Fly Fusion Forums

Getting Back At Random Campers

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave's an internet ninja. We're all in trouble.

Seriously...how'd ya like to get a call like this "ya hi Connie....I saw a pic of your trailer and campsite setup on the internet...pretty sweet. I'm guessing it's not gonna be there for much longer if you leave it vacated like that and continue to squat on crown land for longer than the prescribed legal time".

On the other hand....I don't have a trailer anymore and could really use a place to stay.

Just don't start crucifying one individual for a few years of built up crap... Name, number, and address on an internet forum may be over-the-top.

If you end up calling, make it polite so as not to give a bad name to fly-fishers in Alberta (and this board). You don't want the RCMP involved, even if she's in the wrong.

Never had any intention of doing anything nasty, nor naming sites or names. Just going to ask her if she knew the rules on random camping and, if she didn't, then I was going to inform her.

I'm now composing a letter to the gov't....digging out one of the dozens I sent over the years on this subject and changing the names/story. It will go today - or once I find out from my buddy Clive if the contacts have changed.

I'm not worried about what you'd say Lynn... just concerned about the 570 other viewers of this thread.

You'd make a great ambassador of the site... well if you caught more fish anyways ;)

Ya....I'm working on that last part about the fish catching - so far it's going swimmingly ;)

Lynn,

Draft a form letter we can all use to send to our MLA!

Thanks,

P

Never had any intention of doing anything nasty, nor naming sites or names. Just going to ask her if she knew the rules on random camping and, if she didn't, then I was going to inform her.

I'm now composing a letter to the gov't....digging out one of the dozens I sent over the years on this subject and changing the names/story. It will go today - or once I find out from my buddy Clive if the contacts have changed.

Lynn,

Draft a form letter we can all use to send to our MLA!

Thanks,

P

I'm trying to dig one up - I think it might be on my old work computer. If I don't have it, Clive will. I'll post it on here when I find it so that everyone can cut and paste it. Time for another writing campaign - we should all pony up as we have in the past.

I don't know why you guys are gong thru all the trouble, you someone should just call a tow company to "remove an illegally parked RV". They would love to take it out of there. The owner has to pay fo the tow fee or the RV would not be returned.

I got something from Clive that I'll craft a new letter out of rather than sending something they've all seen in years past - and it's worded much better than my previous attemps. It obviously should include the pics on this thread - if anyone (flyfishwx or other) has any objection to the use of those pictures in this letter, please let me know.

Thanks.

I got something from Clive that I'll craft a new letter out of rather than sending something they've all seen in years past - and it's worded much better than my previous attemps. It obviously should include the pics on this thread - if anyone (flyfishwx or other) has any objection to the use of those pictures in this letter, please let me know.

Thanks.

Not worried at all , hopefully your letter will do better then my attempts..

If I am not wrong in NB if you random camp on crown land they will hunt you down and fine you, for the cost of clean up and restoration..

If not then that maybe some thing we could get started here, leave no trace and no fine.. screw up the site for other Albertans and you better have a fat wallet...

If this sounds drastic then so be it , I have friends that may hate me for this but.. then if they do not abuse the sites or areas then there is no prob and I have no problem with responsible random camping.. It is the few low life knuckle dragging pecker heads that have no respect for MY environment that pisses me off to no end..

Why the hell should I have to step over your sewage lines and outhouses and stumble down your ATV trails that lead up and down my rivers ..

If you abuse then it is no longer yours, it becomes MINE.. if you use and enjoy responsibly then it is ours..

Damn getting hot under the collar and the sun is shining think I will go in the back yard and yell at the birds or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :$*%&:

Only a couple more days till the InLaws are down... can you last that long Ray?

*hit I can last until they get here and then it is a question after that, but used to doing the countdown..

12 and a waky

I may need a long defuse in the mountains after all this........

I'm not sure if we really want to get this drastic, but when I was down in NZ for a while, it was illegal to camp anywhere except in designated camping areas. Random camping, especially from tourists in minivans, became such a problem on the beaches and other areas that they finally just said "enough is enough" and kiboshed the whole thing.

I think we might need to head this way. I was up in the Ram Falls area this weekend and it was stupid. There were so many rv's along the road that it felt like I was still in the urban sprawl. Meanwhile, I stayed at the Prairie Creek campground (which is fantastic by the way) and it wasn't even full? If people can afford the huge RV's and all of the toys and the truck to pull all of their crap, then they should stay in a campground!!!!!!!!

I'm not suggesting that every designated camping spot would even need a fee, there could be free camping with basic camping sites (no electricity and only outhouses), but the camping sites would be designated. There could even be "tent only" sites in more remote/sensitive areas, to try and curb the quadding issues (my experience is that most quadders are RVer's but I could be wrong).

I think the issue is becoming critical and something will need to be done about it soon. Designate as many camping areas as possible, keep it affordable, and in some cases; free, but stop people from just setting up shop where-ever they feel like it (obviously with some sensitivity to minimal impact camping people who stay in tents for a short amount of time in more remote areas).

That's my 2 cents, if you don't like it, suck rocks. :P

Cheers.

Yes ,I hate random camping and would like to get rid of it and THOSE SOB ATV'S. We were up north to a lake which had free camping ( only a few sites) I'm sure you know which one. They have made it USER TAKE CARE. Well the garbage that is left there by the localls was disgusting. The fellow camping next to us , said he would go out every couple of nights and pick up garbage then take it into town when he would go in. So we figured, since the camping was free and we where headed for town we could do a knoble deed and take the garbage in, so we did. The following day as we were leaving the camp grounds ,a big Black Bear was inching into camp. We stopped and told the campers across the road of the bear and the circus was on. The fellow and his dogs had to see if they could have some fun, the end of the storywe didn't stick around, we left.

Our Government HAS NO INTEREST UNLESS THEY CAN MAKE""""" MONEY"""""" My 2 cents

Dan