Fly Fusion Forums

Thieves!!!

I Had someone or somebodies, break into my truck through the rear sliding window couple nights ago...Got hold of my camera and my fishing backpack that contained 4 reels, ALL my flies and boxes, leatherman wave, fly-lines, sink tips, tippet ect...Good thing they never got to my rods, and never got my 3wt reel (my now only reel)...Im thinking they were targeting my camera, which was out of sight unless you were looking very hard for it through the window, it was under the passenger seat in its bag....Im assuming while coming through the back window, they saw my backpack behind the seat, and grabbed it...I 1st noticed the camera missing and was pissed, but when I noticed my fishin bag gone, My heart sunk, and my stomach went into knots, Terrible feeling.... If anyone has a 5wt or 6wt large arbor reel they are looking to sell, or any related gear for that matter, I might be interested, as the budget is tight right now and cant afford to replace with new....

..Jeff...

that sucks so bad!! Sorry to hear about that, crime like this seems to be getting worse in Calgary... I had my car stolen last year and they took my new oakley polarized sunglasses, I was more choked about the sunglasses than the car! I'm sure it is a long shot but hopefully they catch the guy!

My mother's car was also broken into on Saturday morning but when they saw the club they left it (they did try cutting the steering wheel but realized that they would of been a pain in the ass, so now we need a new steering wheel for it.)

4 - 5 cars last Tuesday (late afternoon) were broken into in our neighborhood. A few days before that, the neighborhood daycare was broken into (early morning) and the week before that the neighbor behind us got cleaned out, and the cornerstore broken into that same evening... Pretty interesting since it's been realtively safe and secure for the past 11 years since I've lived in the neighborhood!!

Damn that Druh Farrell for closing our local library!! Punks got nothing better to do, I guess. LoL

There you go Don, this is where all the kids are, these days!!

P

My neighbour caught 3 kids (13, 14 yrs old) trying break in to cars in our cul de sac @ 5:00 AM Sunday morn. Where the Hell are the Parents?

Regards Mike

y'know its a longshot, but maybe post a bunch of posters around your community for people to keep an eyeout for the backpack because hopefully it was useless to the punks who stole it. Maybe mention whoever stole it to keep the bloody camera and at least leave the backpack on your doorstep one night because alot of the stuff in there had sentimental value, and if they would be so kind as to leave the memory card as well. that's to freakin bad, Maybe it's time to start some blockwatch in some areas to help keep the prowlers out.

Jeff, my wifes vehicle got broken into last Wednesday. First time anything like that has happened in our area.

I got whatever you need for equipment until you get loaded back up. Got reels, lines and rods. Talk to you soon.

Its a new day and age...these kids know they get in little or no trouble for doing this,and if you catch them....what can you do....if its what im thinking you get charged with assult.

its not considered assault if the poor young fellows accidentally fall down and get all banged up while you are chasing them .

Its a new day and age...these kids know they get in little or no trouble for doing this,and if you catch them....what can you do....if its what im thinking you get charged with assult.

its not considered assault if the poor young fellows accidentally fall down and get all banged up while you are chasing them .

Should ask humblefisherman how that worked out. :mellow::glare:

Smitty

Should ask humblefisherman how that worked out. :mellow::glare:

Smitty

No offense to Humble, but since you brought it up,if i saw someone breaking into my vehicle, a camera isnt the first thing I would grab on the way out the door.

I Had someone or somebodies, break into my truck through the rear sliding window couple nights ago...Got hold of my camera and my fishing backpack that contained 4 reels, ALL my flies and boxes, leatherman wave, fly-lines, sink tips, tippet ect...Good thing they never got to my rods, and never got my 3wt reel (my now only reel)...Im thinking they were targeting my camera, which was out of sight unless you were looking very hard for it through the window, it was under the passenger seat in its bag....Im assuming while coming through the back window, they saw my backpack behind the seat, and grabbed it...I 1st noticed the camera missing and was pissed, but when I noticed my fishin bag gone, My heart sunk, and my stomach went into knots, Terrible feeling.... If anyone has a 5wt or 6wt large arbor reel they are looking to sell, or any related gear for that matter, I might be interested, as the budget is tight right now and cant afford to replace with new....

..Jeff...

Thats a sore blow, sorry to hear about your loss. I know i would be devistated at the loss of any of my gear.

Someone attemted to break into my car while i was fishing this summer the whole lock area was busted open and scratch up, but somehow managed to remain locked. Good thing too because i had my camera and my spare rod just laying on my back seat in plain view. Had a club on the wheel so it is not likely they were after the car. Learned a good leason after that and it costed almost $200 to get the lock fixed.

In todays age there are bad people out there lurking, even in a parking lot full of fellow fisherman and dog walkers.

Thank you all for the kind offers and p.m's...Very very much appreciated..... Thanx to some fine people on this board, I have a couple things back in order fly equipment wise...And knowing I can borrow stuff as needed makes me feel better too..Wow, I dont know what to say...All I can say is, I went from being pretty pissed of at people in general, to feeling a lot better...I don't want to sound like an Amy, but I was very Heart broken about my gear, and still am...The camera, well, it was a camera, But There was years of stuff I collected in that backpack, that will never be replaced...O.k, I think Im starting to sound like an Amy again...I did talk to insurance and, Im better off taking a loss in the long run, In my opinion...I could have lied and said more was stolen to make it worth while, but thats not my nature, and dont want to get into a Jam...Once again, Thank-you to all the fine people on this board!!...Have a great season!!!

Cheers!!...Jeff.. :) ..

Jeff.

I have a couple 8WT's sitting around collecting dust right now, both have old BFR Dragon fly reels, your more than welcome to one of those, if you need a bigger stick that whats been offered to you so far, for bullies and pike, etc.... lets meet up and go test the bugger out at lower K in may :)