Fly Fusion Forums

Official 2010 Stream Watch Auction Items!

reevesr1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note on item 30; ain't an old single cab truck no more, I've bought more "recent" transportation and irregardless of what rickr says, I shower biweekly whether I need it or not.

Note on item 30; ain't an old single cab truck no more, I've bought more "recent" transportation and irregardless of what rickr says, I shower biweekly whether I need it or not.

I've seen both the truck and the cowboy.......Whom ever buys this is in for a treat!!

2010 Active Streamwatch Auction Items

********************************************************************************

7. "I LIKE CAKE" by moderator, general troublemaker, and now chef BigBowTrout

More info from Chris:

"I would like to offer a BIGBOWTROUT CAKE SPECIAL. I will bake a cake of the winning bidders choice (I don't bake but how hard can it be). I will hand deliver the cake to almost anywhere in Alberta within reason and as long as there is good fishing close by"

Now I guess we need someone to donate a pie to settle the debate once and for all!

Current Bid:$35 Teck

********************************************************************************

9. "WHO WANTS CAKE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE PIE" brought to you byUberfly

Oh, it's on now! The debate can finally be settled.

More info from Peter:

"I'll bake the pie (but can't guarantee I will be available to deliver - but we'll figure that out later)... Also, I will only bake one based on what seasonal fruit is available at that particular point in time (i.e. may not have a choice on what kind of pie - I will guarantee that it will be freshly baked and 100% homemade - including crust)"

From Rickr:If Pete can't deliver the pie, I can anywhere from Edmonton to Southern Alberta as long as the winner is willing to work with me on dates. And fishing locations.

Current Bid:$40.00 brunsie

25. "Sundance Lake Hawg Hunt" with Host/Guide monger

More from monger:

"Join me for a tour on Sundance lake to find and fool some 6-12lb rainbows. Good numbers of large fish were stocked in May and September 2009. A number of different techniques are available to catch fish and add to your tool kit for use on other stillwaters. Fish to 30" are cruising and waiting to strain your wrist.

Cheers, Rob (Monger)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/fishm...ngRobR003-1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/fishmonger/IMG_7171.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/fishm...ng003.jpg"

Current Bid:$150 fishpro

Closing Notice, Friday April 16 at 10 PM

26. "MEN'S XL DODGE SAWBUCK SPORT/WORK VEST" donated by Brad Styner at Airdrie Chrysler via fishpro

Retail Value $75

We don\'t have a picture of this particular vest, but here is what a Sawbuck Vest looks like:

Example of Sawbuck Vest

Current Bid:$20.00 Brunsie

27. "Waterproof Designer Ladies Footwear" donated by Mipstick Boutique via fishpro

More from fishpro:

"For the fisherwoman out there... (or the fisherman's wife, great mother's day gift!)

Auction3.jpgAuction2.jpgAuction1.jpg

Keep your feet waterproofed AND stylish with "dav" line of designer ladies & girls rain gear.

Classic rubber boots, fashion boots, cowboy boots, even high-top sneakers - all fashionable and all waterproof!

Donated by MIPSTICK Boutique:

Your choice of "dav" rain footwear, simply chose your style and size and it\'ll be shipped anywhere in Alberta for you.

Or if you're in Calgary, winner can drop by Mipstick's Charleswood location to pick them out personally.

See Mipstick Boutique to see all styles available to chose from.

Little girls styles also available for your little fisherwoman in training!

(retail value, with shipping costs, $60-$100 depending on style)"

Current Bid:$50 Trailhead

28. "LOOP AEG 9FT 5WT ROD AND LOOP MULTI 3/6 REEL" donated by tyfish

I don't think I need to say much here. This is just a fantastic donation by Tyler.

For those of you not familiar with Loop, here is a link to the reel

Loop Multi 3/6

and the rod:

Loop AEG

Get after it folks!!

Current Bid:$275 ratonb

Closing Notice, Saturday, April 17 at 10 PM

29. "DUTCHIES BOW RIVER TROPHY HUNT" with your host/guide Dutchie

More from Dutchie:

"A one day float trip on the bow for 2 guys , will be a trip searching for big bad ass trophy browns , i'll supply the lunch's "

Here is Dutchie's web site:

Bow River Adventures

From rickr: This is not just for the experienced angler. Dutchie has the reputation on this site as a great guy to go with to enhance you fly fishing skills and to learn the Bow! Oh, and to maybe get a huge brown or to!

Current Bid:$250 Gustuphson

30. "TACO'S TRIP INTO THE GREAT UNKNOWN" with your host/guide Taco

More from Taco:

"How about a unknown waters trout exploratory trip? Just jump in my truck and see what we can find for fish in Southern Alberta kinda thing. Some of these places I haven't fished in yrs, who knows exactly where.I'll supply food and beverages. The buyer must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells. I also have plenty of equipment to loan, for small, tight water"

From rickr: Here is the chance to do what lots of us talk about, but few of us actually do: go on a total explore trip. From fishing with Taco before, I can pretty much guarantee wherever you end up, you won't be walking in anyone else's footprints! I'll pay the buyer to bring my gps along!

Current Bid:$150 PaleMorningDunce

31.ADC and RICKR "PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS" TRIP TO POLICE OUTPOST with your host/guide ADC and transportation, comic relief Rickr

More from Rick and Al:

"This trip is for one or two anglers to Police Outpost Lake. Al will provide the expertise and I'll supply the transportation from Calgary (the plan is to meet Al in Ft. Mcleod. Al has access to 3 pontoon boats, and I have access to one as well so the boats are covered. We are thinking May or June, date to be mutually agreed upon. This is an opportunity to learn what is going to become Alberta's next trophy lake. "

Current Bid:$200 Palemorningdunce

32.UNFRAMED 12 X 36 PRINT OF THIS PICTURE OF A CHINOOK ARCH OVER CHIEF MOUNTAIN TAKEN FROM POLICE LAKE taken and donated by dryfly

Larger version here.

http://members.shaw.ca/ocl3/chinookpano2000.jpg

More from Clive

I will upload the file to a London Drug lab nearest the purchaser. The print will be pre-paid by me. I will email the invoice to the buyer when the print is ready. The buyer will be responsible for picking it up and the framing. Michael's sells nice 11.75 by 36-inch frames for $70 to $80 but they can usually be purchased for 40% or 50% off. The purchaser will have to trim ~¼ inch off of one edge in order for it to fit in the off-the-shelf frame.

As many of you on here know, Clive is a very accomplished photographer. You can see more of his excellent work here:

Clive"s Photos

I'll start this one off myself!

Current Bid:$125 Cheeler

"33. A RIVER NEVER SLEEPS" by Roderick Haig-Brown. William Morrow & Company. First edition, 1946. donated by dryfly

As show and described here.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetail...26x%3D0%26y%3D0

This is the actual book up for sale can be seen by clicking these URLs.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2616-0.jpg

This is the last paragraph in the book and may well be the best thing anyone ever wrote about fishing.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2618-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2619-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2622-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2621-0.jpg

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/2/d/8/63987/arns2620-0.jpg

I'll start this one off myself as well!

Current Bid:$65 Taco

34.HOW TO MAKE A WOODEN FISHING NET Written by Alan Kloepper and Clive Schaupmeyer and donated by dryfly

Clive will mail the winner a copy of the book. See a description here:

http://netbook.shawwebspace.ca/

Current Bid:$25.00 fishpro

35. TROUTLOVER'S SWING AND CAST AND SWING with your playing partner/host/guide troutlover

More from Jared

"This auction is for 18 holes of golf at Boulder Creek Golf Course in Langdon, cart included, bidder must bring their own clubs. After a great day on the links we will have dinner at the club house on me and then we will take off our golf cleats and put on our waders and head to the Bow river for some night time skidbitchin fun till the wee hrs. of the morning. Bidder needs to supply their own fishing equipment i will supply the flies and the secret locations. This is a BIG day and requires the stamina of a jedi. Any skill level is welcome it is my pleasure to provide as much instruction as needed."

Current Bid:$100 BigBowTrout

36. SPRINGTIME AT BULLSHEAD with your host/guide beehead

Beedhead will offer a guided trip to Bullshead Reservoir and show the winning bidders the secrets of spring success on this trophy lake. As someone who has been involved with this fishery from it's initial stocking and who has countless days of experience on this lake, Jeff will be happy to share the hot spots and hot flies, and will supply lunch! Winning bidders to provide their own transportation to Medicine Hat. Details to be worked out as mutually agreed. Also, if the winning bidder is from Calgary, I (rick) have some special Bullshead leeches I could part with!

Current Bid:$100 Keith

37. BRONSON AUTOMATIC REEL AND TED WILLIAMS ROD donated by dryfly

More from dryfly:

"This set is probably from the early 60s. The rod is classed with the old system and "In the early 1960’s the American Fishing Tackle Manufacturer’s Associations (AFTMA) created the system presently in use." The rod is in mint condition. It is a Triple-Crown "Ted Williams" signature rod, model 80-2 and it is ~8 foot long. It is classed as an HDH-HCF which should make it a 6-7 weight.

The automatic reels works well. The line is obviously old. While photographing, I found a flaw on the reel foot. It was obviously damaged and repaired. (See image in slide show.) It seems to have no affect on the functioning and the repair is solid.

I will not mail this item, so we will have to arrange a pickup somewhere."

Here is a slide show of the set.

Current Bid:$50 Taco

38. SPEY CASTING LESSON donated by toolman

This is a 3 hr Spey Casting lesson on The Bow with toolman, Greg Allard. If you are new to Spey Casting, thinking about getting into it, or have been doing it for awhile and want to improve your skill, this lesson is perfect for you. Don't be surprised if at some point during the lesson you get to practice some fish handling as well.

Current Bid:$100 Keith

39. SNOWBOARDING LESSONS donated by Brian M.

More from Brian:

"what I would offer is a 3 hour lesson for two people (adults or kids) with rentals and passes at Nakiska with an trained and certified snowboard instructor who has been teaching at Nakiska for 6 seasons. As this would not be affiliated with TUC at all, please just use my first name and first initial. Thanks.

This is for either a never-ever up to someone that is looking to get better at cruising down black diamond mogul runs in the glades. Any ability!

This is NOT transferable to another resort or to skiing lessons (rather than snowboarding). The lesson will be set on an agreed upon date next December.

From Rick: To give you an idea of the value of this unbelievable offer, the cost of the lift tickets, rental package, and 2, 3hr lessons for two adults would be $750!!

Thank you Brian!!

Current Bid:

40 ASSORTED FLIES AND FLY BOXES tied and donated by Joe Neidermayer Joe is very active in TU and won the Bow River Chapter's Habitat Award in 2009!

This is actually 3 auctions, but the details are the same for each. Each fly set comes with the box. The winning bidder can either take the box and flies he/she bid on OR for an additional $10 donation, when the winner comes to pick up the flies he can exchange these flies for his favorite style/color. The total number of flies would remain the same. There are a LOT of flies to choose from tied by Joe!

Outside of box:

img00075201004141622.jpg

40a. 6 Letort hoppers with legs ( size 8 and 10 -3 each size- treated with hydrostop), 12 Terranasty (size 10 and 12- 3 green, 3 yellow each size), 7 Borger Polycaddis (size 16- various colors)

img00069201004141618.jpg

Hoppers

Terranasties and Polycaddis

Current Bid:$25 proflytyerkyle

40b. 9 “Kelley Gallop” style articulated streamers- various colors (note: 2 hooks per fly)

img00073201004141620.jpg

Closeup of Streamer

Current Bid:$25 Uberfly

40c. 15 Clouser Minnows (size 4 and 6) various colors

img00072201004141619.jpg

Current Bid:$25 Uberfly