Fly Fusion Forums

No Class What's So Ever!!

So I'm fishing tonight down at Fish Creek and this "floatilla" goes by (a pontoon boat with two guys in float tubes and a girl in a dinghy all tied together). The guy in the pontoon, puts a couple of cast close to where I was but I wasn't fishing so it wasn't a big deal.... Then 50 meters below me the three guys all get out and start peeing in the river!! <--poke--< <--poke--< I mean come on, show a little class and walk the 10 feet (fins or no fins) and go on the bank or better yet, in the bushes!! Sheesh! I guess I was brought up a little bit better the you lot!! If you guys are on the board, show a little respect!!

P

This same group passed me along the boat launch stretch and went straight through the run I was fishing 15 feet from the shore. At first I was pissed off, but then felt a sense of satisfaction as one fellow in his float tube flipped over in front of me and looked like he was about to drown as he gasped for air, and the other tuber lost a fin and shoe. What a commotion. Oh well, even after the ruckus I still managed to hook 7 fish in the run which shows the fish will put up with a lot of disturbance and still feed.

A few of the float, sun, bath and party crowd are starting leave some pretty

bad signs of what they think is OK when they pull in shore for a break. Had the occassion

to seen a group (20+ people) pull a shore in the Fish Creek area one day a week or

2 ago for a break ( pee or otherwise ). Went over to that side the next day to fish

and could not believe the garbage left behind. Does Calgary really need to put up

'Pick up your Garbage' signs along the banks of some of the more popular

stretches of the floating highway? Enforcement is probably not practical let alone

affordable. Watched some kids jumping off the foot bridge...boy that is a lawsuit waiting to

happen for the City. I did not see a sign 'No Jumping from Bridge'. I am sure that the

ones leaving the garbage are making their mothers proud.

When I was near the southland bridge a few days ago about 4 "teen" males were lighting fireworks from the bridge into the river and air. It was annoying as hell when all you hear is "weeeeeeeeee......... BANG!" But after they let 10 or so go, they almost blew themselves up when like 4 or 5 fireworks went off right beside them.... the whole time I was thinking "Idiots". Of course they were laughing hysterically at there near death experience, truly Darwinism at work.

T & A (or public lewdness) is a far cry (in some respects) from public urination, littering, general disrespect both culturally and environmentally!! Not really where I was going with this post! Get with the program! <--poke--<

P

If these things annoy you to the point of a rant then don't fish the city stretch after 10:00 am. I saw some bare boobies the other afternoon so I will continue to fish in the city.

T & A (or public lewdness) is a far cry from public urination, littering, general disrespect both culturally and environmentally (though can certainly be related)!! Two totally different things IMHO... Get with the program! <--poke--<

P

Well now we know where you stand on boobies....... <--poke--<

Since you guys seem to enjoy boobies so much...

Here ya go! Enjoy!

post-1713-1247185451.jpg (I took this at the Galapagos a few years ago)

Wow

Those are a very realistic tie

So the hook sticks out the back end? :blush:

I love how you guys can turn anything into boobies. Just wait a few years and some of you can start playing with your own <--poke--<

I liked it on Canada Day as Mike and I were fishing downstream of the Douglasdale bridge. We must have seen 50 rafts of various natures, all containing loud, boisterous and drunk individuals who I hope enjoyed the storm they inevitably got caught in. If I heard one more time "hey...give ya a toonie if you can catch me", I was gonna tie on a streamer and leave them swimming in short order. I'm really hating what the Bow turns into on a warm day....it's getting worse every year. And don't even get me going on the ones that almost ran us over and had no clue how to row a raft out of harm's way. Must be God's way of diluting the gene pool, I think. But what was the absolute best though was the boat that decided to pull off on shore and light a fire. As we crossed the bridge, the fire department and police were there, made them douse the fire and confiscated their alcohol. Classic. And as we were putting away the gear, mommy came and got her sweet little daughter and rescued her from the situation she had no idea how she found herself in. Boo friggin' hoo.

Oh ya...and I saw no boobies....we have class in Douglasdale. Well...except for Dave.