Fly Fusion Forums

Ffc Logo

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's my thoughts. Fancy logo's may look great and be appealing... BUT... if you want instant recognizability anywhere, it's gotta be simple... very simple.

The mayfly isn't a bad idea, but the first thing that catches my eye in a new place I drive through is any outline of a trout. We all naturally see the outline of a trout and associate it with our passion, rightly so....

I've driven right by fly shops that had a mayfly, or rod and reels, as a logo, and never even knew it... so here are MY choices for a logo...

These would be easy to embroider, as well as to get put on T-shirt's, etc.

FFClogo1.jpg

FFClogo1blue.jpg

FFClogo1white.jpg

Ya like or no like? :lol:

Weedy1...I like the flowing lines of the drawing. Nice. Maybe a tad complex tho..one o fthose...you really had to be there moments. (BTW... that pix of maxwell is one of the best pictures ever posted here. The picture says it all.

Hawg____. Hey, simple is totally fine. Make it oval instead of square...maybe an embroidered oval and some nice stitching. Bingo. High impact .. no need for any interpretation of what it is. It is a fish..no explanation needed.

K.I.S.S. is good.

Guest Rocknbugs
Ok here's my thoughts. Fancy logo's may look great and be appealing... BUT... if you want instant recognizability anywhere, it's gotta be simple... very simple.

The mayfly isn't a bad idea, but the first thing that catches my eye in a new place I drive through is any outline of a trout. We all naturally see the outline of a trout and associate it with our passion, rightly so....

I've driven right by fly shops that had a mayfly, or rod and reels, as a logo, and never even knew it... so here are MY choices for a logo...

These would be easy to embroider, as well as to get put on T-shirt's, etc.

FFClogo1.jpg

FFClogo1blue.jpg

FFClogo1white.jpg

Ya like or no like? :lol:

I like these alot.

weedy that looks great dude, and clove clives input dave custom make me that one dude no matter what! ill pay the dolla's..because u know i"ll be rocking it every freakin day... anyway on weedy's design...the fisherman dos'nt have enough detail to really know its me same with the trout.... its a sick bully, broonie, cutty, bow or what ever....

how that clive....wait or are u useto teh

eh weedy tahst looks great dude and lvoe clives inptu. dave makeme tath one dude no matta wut. ill pay dolls cuz u no ill be rockin it everyfreakin day...anyway on weedys desing...the fisherman dosnt hav enuf detali to really no its me witout da trout....lmao.....itll be hte new speak soon..i jsut gotta get on tv a lil more often... :lol::lol:

logo11.png

I like this one if it is possible. Not only does it look great, it would definitely be "Ours".

I also like the idea because I, (along with others I'm sure), have to live vicariously thru the likes of Max and our younger Anglers here on this page, so it has deeper meaning to the people that frequent this site.

Regardless of whether it gets used or not, nice work Weedy.

weedy that looks great dude, and clove clives input dave custom make me that one dude no matter what! ill pay the dolla's..because u know i"ll be rocking it every freakin day... anyway on weedy's design...the fisherman dos'nt have enough detail to really know its me same with the trout.... its a sick bully, broonie, cutty, bow or what ever....

how that clive....wait or are u useto teh

eh weedy tahst looks great dude and lvoe clives inptu. dave makeme tath one dude no matta wut. ill pay dolls cuz u no ill be rockin it everyfreakin day...anyway on weedys desing...the fisherman dosnt hav enuf detali to really no its me witout da trout....lmao.....itll be hte new speak soon..i jsut gotta get on tv a lil more often... :lol::lol:

where did the maxwell to english dictionary get to?

it really is like translating another language. i get the gist, but not exactly sure of each word :blink::blink::blink:

how about the oval with the simple fish minus dave's classic atlantic type salmon fly, sorry i dont do photoshop other to fix colours, otherwise i would do something up.

I like this one if it is possible. Not only does it look great, it would definitely be "Ours".

I also like the idea because I, (along with others I'm sure), have to live vicariously thru the likes of Max and our younger Anglers here on this page, so it has deeper meaning to the people that frequent this site.

Regardless of whether it gets used or not, nice work Weedy.

That would be easy to do as well would it not? I agree on fixing the fish though, other than that awsome. would be a great decal and would look good on a cap or toque

Weedy1. I love it. That gets my vote!

Or should I say "ewwdy. I lvoe ti. atht gtes ym ovet". ;)

Its either that or Brian's. Both are simple and have great impact.

Clive. That looks great too (really, really good job. I love what you did with the counter-perspective of the words. Genius.) but it has a lot of detail. What is the smallest size that could be embroidered in? Would it fit on a hat? A sleeve?

Brian's would make a great bumper sticker, Weedy's a nice T-shirt and Clives a hat/patch. I'll take one of each.

The lines and dots on that fish are just black thread. The "detail" in the "scales" is merely stitch patterning that is "built in" to the sewing software. I can stitch this for real (that's a simulation) and see what It looks like. Will speak with my roomy and see if she can do it.....

Edited ... She's agreed to stitch it on some denim in the morning.

Background: I did a pencil drawing of that rainbow in 1993 form a slide. The trout came from the Aqueduct pond nr Brooks. In 2005, I did the stitch design -- I think it was on an old shirt -- and today I added the FFC words.

I too like the lines of Weedy's drawing--VERY arty. Well done man. However, I worry that whereas it means something to us, it won't mean much to others. Yes? No? Do you care?

WTF am I doing anyway? I ain't from YYC. ;) When we pull into the lease parking area and see cars from YYC and BC, we groan and curse. :rolleyes:

The reason i like this logo so much. It shows the NEW flyfishing. Guy in a ball cap just fishin. To me i found a lot of snobs when I first got into fly fishing. This forum shows young people helping old, old people helping young and vice versa. That to me is what fly fishing is all about. Carrying on a legacy, the secret relaxation technique that we have stumbled on.

The sleeker, slimmer, and "cooler" version.

logo41.png

I love this logo it would look great on shirts. A couple of edits that I would make first the reel is still probably too detailed and in the wrong place (j/k sorry spey guys), second I think including some fingers on Max's left hand under the fish might improve the look of the fish. The fish body shape is almost impossible in my opinion because the fish in the original is long and therefore spine is slightly bent. Again wicked stuff from all.

I do like the fisherman holding a fish logo if you guys can fix that fish. Right now it looks silly to me ..... other than that I do like it.

Here's a few more of mine . I think some of you thought it had to be a square. I can be whatever ya want.... a circle, rectangle, blue on black, whatever you can come up with for colors... just I like the simple idea... and probably so does whoever's gonna pay and / or embroider for these items.

here's an example more of what I had in mind for it. Tell me you wouldn't get recognized on the river sporting one of these!

FFCshirts.jpg