Fly Fusion Forums

Logo For Ffc

Yeah fonts are really easy to change at any point. Also the angle or shape of the font . Weather its straight or wrapping the skyline and fish or whatever......... that can change at any point. Its the skyline and the fish that are the only hard points to mess with. ( Not really that hard. lol ) My problem is I have thousands of fonts,,,,,,, trying to pick one I think everyone will like or the best out of 4000 is a tuff task. but once picked its a 3 min job.

I agree with the logo from a distance...... but: Examples FEDEX WALMART PETRO CANADA MCDONALDS BEST BUY STAPLES UPS etc etc, none of those are fancy. None of these logos sell clothing etc. You wouldn't where a shirt unless you worked there. But yes I know where your coming from. We just need to look at logos that are not to much, simple but attract both young and old. I'll look at logos from companys like....... other fishing products, snowboards, ski's, bikes ( Harley ). I think thats more of a logo that sells.......

Tommy Hillfigger?

Gap?

Monaco Club?

etc etc?

Nothing fancy man.... I do like the calgary skyline thingy... it aint bad, but on clothes and hats once you start trying to embroider that? good luck.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of the skyline (or font)...but I'm from DEdmonton. ;)

Smitty

P.S. I liked Brian's idea the best...about simple and can be recognizable from a distance. Skyline clutters things from a distance (...but I'm from DEdmonton, so take my opinion for what its worth).

I agree with the logo from a distance...... but: Examples FEDEX WALMART PETRO CANADA MCDONALDS BEST BUY STAPLES UPS etc etc, none of those are fancy. None of these logos sell clothing etc. You wouldn't where a shirt unless you worked there. But yes I know where your coming from. We just need to look at logos that are not to much, simple but attract both young and old. I'll look at logos from companys like....... other fishing products, snowboards, ski's, bikes ( Harley ). I think thats more of a logo that sells.......

Nice to see someone take this on. The image below shows most major flyfishing related logos. Hopefully you can draw some inspiration from this.

BristolBayfishingindustryad0509.jpg

Here's my submission. again...

FFClogo1.jpg

I know where you can get t-shirts with something almost identical on them...

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product/me...t?p=51547-0-078

It's a great idea Brian, but the problem with simple logos is that most of them have already been used and even one that's slightly different makes you recall where you first saw it (which is why simple logos work so well). I'm not artistic at all, but my suggestion would be the silhouette of a classic fly like a caddis or adams. Either that or ask Brian Niska if his brother would be interested in designing a logo for the site. Still one of the best fly fishing logos out there in my opinion.

minilogo.png

Yeah I love Niska logo aswell. I tried doing one like it but it either looked to much like his or to much like the sport fishing BC one....... I love them both and they are the best I have seen for sure. They are fantastic.

Hey hey now easy on the orange hat... that was a throwback from a couple years ago when I last put up my logo, and greg (toolman) asked how it would look on his orange hat... so I did that up. Yeah it looks like a pumpkin.. :) happy?

and hey, whats wrong with a logo you could carve in a pumpkin? That would rock, actually. :lol:

headscan,

close, but completely different. The text is inside the logo on those patagonia shirts. you guys realize stuff like LL. Bean and other famous logo's JUST USE TEXT, right???

anyone that's commenting here actually design logo's for a living? I've done several. The more complicated it is, the worse it is.

Here's an example. This was chosen to air on billboards around north america.. with event times / locations in the top right... provided the economy recovers and the organizers feel it's worth holding this event.

smalldemologo1.jpg

I'll try coming up with a couple more logo's for your thoughts. :)

Here's a few more. The fly in the first one was just snapped off the net, we'd have to have a member tie up a nice fly and get a perfect pic w/ white background for us.

last one is using Pythagoras's casting guy image, we'd have to have someone touch that up with a pic of our own.

the skyline ones, same thing, get a real artist to do those up nice and the trout, I'd envisioned a nice brown trout there on that logo.

FFClogosubmit1.jpg

FFClogosubmit2.jpg

FFClogosubmit3.jpg

FFClogosubmit4.jpg

FFClogosubmit5.jpg

My pictures have been removed and this is my last post on this forum. Forever will I lurk, dreaming of my next steelie trip

Brian, you seem to care an awful lot about the logo even though you said you weren't going to post anymore... <--poke--<

:devil: