Fly Fusion Forums

Logo For Ffc

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay I said that first....!!!!! in another thread...

That and a few other mean things you still haven't backed up....funny you can state your opinion here after a few others test the waters but when asked in the other thread you resort to name calling...your a sad, sad man.

That and a few other mean things you still haven't backed up....funny you can state your opinion here after a few others test the waters but when asked in the other thread you resort to name calling...your a sad, sad man.

Your response in this and the other thread backs up what I have typed better then any back an forth thing I could do..

Plus I follow the "Redneck Words of Wisdom"

"Never get into an argument with an idiot- you'll just lower yourself to their level and they 'll beat you with experience"

"Never get into a wrestlin' match with a pig. you're both gonna get muddy, and chances are, the pig likes it"

"Never try to teach a pig how to dance, You'll waste your time and just annoy the pig..."

Done!!!!!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

clean it up with just a side view and raise it up a bit so just the tips of the banner are intersecting with the boat. Try keeping the banner in the fore ground to give it a better depth

i do promotional sales and i have a good seance of whats marketable and your on the right path! lookin good

FOR THE MAN WHO WANTED A DRIFT BOAT........ HALF DRAWIN ONE ATLEAST...

It is an empty boat ! you are Selling Fly Fish Calgary!!! not drift boats.. put a couple of fly fishers in it and maybe a the sky line of the city and man it will rock..

Again I really don't give a damn just , like well done logo.. and just a bit critical ....

Your response in this and the other thread backs up what I have typed better then any back an forth thing I could do..

Plus I follow the "Redneck Words of Wisdom"

"Never get into an argument with an idiot- you'll just lower yourself to their level and they 'll beat you with experience"

"Never get into a wrestlin' match with a pig. you're both gonna get muddy, and chances are, the pig likes it"

"Never try to teach a pig how to dance, You'll waste your time and just annoy the pig..."

Done!!!!!

A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought

You need a clean simple logo that will look good on everything. Especially clothes. And one that is recognizable from a distance. I presented this last time, I will present it again. If again a logo is chosen that cannot be identified from a distance (and the one being worked on in this thread is worse than the max holding fish logo, in that regard) then I again wont be interested in any merchandise

Examples:

FEDEX WALMART PETRO CANADA MCDONALDS BEST BUY STAPLES UPS etc etc, none of those are fancy.

The logo I have is not tied to specific colors. It can be any color ya want, on any color background ya want. That's the beauty of a simple design.

Here's my submission. again...

FFChat.jpg

FFClogo1.jpg

FFClogo1blue.jpg

FFCshirts.jpg

agreed that a logo looks better as something iconic - simple, looks good an a variety of sizes & colors. and it should reflect the site & our location.

the fly bc site has a 3 color stylized mayfly with some haida art looking design in the wing pattern. simple. looks good on a sticker, hat, shirt.

like the city skyline? rocky mountains? trout? trout food? gear?

big ass pumpjack beside a clearcut stream bank [jk]?

part of why the original doesn't always look good is it's a line drawing that doesn't scale well [no offence to the artist]. many of the preceeding ideas would have the same issue [again no offence meant].

and not everyone has a drift boat.

suggest to do this right...hold an official re-design competition?

only place your hat looked good. lol

I like the fish in front of the City - really nicely done.

Is there a way to show it with some different fonts. Was thinking something simpler and not on an angle. The Font that the GUIDELINE add that is on one of the banners for the forum is more what I was thinking .

Yeah fonts are really easy to change at any point. Also the angle or shape of the font . Weather its straight or wrapping the skyline and fish or whatever......... that can change at any point. Its the skyline and the fish that are the only hard points to mess with. ( Not really that hard. lol ) My problem is I have thousands of fonts,,,,,,, trying to pick one I think everyone will like or the best out of 4000 is a tuff task. but once picked its a 3 min job.

I agree with the logo from a distance...... but: Examples FEDEX WALMART PETRO CANADA MCDONALDS BEST BUY STAPLES UPS etc etc, none of those are fancy. None of these logos sell clothing etc. You wouldn't where a shirt unless you worked there. But yes I know where your coming from. We just need to look at logos that are not to much, simple but attract both young and old. I'll look at logos from companys like....... other fishing products, snowboards, ski's, bikes ( Harley ). I think thats more of a logo that sells.......