Fly Fusion Forums

Ffc Moderator Of The Year...

SteveM

Seriously, Chris is a heckuva good dude...

He was nice enough to invite me along to share some of his favorite cutty water on Sunday; I can certainly see why he loves this water.

Here's Chris with one of his many cutts on the day...

pa030788.jpg

At the first pool we fished, I tied on a fly that Chris suggested. It wasn't long before I had my first cutthroat of the day, and a couple more soon after...

pa030779.jpg

pa030781.jpg

Lots of bent rods & gorgeous cutties for the rest of the afternoon...

pa030793.jpg

pa030794.jpg

pa030783.jpg

pa030784.jpg

pa030785.jpg

Fish on!!!

pa030786.jpg

One of Chris's pet fish...

pa030789.jpg

(More to come...)

One of my better ones; he took a wet fly in tight against a bank...

MOD ON CRACK EDIT FISH ON ROCKS BBT :whistle:

I don't care what Monger (the purist) says, I will use a SJW on cutts; especially if it produces fish like these...

pa030796.jpg

pa030797.jpg

pa030799.jpg

bigcutty.jpg

I might have to Edit the title of this thread LOL but hey if the winner gets cake then let’s start the voting.

It was a great day out for sure. The water is still a lot higher than normal for this time of year and it changed a few things but for the most part the fish were where they should be. I would say it was a 50/50 day dries vs. nymphs with a lot of the big Cutts being super picky. But with a few changes and some long drag less drifts they would come up.

Just another case of quality of quantity but it was sure nice to get out to the hills before the season wraps up.

Thanks again Steve.

Now remove some of those pics of me!!!! Way too much BBT for one thread.

Bigjonjon PM sent

I've heard rumours that before agreeing to take you to his secret Cutty spots, BBT requires that you consent to a post-trip lobotomy. I can't remember whether I've ever been out with him or not. :lol: Terry

Terry I vaguely remember fishing with you as well. :ninja:

This is really not a secret spot (or spots) by any stretch of the imagination. I’ve followed or caught up to many others here and I have also cleaned up my share of bottles, line, fly’s and line from these spots. I’ve seen my share of boot prints and talked to some good folk a various parking places along this river. Just this last trip I ended up with 6 or so extra fly’s in my box and one was a nice big white streamer that was just left hanging from a tree. (Very easy to recover????) Further up at another pool someone lost the same style white streamer in a tree but this one is very hard to get at. (I’ll find a way to free it).

The reasons I like this stretch of river. (Not in any order)

• The Mountains

• The Drive

• The picky Cutts

• The super cold water

• The Bears

• Moose and other animals

• The couple of fallen logs I like to sit at.

• Fishing with friends and getting them into there first Cutts or Bulls

• Watching some really good anglers get schooled by the same picky Cutts

• Getting schooled myself (12 fly changes to get one 13” Cutt LOL)

I'm just glad I live where I live.

I've heard rumours that before agreeing to take you to his secret Cutty spots, BBT requires that you consent to a post-trip lobotomy. I can't remember whether I've ever been out with him or not. :lol: Terry

Well that rule was kinda not applicable in this case. Really, what would be the point of another lobotomy???

What a pretty fish....I mean bait.....I can't see the fish with that worm thing in it's mouth. How LOOOW will you go to catch a Cutty. You've been fishing for 'eyes and burbs too much this summer and forgotten that this is FLY fissin'.

By the way, it looked like a great day and the fall colors are so nice to enjoy. Catching a few big ones always makes the day special.

I was going to invite you to catch some monster rainbows on dries, but now I see you are only a bait fisherman.

Do you find chumming the stream with nightcrawlers gets the Cutties in the mood for the RED WIGGLER??????????

Glad you had a great day and I am jealous of your orange bellied mountain toad

What a pretty fish....I mean bait.....I can't see the fish with that worm thing in it's mouth. How LOOOW will you go to catch a Cutty. You've been fishing for 'eyes and burbs too much this summer and forgotten that this is FLY fissin'.

By the way, it looked like a great day and the fall colors are so nice to enjoy. Catching a few big ones always makes the day special.

I was going to invite you to catch some monster rainbows on dries, but now I see you are only a bait fisherman.

Do you find chumming the stream with nightcrawlers gets the Cutties in the mood for the RED WIGGLER??????????

Glad you had a great day and I am jealous of your orange bellied mountain toad

Well, I may be too far gone to convert...

...but, you could try, anyhoo!!!

I'd wouldn't mind goin' fishin' with chris but he likes to take pictures of smartassed sarcasmography expert's plumber's crack, the guy is just plain weird that way and it freaks me out.