Fly Fusion Forums

Pet Peeves

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedestrians that think they can just approach the curb and cross when and where they like. This is what crosswalks, pedestrian crossings and lights are for.

Unless they're in a crosswalk, they're not pedestrians, they are jaywalkers. That makes them fair game in my opinion...

It happened again this morning....look dude you can't get on the elevator until I get off....and ladies first always....sk

Haha...reminded me of something that happened to me many years ago in a building DT...

There was, and still is, I believe, a courier in this city named Andy. Andy is about the most ignorant and unfriendly courier out there. He's a little short guy with big bushy sideburns and a greasy old baseball cap. Andy now drives a vehicle but he used to be a bicycle courier and took great pride in blocking crosswalks at red lights with his bike. Even now, he parks his minivan with the nose blocking the crosswalk, just to be ignorant. You know this guy?? Ya...thought so...

Many years ago when Andy was still biking, he always had a backpack that was overflowing. His pack was so big that I often wondered how he walked without it pulling him over backwards. Andy was a hazard in elevators because he'd swing that pack off with no respect for who or how many people were on the elevator. Andy was one of those guys that would come barging into an elevator as soon as the doors opened. One day I was getting off an elevator and noticed Andy standing there, head down, with his nose at the door, waiting to come barging in, as soon as the doors were open wide enough for him and his huge backpack. Unfortunately for Andy, he didn't notice me, waiting to get off. It was a moment I'd been waiting for for months. As I stepped through the opening door, I brought both arms up and caught him square in the chest with both forearms. He staggered back about 3 steps before the weight of the pack, moving faster than he was, pulled him over. As I walked by him, lying flat on his back and trying to get his arms out of the straps so he could stand up again, I said "keep your head up son" and went into whatever office I was going to. That was 20 years ago. Andy still won't talk to me... :lol:

Guest tallieho

my pet peeve..is when there's a boat lauanch & fisher people use it to cast at..yea sure there's no trees around ,but at least you'd think they would reel in or stop casting when your trying to get outa the water..

When fishin still waters, people cruise by in a boat, watch ya catch a fish, double back, drop anchor within casting distance, and pretend they don't see you on shore.....Gets me a little fired up!!.It's actually kinda funny :lol: .. Another thing that gets me, is when people follow me around at Bullshead, and make no attempt to strike up a conversation... :blink: .....

Guest Sundancefisher

Isaac Newton

My pet peeve is with Isaac.

Could he have explained better that with increasing mass...learning to ski becomes more difficult. My wife said at first that skiing was just as hard for her to learn. Being 100 lbs lighter...We did the old start at the same point and see who accelerates faster...me.

Now that begs the question. If mass is integral to the acceleration and gravity...why don't sumo wrestlers take up Super G? Just imagine who can go the fastest! I would pay to see that...

Isaac Newton

My pet peeve is with Isaac.

Could he have explained better that with increasing mass...learning to ski becomes more difficult. My wife said at first that skiing was just as hard for her to learn. Being 100 lbs lighter...We did the old start at the same point and see who accelerates faster...me.

Now that begs the question. If mass is integral to the acceleration and gravity...why don't sumo wrestlers take up Super G? Just imagine who can go the fastest! I would pay to see that...

My issue is not so much with Isaac as with the blasphemous tendency for people to interchange mass with weight. One of these days..................

As for the sumo wrestlers, they are not allowed on the ski hills because of the practice of tossing salt over their shoulders - it ruins the snow.

When fishin still waters, people cruise by in a boat, watch ya catch a fish, double back, drop anchor within casting distance, and pretend they don't see you on shore.....Gets me a little fired up!!.I.

That's called 'Sheeping'; low-end behavior.

I'd say lately my pet peeve is texting and driving; and it's really dangerous.

Off leash dogs.

People who, when I'm at a stop sign on my bike, slam on their brakes and stop in the middle of the road like I'm a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Bonus points for when it's a 4-lane road and said driver sits there waving me across while in the other 3 lanes, presumably populated by people who know the rules of the road, traffic is whizzing by.

Off leash dogs.

Amen, my pet peeve is other peoples pets, or moreso irresponsible pet owners.

Barking all day & night, taking them into stores etc., crapping all over the place and dog owners that don't take the time to be responsible for thier pets. Don't even get me going on cats crapping & pissing in my flower beds.

I find it curious that if you were to poll dog owners they would say that they pick up after thier dogs, yet this city is covered in dog sh!t. Having had dogs my whole life I know you miss the occasional one, but Southland smells like crap the whole time and what makes people think that I want to play in our other parks filled with your dogs crap. Parks & green spaces are not your dogs toilet.

I also hate it when people think that thier pets have "rights". Pets and thier "rights" don't supercede the rights of humans.

Andrew

Guest Sundancefisher

Elan Ski Bindings.

Apparently if it breaks...they don't stock parts in Canada...Now I get to deal with a repair rep over email in Slovenija. I am very curious to see how their warranty service works.

Who does not stock or provide parts to replace simple plastic clips?

Gezz...

Off leash dogs.

People who, when I'm at a stop sign on my bike, slam on their brakes and stop in the middle of the road like I'm a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Bonus points for when it's a 4-lane road and said driver sits there waving me across while in the other 3 lanes, presumably populated by people who know the rules of the road, traffic is whizzing by.

I agree. I wave them on and point at the stop sign, and wave thanks. Cyclists like you and I that obey the rules of the road are rare.

McDonalds coffee cup lids! They leak like a sieve. I like McDonald's coffee better than Timmy's or Fivebucks, but their lids suck. Of course, you always have the possibility that the person at Timmy's will put the lid on with the mouth hole right on top of the seam of the cup.. then it will leak too..