Ffc Logo

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

I cheated.

Recycled an old one. :)

You upstream or down in that arrangement?

Clive

This is one of Woody's sketches with a small tattoo added for the FFC logo. :) Thanks Woody.

post-229-1195266454.jpg

Love it....

In all seriousness, the "F.F.C" running off the tail of a Mayfly looks awesome.

I think rather than the old standard Stonefly or Trout jumping, the Mayfly would look great in the final logo.

Weedy1..it's the damn lines in the may's wings. Imagine that at one inch high .. too much detail. The BF pattern changes are several stitches wide. I can try to "embroiderize" the image and run a test on my wife's machine. Not today.

Weedy1..it's the damn lines in the may's wings. Imagine that at one inch high .. too much detail. The BF pattern changes are several stitches wide. I can try to "embroiderize" the image and run a test on my wife's machine. Not today.

Do you think the detail in the wings would be required? If the wing was done in a light color compared to the background, the effect may still come through. I don't know? What do you think?

Weedy1

It is just a matter of starting from scratch, designing a simple outline of the mayfly and filling in parts of the wings and body in the colors and stitch design as desired. But that takes time and I won't even think of doing it. (Hell, I ain't even that good at it, although I've make a few fishing theme designs on the embroidery software. It can take a few hours to start from scratch when, like me, one does not use the software often.)

Dave ... that is my drawing and you are welcome to use it as a line-drawing base to take to a stitchery designer.

Main thing as you know is: KISS.

Clive

i definately like this idea.

what if there was just the outline of the body, legs, tail and wings in black & silver thread mixed, the colour of the body would be the background material of the item it was on and the interior of the wings done in a light gold and you could even have the tail in the same colour to match the wings and stand out rather than just black or fading into the background. that would cut down on the detail and make it a little more simple

And the caddis is the national insect for Calgarans, eh?

No. Its the BAW!!!

Beautiful embroidery, Clive. And Pacres, I like the simplicity of that design to.

As far as logos, its all been done before (stones, caddis, salmon flies, etc.). What can you do? Just pick one that looks good.

An idea jumped into my head while looking at the F.F.C letters on the mayflies tail. Put mayflies (or caddis) clinging to the F's. Like they just hatched. The C could be a BAW. Anyway, just another idea someone can run with.