umbrellas in 'em.

Presented to you from a guy who just got his new Cabella's FF catalog.

catch ya'

Don

Jacket matching waders? Hell, I'm lucky if my shoes match.

And earthy colors? Pashaw. The ladies don't like their men looking like they are wearing cowflop.

This is what I call proper fishing attire (modeled by my 18 yr old son)

fishing017.jpg

Note the festive green color of the shirt. A perfect complement for the off white "wading" pants. Which double as regular off white shorts. It also serves as a nice backdrop for big rainbow trout, as can plainly be seen. The $10.00 store bought sunglasses add a touch of class. And topped off by a Gulf Coast Conservation Association Hat from a heathen fishing tournament in Texas. That's what we call fishing clothes where I come from!

You should see his father!

Oh, and did I mention that the above picture was taken on Tungsten's Jet Boat? Intrestingly enough, you could purchase a trip on that boat on the Streamwatch Auction, item #2 I believe. That's what we in the on line auction biz like to call a segue.

Guys,

Now don't pick on me. Just pointing out the "Guide" shot inside the front cover of the FF Cabella's catalog.

Looks like few of you wanta be guides!!

And do you guys ever use The Urban Dictionary -

Austination - means

The act of dating a 14 year old girl, and playing Grand Theft Auto for too damn long at your friend's house. Especially when he is tired and you have school in the morning.

Don

Dudes...if you don't look and smell pretty on the river, stay off it. Fishing is about the fashion statement....no arguments.

Now I just need to find a pair of waders to match this nice blue Helly Hansen jacket I just bought....it's got big fish karma written all over it.

You gotta take a page outa Oprah's book on how to dress for fly fishing.

I watched that Oprah show....only because I have stayed in the same campground in Yosemite. Oprah did OK. Her friend was useless. I was interested to see if there were any fish in the Merced River. Beautiful....beautiful place.

I had waders that fit like hers.......in the store...then I bought a bigger size!!

My wife gives me a hard time about how sexy I look in my fishing outifits.

As it turns out my fishing gear is my most expensive clothing I own. As for colour of shirts, I have Pink, Yellow and mint green. I am the Don Johnson of fly fishing.

My jacket does match my waders, only because it is black. My clothes dont match half the time when I am not going fishing.

Andrew